KingstonMariner
November 24, 2021, 12:13am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

So it’s time to start looking at the new owners is it?

I wondered how long that would take.

Hey come on everyone stop panicking. We’ve got a great new civic pride, our community is now really engaged, the scotch eggs are amazing, our Chairman writes in the Guardian, and a new CEO who loves the limelight and is really photogenic.

With all of that, the football is secondary and we should be counting ourselves lucky

Wondered which pile of manure you’ve been hiding under. The air’s been fresher since you’ve been away.

You can go forth and multiply again.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 320 - 335
KingstonMariner
November 24, 2021, 12:18am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I’m far from a Fenty apologist but that’s not strictly true. JS even said that there was money left in the bank by the previous owners.

Not the same thing at all OC.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 321 - 335
louth_in_the_south
November 24, 2021, 12:22am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
We’re still 3rd and 4 points off top . Ball cleared off the line at 1-0 . Would’ve been a decent point away from home against a good team regardless of the size of opposition in our eyes .
We’re going through a sticky patch but have got the players to stay in the top seven , the budget to add to the squad in January so it’s really not looking as bad as it’s being made out isn’t it ?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 322 - 335
KingstonMariner
November 24, 2021, 12:26am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

No Hagrid, I’ve never actually met the woman. But it strikes me that she’s breezed in here all celebrity like, and it seems to me that she’s loving every minute of that far too much.

We don’t need people like that on board. We know what happened last time we had a ten bob celeb in the club. It was all me me me.

I’ve got no problem with Jason and Andrew being the focus quite often. After all, they’ve put their money where their mouths are and have brought something to the table. And so they should be featured, and let’s face it, publicly accountable.

Thankfully Fenty has gone.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 323 - 335
KingstonMariner
November 24, 2021, 12:27am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from DB

Your not suggesting this was your friend John Fenty?

Ah you beat me to it! 😆

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 324 - 335
denni266
November 24, 2021, 7:19am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Well then if you’re talking about the good side this season, that should be to Hurst’s credit!

And you don’t remember rightly either. Only a couple of people said if we’re not challenging for promotion by Christmas Hurdt should go. One of them was probably you.

Tbh i have been in the camp that gave him a chance even tho i did not believe it was good for him to come back here..  I dont know whats wrong but the buck stops with him . and there was more than a few that . he has done nothing  .Whats his win rate  ?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 325 - 335
Ipswin
November 24, 2021, 9:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Davec
Paul Hurst said he feels we did enough to win tonight

flipping deluded idiot, if anyone needs proof he is not the man for the job and should never have been re-appointed that comment says it all

Time Stockwoods and Pettits started concentrating on football matters instead of fannying about trying to impress and folk feel good off the pitch.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 326 - 335
Ipswin
November 24, 2021, 9:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

She’s managed to get 6k crowds in regularly in the space of a few weeks your boss/ mate/ brother never manage that in nearly 2decades. You clearly don’t like her for some reason

How long do you think that is going to last ? Anyway I suggest the early season form might have had something to do with that rather than the better catering, glass screen on the Youngs Upper and the nicey nicey approach of the new (not really football people) owners
A fan zone is not going to pack 'em in in January and February if the team is mid table

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 327 - 335
Rodley Mariner
November 24, 2021, 9:42am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Easy not to care about the experience of fans attending games when you never flipping go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 328 - 335
ginnywings
November 24, 2021, 10:13am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,109
Gold Stars: 548
Old Noche certainly knows how and when to poke the hornets nest. I suggest everyone ignores the relic.

We've lost some footy matches; it happens.

Short term blip in a long term re-build, or more serious signs of getting it wrong? The answer to that will become apparent over the next couple of months.

For me, the object this season was top 7, hopefully top 3 and winning the league was a long shot. We are still in the mix and PH has to find a way to win matches again. If he doesn't or can't, then have an inquest, but I suspect it will be a bumpy ride until January.

It's quite feasible we won't see another win for a while judging by current form and the standard of the upcoming opposition. Or we may just be surprised- that's the beauty of football.

There's always the next game.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 329 - 335
34 Pages Prev ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Solihull (A) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.