HertsGTFC
December 10, 2021, 6:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from diehardmariner

At what point do you cut your losses though?

We can keep using money, time and resource on these players but I can't imagine we're ever going to get any closer to seeing them in action, definitely not for a sustained period anyway.  

On their day, all 3 would be an asset to the club.  Dare I say any club at this level.  But their day never comes because of constant injuries.

End of the season, if the lads have been working hard to come back they deserve a go.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 66
jamesgtfc
December 10, 2021, 7:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from rancido

But paying them off means less from the budget to bring somebody in.

Paying them at the end of every month without any chance of them gracing the hallowed turf also means less from the budget to bring somebody in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 66
AndyDarloFC
December 15, 2021, 6:45am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Season long loan then until his deal is up with us picking up a good portion of his wage seems reasonable. He was a good player when he's played against us. Really haven't seen enough of him but he's knocking on now.

Would be more than happy with that, didn’t play the last game and doubtful he will be playing the next one.

He’s got Covid apparently.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 42 - 66
Son of Cod
December 15, 2021, 9:23am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from male private Nale
People saying the likes of Pearson and long king are gonna be moved on are living in cloud cuckoo land... they both have 18 months on their contracts.

Serious questions would have to be asked at the club if we are shipping out contracted players a quarter of the way into the deals.

Revan and bapaga should go back

Sears and 2 least likely to make any contribution out of grant, max wright and scannell should all be paid off.

Why would we get rid of Sears?! Madness.

Quoted from HertsGTFC

End of the season, if the lads have been working hard to come back they deserve a go.

By which point we might have missed out on a playoff spot. There's absolutely no denying that we'd have taken more points in this dreadful run if we had three additional fully fit first team wingers. Get rid of two of them, cut our losses and bring in replacements now so that we've got less work to do in the summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 66
pontoonlew
December 15, 2021, 9:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
The amount of people on here saying Bapaga to go back is absolutely astonishing.

For me, he was a key part in our great form after a shaky start (covid related) he was absolutely outstanding at Altrincham but after his sending off Hurst has just dropped him for no reason.

Worth noting we’ve not won a single penalty since he left the team (and only one game).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 66
Poojah
December 15, 2021, 9:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,515
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from pontoonlew
The amount of people on here saying Bapaga to go back is absolutely astonishing.

For me, he was a key part in our great form after a shaky start (covid related) he was absolutely outstanding at Altrincham but after his sending off Hurst has just dropped him for no reason.

Worth noting we’ve not won a single penalty since he left the team (and only one game).

Agree with that. I find his recent absence and the willingness to get shot of him quite bizarre.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 66
Son of Cod
December 15, 2021, 9:57am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from pontoonlew

He's not as swashbuckling or entertaining as Sousa, I think that's perhaps what is going on here. He is however less frustrating and not as wasteful in dangerous areas. Above all though, he's on a season long loan so I'd be surprised to see him get sent back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 66
Hagrid
December 15, 2021, 9:57am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,393
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from pontoonlew

agreed, Altrincham was the best i've seen us. and he should never have been sent off

yeah we all know the rumours but he's an 18 year old kid
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 66
pontoonlew
December 15, 2021, 10:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Hagrid

agreed, Altrincham was the best i've seen us. and he should never have been sent off

yeah we all know the rumours but he's an 18 year old kid

I must’ve missed the rumours?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 66
jamesgtfc
December 15, 2021, 10:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from pontoonlew

I must’ve missed the rumours?

He's probably one of the other 23 players that squeezed into Ryan Sears Audi A1 for the Guinness World Record attempt on Kings Road.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who's out in January

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.