Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Aldershot match thread
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 214 Guests

Aldershot match thread

This thread currently has 33,374 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
November 13, 2021, 5:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Teestogreen
Dean Smith was relieved of his duties for 5 consecutive defeats (even though they had a few players injured).
Paul Hurst has suddenly 4 consecutive defeats behind him - most against much lower ranked teams than Grimsby.
This will test the owners of the club - as Town do seem to be in a downward trajectory as a collective - all of a sudden. Wouldn’t fancy playing Wrexham, Chesterfield, Borehamwood next week with confidence / ability so bad it seems.

Explain how this will “test the owners”?

I feel it’s the players who are being tested, some will come though some will be replaced when the best 11 is available or in January

The problem we have is that we only have a best 11 anyone after that doesn’t appear to be up to it for whatever reason.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 230 - 258
Croxton
November 13, 2021, 5:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Time to question every aspect of preparation for recent games. Something has gone wrong since the bus arrived at Wealdstone. Is it the training regime, selection, fitness management, tactics or poor substitutions? If Clifton can continue to battle why not others?

Martin Gritton and other co commentators can see our failings from early on in games but PH seems slow to change during the game. We are failing at the basics and lack 'game intelligence'

I've missed the last four games due to Covid but hope to see a return to high standards both on and off the pitch on Friday.

First step. Stop all player interviews and Inside Training vids. Instead, ask Liam to interview all coaches and fitness staff for their honest thoughts about how match/ squad preparation can be improved. All 'in house' and deleted when Hurst and Doig have seen them. It's gone quiet on the pitch and it's time for a candid exchange of views at the training ground.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 231 - 258
hampshiremariner
November 13, 2021, 5:38pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,056
Gold Stars: 35
Should have known better than thinking we were doing well. I have never known a club which seems to fall flat on its face all the time. Any good performances/results are an illusion to tempt us into thinking we can rely on the same to continue. We can't!
I can recall some other abysmal performances at Aldershot when both clubs were in the FL but this one tops them all.
Everyone has known the obvious since the summer. WE NEED A STRIKER. We are not going to win anything unless we score some goals. The management needs to tell us why the club has failed to sign someone. Honesty is needed. No good saying the right options are not available etc. There must be options out there that are better than what we have at the moment. Getting out of this league quickly has to be a priority or are we like Norwich? That is not going to bankrupt the club chasing success. Tell us please. I ran out of emotional energy last season in supporting a team that tested the patience of a saint. Another season like the last supporting this yo-yo of a club will kill me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 232 - 258
Northbank Mariner
November 13, 2021, 5:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Funny isn't it, since the rumour that Hurst had out his name in the hat for the Stockport job(admittedly that rumour came from here) our firm has been woeful..makes you wonder if there was some truth in that and certain players heard a whisper...there's certainly something wrong in the camp right now, our players performance level has dropped and to me, that's the biggest worry
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 233 - 258
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
November 13, 2021, 5:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,694
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Explain how this will “test the owners”?

I feel it’s the players who are being tested, some will come though some will be replaced when the best 11 is available or in January

The problem we have is that we only have a best 11 anyone after that doesn’t appear to be up to it for whatever reason.

Our best 11 had bapaga in it though, since hes been back why havnt we just been playing the line up we were back at altrincham but with john lewis in place of mcatee

The khouri thing seems like absolute madness now, the whole plan today was
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 234 - 258
friskneymariner
November 13, 2021, 5:42pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
The wheels have come off in an extremely alarming way

Need two players in similiar to when we brought in neilson and hannah that season

Seems everybody in the world can see this except for Hurst.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 235 - 258
Heswall Mariner
November 13, 2021, 5:42pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +590
Gold Stars: 30
This is very poor & there is so much to say, but I am loathe to jump on he band wagon - just yet.
Still, an unbelievable drop in results since McAtee's injury.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 236 - 258
Maringer
November 13, 2021, 5:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
I suppose that the fact we've got so many young players in may have an effect. It's understandable that young players with few first team appearances under their belt can blow hot and cold and relying on a few of them to perform well is a bit of a risk. Hunt has dropped right off after starting so well, Bapaga had a slow start, came good but then dropped right off again and it sounds as though Towler struggled today. Revan has made a handful of appearances for us and that's pretty much all his first team experience. Khouri likewise. Sousa is a bit older but it's his first proper professional contract, I believe? He looked almost unplayable at times earlier in the season as well.

I'm guessing that not too many of the other clubs near the top are reliant on so many youngsters coming good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 237 - 258
Humbercod
November 13, 2021, 6:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
“Clearly a little blip” says John Lewis…. That’s ok then I was getting worried for a minute.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 238 - 258
Madeleymariner
November 13, 2021, 6:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,052
Gold Stars: 49
Loved Hurst interview. what went wrong      "we weren't winning headers "   so what did he do to sort it?  nothing continued for another 45 mins not winning headers
He could see it, commentaters could see it, crowd could see it but he still did Flub all about it at half time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 239 - 258
26 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Aldershot match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.