Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: DB, December 8, 2021, 10:32pm
Hurst has intimated that the revolving door will be in operation come January, so who's going?

Will we want to keep Hunt, Towler and Bell? Hunt certainly has gone off the boil in the last few weeks so is he worth a further loan while Towler blows hot and cold. Should we end the loans spells of Revan and Bapaga early? Bapagas form seems to have gone downhill while Revan has struggled too.

What about Max, who has struggled with his injuries, along with Grant and Scannell who has not played this season? Like him or not is Lennie worth persevering with any more as he cannot shoot nor did he hold the ball up in his last outing. Is McAtee the one who another club is willing to pay cash for? and are the Macca transfer rumours true or hearsay?

Should we pay some of them off and make way for new blood. Talking of which that No 9 shirt is still empty and we need somebody to help out with the left defence role.

Whichever way you look at January it certainly appears to look interesting for us.

Posted by: Southwark Mariner, December 8, 2021, 10:40pm; Reply: 1
Merry Christmas to you too!
Posted by: DB, December 8, 2021, 10:42pm; Reply: 2
Thank you, I intend to have one remembering the birth of Jesus Christ. I hope you have a merry Christmas too.
Posted by: Stew0_0, December 8, 2021, 11:10pm; Reply: 3
Shouldnt talking about this now till after xmas. But have a feeling Revan and Bapaga will be sent back to there clubs in January. Cant see a place near the side for Spokes and think Danny Rose will have his deal terminated.
Still dont know what Hursts plans are for Grant and Scannell as they seem to have been training for some time but nowhere near the squad
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, December 9, 2021, 8:22am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Stew0_0
Shouldnt talking about this now till after xmas. But have a feeling Revan and Bapaga will be sent back to there clubs in January. Cant see a place near the side for Spokes and think Danny Rose will have his deal terminated.
Still dont know what Hursts plans are for Grant and Scannell as they seem to have been training for some time but nowhere near the squad

Think you could add DLK to that list, reading between the lines I don't think Hurst is enamoured with him tbh
Don't be surprised to see Spokes, Grant, Scannell put up for loan , Rose to have his contract mutually terminated, Wright loaned out.
He'll hope to get extensions on Hunt, Bell and Towler then probably look at bringing in 3-5 new bodies.
Posted by: devs, December 9, 2021, 8:34am; Reply: 5
I don't get this Hunt has lost form - he started off brilliantly and has dipped a little from that but he was never going to keep that standard up
Ben Fox seems to escape any kind of criticism on here and I don't think he is exactly pulling up any trees... but he runs around a lot so he will be fine
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 9, 2021, 8:58am; Reply: 6
I think Towler playing LB on Saturday means a new left back will be recruited and Revan will be sent back. I think Sears will be gone once he's replaced too. I think Coke needs to step it up a bit, he's the captain and barely getting on the pitch.

Hurst probably wants the keep Hunt but that depends on what Wednesday want to do. The same applies to Towler and Bristol City.

It's the final fixture of 2021 in just under 3 weeks time and we are still no closer to seeing Scannell and Grant play in the league. You can add Wright to that list too as he only seems capable of doing laps of Cheapside. The signing of JMD also tells me that Hurst is losing patience with his fragile wingers.
Posted by: Garth, December 9, 2021, 9:16am; Reply: 7
Quoted from devs
I don't get this Hunt has lost form - he started off brilliantly and has dipped a little from that but he was never going to keep that standard up
Ben Fox seems to escape any kind of criticism on here and I don't think he is exactly pulling up any trees... but he runs around a lot so he will be fine

Make a good postman, loads of legwork, poor delivery
Posted by: golfer, December 9, 2021, 10:46am; Reply: 8
Keep Mcatee and Sousa and Waterfall  ---get rid of the rest as soon as possible
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, December 9, 2021, 10:55am; Reply: 9
If we could afford him, I’m sure we’d love to keep Rose permanently.
Posted by: smokey111, December 9, 2021, 11:11am; Reply: 10
Quoted from golfer
Keep Mcatee and Sousa and Waterfall  ---get rid of the rest as soon as possible

Fingers crossed Hurst and Doig can make a comeback and then see if the league will let us field a 5 a side team!🤔
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, December 9, 2021, 11:31am; Reply: 11
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

I'm sure we will pay you to keep him
Posted by: Abdul19, December 9, 2021, 12:59pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Garth

Make a good postman, loads of legwork, poor delivery

Wouldn't that make him a bad postman?
Posted by: diehardmariner, December 9, 2021, 1:13pm; Reply: 13
3 in 3 out I reckon.

Can't for the life of me seeing Revan staying here for the season, probably say the same for Bapaga although he seems to have offered a little more, albeit not in the last however many games.

Hurst can be ruthless and I wouldn't think anyone is safe.  Included in that are McKeown, Pearson and Coke.  Pearson and Coke especially have had quite limited game time for established and seasoned professionals.  I suspect their dressing room influence will protect them from any swinging axe but it all depends if they still want to be here playing second fiddle or would rather go and be first choice somewhere else.

Scannell, Wright and Grant....Struggling to imagine how any club would want to take over their contracts when they're so fragile.  Nothing personal to the lad but Grant has proved a disaster of a signing.  If Wright wasn't a local lad and a Town fan he would be getting pelters thrown at him like Grant and Scannell do for their injury records. Scannell, another disaster yet has somehow managed more game time than Wright in the last 18 months.

If Sears can find another club I bet Hurst will drive him there.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, December 9, 2021, 3:10pm; Reply: 14
I think we might see Grant and Scannell go, neither have been fit all season and at this point are just consuming wages we could put to better use.

As for the loanees, I think we'll see Bappa and Revan go and Hurst will try to extend Towler and Hunt's loans, Bells fate will be down to how he does with McAtee suspended if we look to try and extend his loan.

I expect to the see the likes of Wright to maybe go out on a short term loan and the likes of Spokes and Khouri maybe get long term loans.

I think we'll see a Left Wingback come in and lets be honest Hurst is very good at finding Leftbacks in January. He'll contiunue that hunt for a Striker and at least another Winger and CM depending on how the signing of loan players goes.
Posted by: male private Nale, December 9, 2021, 3:22pm; Reply: 15
People saying the likes of Pearson and long king are gonna be moved on are living in cloud cuckoo land... they both have 18 months on their contracts.

Serious questions would have to be asked at the club if we are shipping out contracted players a quarter of the way into the deals.

Revan and bapaga should go back

Sears and 2 least likely to make any contribution out of grant, max wright and scannell should all be paid off.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, December 9, 2021, 3:27pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from male private Nale
People saying the likes of Pearson and long king are gonna be moved on are living in cloud cuckoo land... they both have 18 months on their contracts.

Serious questions would have to be asked at the club if we are shipping out contracted players a quarter of the way into the deals.

Sears and 2 least likely to make any contribution out of grant, max wright and scannell should all be paid off.

I think you're right but Pearson has looked slow and cumbersome every time I've seen him on the pitch this season. At Maidenhead he looked like he was running in treacle.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 9, 2021, 3:33pm; Reply: 17
lets be honest Hurst is very good at finding Leftbacks in January.

Bunney, Habergham and Horwood all prime examples.  ;)
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 9, 2021, 3:39pm; Reply: 18
I bought a GTFC 2022 Calendar yesterday as I always buy my brother one for Christmas.

When I get home I'll have a look who's on there after May and that'll tell us who'll be gone by next season anyway.
Posted by: pen penfras, December 9, 2021, 3:40pm; Reply: 19
I think we might see Grant and Scannell go, neither have been fit all season and at this point are just consuming wages we could put to better use.

Go where?
Posted by: male private Nale, December 9, 2021, 4:39pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Les Brechin
I bought a GTFC 2022 Calendar yesterday as I always buy my brother one for Christmas.

When I get home I'll have a look who's on there after May and that'll tell us who'll be gone by next season anyway.

My lad has finally turned on to an actual current town player on the 2021 calendar after what seems like an age of underwhelming hollow head ex players
Posted by: fishboyUTM, December 9, 2021, 4:58pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

Season long loan then until his deal is up with us picking up a good portion of his wage seems reasonable. He was a good player when he's played against us. Really haven't seen enough of him but he's knocking on now.
Posted by: moosey_club, December 9, 2021, 7:57pm; Reply: 22
In a completely brutal way, any player that hasn't made an appearance this season, or hasn't been in the matchday squad for at least 10 games so far ...is pretty much not needed and surplus to requirements.....with the exception of Crocombe.

Who that rules in and out I wouldn't know without doing a full check but that's the reality. People outside of the regular matchday squad of 16 can't be good enough / fit enough to demand a shirt so clear out the deadwood.

Posted by: lukeo, December 9, 2021, 9:01pm; Reply: 23
Boris?
Posted by: GrimExile, December 9, 2021, 9:09pm; Reply: 24
I am a big big Max Wright fan but I’m afraid to say it is painfully obvious that his body is just not up to being a full time footballer. We are a small club and we can’t just continue to pay him a wage when he doesn’t play more than half a dozen games every season. If it was a serious injury like a cruciate ligament then fine, but he’s permanently injured with what on the face of it appears to be minor injuries that more robust players would almost run off. I’m sorry but I’m afraid Max has to be released.

Happy Christmas to all and let the red crosses start!! #YTM
Posted by: GrimExile, December 9, 2021, 9:10pm; Reply: 25
Sorry I meant #UTM
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 9, 2021, 9:29pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from GrimExile
I am a big big Max Wright fan but I’m afraid to say it is painfully obvious that his body is just not up to being a full time footballer. We are a small club and we can’t just continue to pay him a wage when he doesn’t play more than half a dozen games every season. If it was a serious injury like a cruciate ligament then fine, but he’s permanently injured with what on the face of it appears to be minor injuries that more robust players would almost run off. I’m sorry but I’m afraid Max has to be released.

Happy Christmas to all and let the red crosses start!! #YTM

Such a shame, on his day Max is unplayable. No doubt it's last chance saloon when/if he returns.

Posted by: GrimExile, December 9, 2021, 9:45pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from promotion plaice

Such a shame, on his day Max is unplayable. No doubt it's last chance saloon when/if he returns.

.Totally agree.

Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 9, 2021, 9:52pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from promotion plaice

Imagine Max Wright with the natural fitness of Clifton?

Also, what's happened to Louis Boyd? He broke a club record and then seems to have disappeared, never to be seen again.
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 9, 2021, 9:58pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from jamesgtfc

With a bit of Dave Moore mixed in  ;)

Posted by: jimgtfc, December 9, 2021, 10:55pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Also, what's happened to Louis Boyd? He broke a club record and then seems to have disappeared, never to be seen again.

He’s playing for the youth team, only just turned 17 and has had an injury I’m lead to believe.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 10, 2021, 2:00pm; Reply: 31
I suspect Reevan and Bapaga will go back nothing to do with them as they’re in development more to do with if we can’t offer them games it’s not fair on the lads.

With Towler and Hunt it will depend on how much cover their clubs have I’m no expert but I would suspect the people looking after them would deem them not quite ready for Championship and League 1 week in week out football, personally I hope they both stay until the end of the season.

Then you’d have to say Rose would be loaned to Darlington if not given to them and a couple of youngsters loaned out to get experience.

Lots of talk about Grant, Scannell and Wright but personally I’d keep all 3 especially considering the work that’s been put in to get them fit.  
Posted by: diehardmariner, December 10, 2021, 3:01pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Lots of talk about Grant, Scannell and Wright but personally I’d keep all 3 especially considering the work that’s been put in to get them fit.  

At what point do you cut your losses though?

We can keep using money, time and resource on these players but I can't imagine we're ever going to get any closer to seeing them in action, definitely not for a sustained period anyway.  

On their day, all 3 would be an asset to the club.  Dare I say any club at this level.  But their day never comes because of constant injuries.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, December 10, 2021, 3:26pm; Reply: 33
Don't really understand the Grant situation, he's been back in training for a few weeks now but doesn't seem to be considered 'first team' ready. Couldn't we have arranged a month long loan for him at any level down the pyramid to get him some game time?  He'd of played a few matches and then come back  ready for consideration, but here we are weeks later and he's no closer to involvement.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, December 10, 2021, 5:13pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from pen penfras

Go where?

Contracts cancelled if no one wants to take a punt on them
Posted by: pen penfras, December 10, 2021, 5:21pm; Reply: 35

Contracts cancelled if no one wants to take a punt on them

But that doesn't really save us money. We'd have to pay them off and still pay for a replacement. They'll only go for less if they have somewhere lined up, which seems unlikely given their fitness
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, December 10, 2021, 5:40pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from pen penfras

But that doesn't really save us money. We'd have to pay them off and still pay for a replacement. They'll only go for less if they have somewhere lined up, which seems unlikely given their fitness

I'd rather it cost us more money if meant having players who were available week in, week out for selection.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 10, 2021, 5:42pm; Reply: 37
Ruthless I know but keeping them also costs time that could be spent with people who might actually get on the pitch for a handful of games this season.
Posted by: rancido, December 10, 2021, 6:27pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Ruthless I know but keeping them also costs time that could be spent with people who might actually get on the pitch for a handful of games this season.

But paying them off means less from the budget to bring somebody in.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, December 10, 2021, 6:46pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from rancido

We've been told money's there, if it means increasing the budget to get rid of the deadwood and bring in players who we get more than 30 minutes out of every 10 games , then so be it...
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 10, 2021, 6:50pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from diehardmariner

At what point do you cut your losses though?

We can keep using money, time and resource on these players but I can't imagine we're ever going to get any closer to seeing them in action, definitely not for a sustained period anyway.  

On their day, all 3 would be an asset to the club.  Dare I say any club at this level.  But their day never comes because of constant injuries.

End of the season, if the lads have been working hard to come back they deserve a go.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 10, 2021, 7:40pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from rancido

Paying them at the end of every month without any chance of them gracing the hallowed turf also means less from the budget to bring somebody in.
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, December 15, 2021, 6:45am; Reply: 42
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Season long loan then until his deal is up with us picking up a good portion of his wage seems reasonable. He was a good player when he's played against us. Really haven't seen enough of him but he's knocking on now.

Would be more than happy with that, didn’t play the last game and doubtful he will be playing the next one.

He’s got Covid apparently.
Posted by: Son of Cod, December 15, 2021, 9:23am; Reply: 43
Quoted from male private Nale

Why would we get rid of Sears?! Madness.

Quoted from HertsGTFC

End of the season, if the lads have been working hard to come back they deserve a go.

By which point we might have missed out on a playoff spot. There's absolutely no denying that we'd have taken more points in this dreadful run if we had three additional fully fit first team wingers. Get rid of two of them, cut our losses and bring in replacements now so that we've got less work to do in the summer.
Posted by: pontoonlew, December 15, 2021, 9:42am; Reply: 44
The amount of people on here saying Bapaga to go back is absolutely astonishing.

For me, he was a key part in our great form after a shaky start (covid related) he was absolutely outstanding at Altrincham but after his sending off Hurst has just dropped him for no reason.

Worth noting we’ve not won a single penalty since he left the team (and only one game).
Posted by: Poojah, December 15, 2021, 9:47am; Reply: 45
Quoted from pontoonlew
The amount of people on here saying Bapaga to go back is absolutely astonishing.

For me, he was a key part in our great form after a shaky start (covid related) he was absolutely outstanding at Altrincham but after his sending off Hurst has just dropped him for no reason.

Worth noting we’ve not won a single penalty since he left the team (and only one game).

Agree with that. I find his recent absence and the willingness to get shot of him quite bizarre.
Posted by: Son of Cod, December 15, 2021, 9:57am; Reply: 46
Quoted from pontoonlew

He's not as swashbuckling or entertaining as Sousa, I think that's perhaps what is going on here. He is however less frustrating and not as wasteful in dangerous areas. Above all though, he's on a season long loan so I'd be surprised to see him get sent back.
Posted by: Hagrid, December 15, 2021, 9:57am; Reply: 47
Quoted from pontoonlew

agreed, Altrincham was the best i've seen us. and he should never have been sent off

yeah we all know the rumours but he's an 18 year old kid
Posted by: pontoonlew, December 15, 2021, 10:09am; Reply: 48
Quoted from Hagrid

agreed, Altrincham was the best i've seen us. and he should never have been sent off

I must’ve missed the rumours?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 15, 2021, 10:23am; Reply: 49
Quoted from pontoonlew

He's probably one of the other 23 players that squeezed into Ryan Sears Audi A1 for the Guinness World Record attempt on Kings Road.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 15, 2021, 10:26am; Reply: 50
Quoted from Hagrid

The only rumour I've heard about Bapaga, and it's actually a fact because he said it himself in an interview is that he was one of our Covid cases.

There are elements of his game that aren't great but the fact still remains, Bapaga has offered much more end product than Sousa.
Posted by: Hagrid, December 15, 2021, 10:28am; Reply: 51
Quoted from pontoonlew

a GTFCJacko on twitter implying that yes he was one of the 50 in Sears car
Posted by: Mayaman, December 15, 2021, 12:24pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from Hagrid

a GTFCJacko on twitter implying that yes he was one of the 50 in Sears car

One thing that really irks me is people not checking their facts.  it was 51!
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, January 3, 2022, 10:12pm; Reply: 53
Can we keep Rose till end of the season, pretty please?

He’s on a different level and absolutely runs the show. We love him.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 3, 2022, 10:15pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

Of course. Please do.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 3, 2022, 10:17pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

We all told you he was on a different level to ourselves.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 3, 2022, 11:22pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

You can have him as part exchange for your striker
Posted by: Mariner16, January 3, 2022, 11:28pm; Reply: 57
Hunt looks like he's staying as Darren Moore is quoted on today saying he's more than keen for him to stay with us, it's just finalising things.

His introduction today made us a lot better in attack. Halifax gave him so much room.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, January 3, 2022, 11:46pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

Swap him for that striker dude
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, January 4, 2022, 10:33am; Reply: 59
You can keep Rose then, if that means we keep Charman.

No swapsies allowed.

But in seriousness, Rose has been absolutely bang on for us. Different class, so relaxed and calm on the ball. Dictates the play so easily.
Posted by: sam gy, January 4, 2022, 11:04am; Reply: 60
Quoted from Mariner16
Hunt looks like he's staying as Darren Moore is quoted on today saying he's more than keen for him to stay with us, it's just finalising things.

His introduction today made us a lot better in attack. Halifax gave him so much room.

They did, but that’s because for the most part they were sat back trying to defend their lead.

Not taking anything away from his performance mind, I thought he was great
Posted by: acko338, January 4, 2022, 12:44pm; Reply: 61
If players are released early, are we saving on NI and pension / any insurance policy payments to the end of each contract?
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, January 15, 2022, 10:07am; Reply: 62
We’re keeping Rose till end of the season.

Thank you, much appreciated. Will do us the world of good pushing for the play-offs.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 15, 2022, 10:21am; Reply: 63
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

Thank you, much appreciated. Will do us the world of good pushing for the play-offs.

please take him for ever
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 15, 2022, 10:25am; Reply: 64
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

I think it should be us thanking you!
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, January 15, 2022, 10:54am; Reply: 65
Happily take him on a permanent deal, he’s been an absolute revelation for us.
Class above our level.
Posted by: Maringer, January 15, 2022, 11:45am; Reply: 66
He certainly created lots of goalscoring chances in his games last season. Unfortunately, they were all for the opposition.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 6:53am