Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Solihull (A) Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 108 Guests

Solihull (A) Match Thread

This thread currently has 31,992 views. Print
34 Pages Prev ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
November 23, 2021, 10:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,926
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Wow

There you have it

There you have what ??
What you have is a club which was dying in front of us now being slowly brought back to life , but because of the state it was in it’s clearly going to take longer than I personally thought on the pitch that is
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 290 - 335
HertsGTFC
November 23, 2021, 10:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Social media represents just a small minority of fans remember. This is evidenced by the 500 fans who tuned in to listen to the game tonight on social media because of technical difficulties by the BBC.

I'm sure it probably does but 500 is about 17% of our season ticket holder number so maybe not as miniscule as you think. Also it's how many exiles keep in touch with what's going on so it is a useful channel to promote the club despite what people think.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 291 - 335
Hagrid
November 23, 2021, 10:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,373
Gold Stars: 532
Filipe is right in one sense. I’d have never have purchased a ST if JF was still in charge this season.

But i go to the games for 3 points. And fresh scotch eggs and community projects are all well and good, but they wont keep bums on seats
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 292 - 335
DB
November 23, 2021, 10:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,996
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Social media represents just a small minority of fans remember. This is evidenced by the 500 fans who tuned in to listen to the game tonight on social media because of technical difficulties by the BBC.

You also forgot to mention the fans who listen on the radio. 500 fans on social media who spend £30/50 or more with the club suddenly bring in an income of £25k or more. Not to be sniffed at in this day and age shouldn't be belittled.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 293 - 335
Fillipe Noche
November 23, 2021, 10:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I'm sure it probably does but 500 is about 17% of our season ticket holder number so maybe not as miniscule as you think. Also it's how many exiles keep in touch with what's going on so it is a useful channel to promote the club despite what people think.    

Not to mention of course over 50,000 followers on the club social network site, when she asks her PR department to do another DC article or retweet her.

I don’t want social network success, I want a steady football club success thank you.

If I’m going read something on there, I want read stuff from the players, the manager etc. not all the better together rubbish.

Towns always been together. Have they actually seen our away support over the years. Have they seen how many people we’ve regularly taken to Wembley

We are together already when things are going well on the pitch. And when they aren’t, the most loyal of us stay together through thick and thin.

Football reporting and football stuff please. Not well dressed CEO stuff. We are a football club for gods sake
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 294 - 335
Fillipe Noche
November 23, 2021, 10:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid
Filipe is right in one sense. I’d have never have purchased a ST if JF was still in charge this season.

But i go to the games for 3 points. And fresh scotch eggs and community projects are all well and good, but they wont keep bums on seats

Exactly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 295 - 335
Davec
November 23, 2021, 10:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Paul Hurst said he feels we did enough to win tonight
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 296 - 335
Fillipe Noche
November 23, 2021, 10:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Davec
Paul Hurst said he feels we did enough to win tonight

Well then he’s probably right. But we didn’t win did we

End of story. Move on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 297 - 335
dapperz fun pub
November 23, 2021, 10:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,926
Gold Stars: 82

Not to mention of course over 50,000 followers on the club social network site, when she asks her PR department to do another DC article or retweet her.

I don’t want social network success, I want a steady football club success thank you.

If I’m going read something on there, I want read stuff from the players, the manager etc. not all the better together rubbish.

Towns always been together. Have they actually seen our away support over the years. Have they seen how many people we’ve regularly taken to Wembley

We are together already when things are going well on the pitch. And when they aren’t, the most loyal of us stay together through thick and thin.

Football reporting and football stuff please. Not well dressed CEO stuff. We are a football club for gods sake

She’s managed to get 6k crowds in regularly in the space of a few weeks your boss/ mate/ brother never manage that in nearly 2decades. You clearly don’t like her for some reason
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 298 - 335
SouthLakesMariner
November 23, 2021, 10:47pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +934
Gold Stars: 21

We don’t need prominent CEO’s all over Twitter hogging the limelight. Your CEO should sit quietly and efficiently in the background, doing executive work.

The PR department is more than capable of communicating with the public, and getting out there what’s needed. Which is essentially any important info regarding developments, plus football stuff that we want to read.

I’m not fooled one iota by all of this look at me CEO stuff. It’s narcissistic and isn’t required. Just get on with doing your CEO work.

I’ll ask you a question. If the poor run of form continues and the shine of the takeover and early season promise diminishes, then how do you think the fan base is going to respond to all the glitz and glamour look at me Tweeting then?

We are a blooming football club, not a social network love-in

I’m sure you have strong feelings and feel very passionately about the points you make. However, your timing stinks. If you believe you possess any of the qualities you refer to in your first paragraph, you wouldn’t chose a moment like tonight to make them.

You do yourself no favours by seemingly taking satisfaction from a bad night on the field to rubbish the positive changes that the club is undertaking. You simply come across as a bitter individual, with poor judgement.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 299 - 335
34 Pages Prev ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Solihull (A) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.