jimgtfc
December 9, 2021, 10:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,010
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Imagine Max Wright with the natural fitness of Clifton?

Also, what's happened to Louis Boyd? He broke a club record and then seems to have disappeared, never to be seen again.

He’s playing for the youth team, only just turned 17 and has had an injury I’m lead to believe.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 66
HertsGTFC
December 10, 2021, 2:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
I suspect Reevan and Bapaga will go back nothing to do with them as they’re in development more to do with if we can’t offer them games it’s not fair on the lads.

With Towler and Hunt it will depend on how much cover their clubs have I’m no expert but I would suspect the people looking after them would deem them not quite ready for Championship and League 1 week in week out football, personally I hope they both stay until the end of the season.

Then you’d have to say Rose would be loaned to Darlington if not given to them and a couple of youngsters loaned out to get experience.

Lots of talk about Grant, Scannell and Wright but personally I’d keep all 3 especially considering the work that’s been put in to get them fit.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 66
diehardmariner
December 10, 2021, 3:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,091
Gold Stars: 520
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Lots of talk about Grant, Scannell and Wright but personally I’d keep all 3 especially considering the work that’s been put in to get them fit.  

At what point do you cut your losses though?

We can keep using money, time and resource on these players but I can't imagine we're ever going to get any closer to seeing them in action, definitely not for a sustained period anyway.  

On their day, all 3 would be an asset to the club.  Dare I say any club at this level.  But their day never comes because of constant injuries.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 66
Swansea_Mariner
December 10, 2021, 3:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
Don't really understand the Grant situation, he's been back in training for a few weeks now but doesn't seem to be considered 'first team' ready. Couldn't we have arranged a month long loan for him at any level down the pyramid to get him some game time?  He'd of played a few matches and then come back  ready for consideration, but here we are weeks later and he's no closer to involvement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 66
sonofmadeleymariner
December 10, 2021, 5:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from pen penfras

Go where?

Contracts cancelled if no one wants to take a punt on them

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 66
pen penfras
December 10, 2021, 5:21pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -141
Gold Stars: 71

Contracts cancelled if no one wants to take a punt on them

But that doesn't really save us money. We'd have to pay them off and still pay for a replacement. They'll only go for less if they have somewhere lined up, which seems unlikely given their fitness
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 66
Northbank Mariner
December 10, 2021, 5:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,389
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from pen penfras

But that doesn't really save us money. We'd have to pay them off and still pay for a replacement. They'll only go for less if they have somewhere lined up, which seems unlikely given their fitness

I'd rather it cost us more money if meant having players who were available week in, week out for selection.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 66
jamesgtfc
December 10, 2021, 5:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Ruthless I know but keeping them also costs time that could be spent with people who might actually get on the pitch for a handful of games this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 66
rancido
December 10, 2021, 6:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 92
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Ruthless I know but keeping them also costs time that could be spent with people who might actually get on the pitch for a handful of games this season.

But paying them off means less from the budget to bring somebody in.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 66
Northbank Mariner
December 10, 2021, 6:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,389
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from rancido

But paying them off means less from the budget to bring somebody in.

We've been told money's there, if it means increasing the budget to get rid of the deadwood and bring in players who we get more than 30 minutes out of every 10 games , then so be it...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Who's out in January

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.