Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Solihull (A) Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 86 Guests

Solihull (A) Match Thread

This thread currently has 32,080 views. Print
34 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
November 23, 2021, 10:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

We don’t need prominent CEO’s all over Twitter hogging the limelight. Your CEO should sit quietly and efficiently in the background, doing executive work.

The PR department is more than capable of communicating with the public, and getting out there what’s needed. Which is essentially any important info regarding developments, plus football stuff that we want to read.

I’m not fooled one iota by all of this look at me CEO stuff. It’s narcissistic and isn’t required. Just get on with doing your CEO work.

I’ll ask you a question. If the poor run of form continues and the shine of the takeover and early season promise diminishes, then how do you think the fan base is going to respond to all the glitz and glamour look at me Tweeting then?

We are a blooming football club, not a social network love-in

FFS!

How has the last 10 years been living under your rock? Since you've been there that social media thing has become quite influential................... Unless of course you do your "PR on the pitch".

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 280 - 335
Northbank Mariner
November 23, 2021, 10:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,528
Gold Stars: 172

Can spend all you like, it doesn’t guarantee success.

During our time in recent years in L2 and NL, we have always had highly competitive budgets, but that hasn’t been the be all and end all.

Have a look at the teams that do succeed that don’t have the biggest budgets over those years.

Spend spend spend all you like. Money alone does not guarantee success

What you really need is a wonderful photogenic CEO that’s awesome in front of camera and is all over Twitter everyday. That’s what brings you success. Just you wait snd see.

You are a disrespectful despot!..Debbie Cook does not deserve your deriding comments, you utter moron.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 281 - 335
HertsGTFC
November 23, 2021, 10:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I know that but it’s still a fact that needed pointing out in the context of the previous point.

Fair point actually  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 282 - 335
petethemariner
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
True Town fans are hurting at the moment, the fantastic signs of hope are waning at present  but  I cannot help but feel that Phillipe Noche is quite enjoying our current demise, smug comments made tonight just prove what a Fenty apologist he always was and probably continues to be.
I know it's a public forum, but do us all a favour and don't post if you don't really care about the club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 283 - 335
jamesgtfc
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,027
Gold Stars: 190

We don’t need prominent CEO’s all over Twitter hogging the limelight. Your CEO should sit quietly and efficiently in the background, doing executive work.

The PR department is more than capable of communicating with the public, and getting out there what’s needed. Which is essentially any important info regarding developments, plus football stuff that we want to read.

I’m not fooled one iota by all of this look at me CEO stuff. It’s narcissistic and isn’t required. Just get on with doing your CEO work.

I’ll ask you a question. If the poor run of form continues and the shine of the takeover and early season promise diminishes, then how do you think the fan base is going to respond to all the glitz and glamour look at me Tweeting then?

A chairman or principle funder as he became known should sit quietly and efficiently in the background too then rather than posting red wine fuelled statements, telling fans a former manager was a fruit loop, rounding up on a journalist at a fans forum and inviting his criminal friends to invest money in the club.

Whilst we are talking about managers of an organisation, stadium managers shouldn't treat fans like scum either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 284 - 335
promotion plaice

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,084
Gold Stars: 200

Gutted tonight but if it is was a choice of having JF back or relegation to the National League North I think I would take the latter.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 285 - 335
jamesgtfc
November 23, 2021, 10:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,027
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from HertsGTFC

FFS!

How has the last 10 years been living under your rock? Since you've been there that social media thing has become quite influential................... Unless of course you do your "PR on the pitch".

Social media represents just a small minority of fans remember. This is evidenced by the 500 fans who tuned in to listen to the game tonight on social media because of technical difficulties by the BBC.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 286 - 335
Fillipe Noche
November 23, 2021, 10:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from promotion plaice

Gutted tonight but if it is was a choice of Having JF back or relegation to the National League North I think I would take the latter.

Wow

There you have it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 287 - 335
HerveJosse
November 23, 2021, 10:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,205
Gold Stars: 144

Surely your axe has been ground down to the handle by know,!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 288 - 335
MuddyWaters
November 23, 2021, 10:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from promotion plaice

Gutted tonight but if it is was a choice of Having JF back or relegation to the National League North I think I would take the latter.

Seriously? Don’t you think we’ve gone low enough already?
Private Message
Reply: 289 - 335
34 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Solihull (A) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.