Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Montel Gibson.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 312 Guests

Montel Gibson.

This thread currently has 4,430 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
November 9, 2021, 9:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Poojah
To mark this somber moment, here are my five favourite Montel Gibson FACTS:

1. Despite the name, Montel Gibson is NOT related to American talk show host Montel Williams.

2. The un-relations don’t end there - he is believed to share less than 60% of his DNA with ANY citrus fruit.

3. Despite this, his name is SPOOKILY an anagram of ‘big lemon snot’. Strange but true.

4. Unlike the late, great Vedat Dalokay, Montel Gibson has NEVER been a revered Turkish architect. This includes his time at Bedworth United in the 18/19 season.

5. Finally, Montel Gibson famously played no role whatsoever in the production of 1990 Hollywood blockbuster Edward Scissorhands (which grossed $86m at the box office). Reasons for this are understood to include that Montel is not qualified in any field of cinematography, and that he would not be born for another 7 years.

Not his fault he was offered a contract way beyond his capability or worth, who would turn down an offer like that? Don't think there is any particular reason he should be persecuted or mocked for that.

He wasn't really good enough but someone decided to spunk a 3yr deal on him......I don't really hold any grudges against him for that........well maybe a small one for the Covid breaking and gender party but otherwise its just another chapter closing in the sad tale of Holloway/JSF

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 23
ex-merseymariner
November 9, 2021, 9:38pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9

Oi Poojah, this is how we do it.....u missed Crofty calling him 'Montel Jordan' on radio humberside commentary.

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 23
Swansea_Mariner
November 9, 2021, 9:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
I'd agree with that Moosey, no need to take the urine, it's not like he forced the club to sign him.

I think he said he was laying railway sleepers or something like that when Holloway took a punt on him, just a hard working average joe who seized on a chance that was presented to him.

Looked to have a bit of ability, but was thrown straight into it because everyone else was shite/injured, even though Holloway said he was to be a long term project.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 23
Poojah
November 9, 2021, 9:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,485
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from moosey_club

Not his fault he was offered a contract way beyond his capability or worth, who would turn down an offer like that? Don't think there is any particular reason he should be persecuted or mocked for that.

He wasn't really good enough but someone decided to spunk a 3yr deal on him......I don't really hold any grudges against him for that........well maybe a small one for the Covid breaking and gender party but otherwise its just another chapter closing in the sad tale of Holloway/JSF

I wasn’t really taking the pìss out of the lad, just bored whilst trying to get my bloody kids to bed. My overriding sentiment towards Montel Gibson is indifference. Nothing more, nothing less.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 23
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
November 10, 2021, 12:44am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +839
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Hagrid
Good. Go. Id have sympathy with him being shite if he hadnt thrown a flipping gender reveal party.

Another wonderful piece of transfer market magic by The Southern one

Is that the same as the Brizzle Bullshitter?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 23
Harry Haddock
November 10, 2021, 2:43am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Hagrid
Good. Go. Id have sympathy with him being shite if he hadnt thrown a flipping gender reveal party.

Another wonderful piece of transfer market magic by The Southern one

I got arrested last time I tried that !  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 23
Mallyner
November 10, 2021, 9:24am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from NorthLondonMariner

If that website (the name of it escapes me) that lists players' wages is to be believed, then he was on £700 a week.  Yep might be balderdash, but also he was singed by a mad man on a 3-year deal, so could well be true. If so then that's a big wage for such a shite player that's now off the payroll.

I have heard of the hair dryer treatment, but being singed is surely a criminal offence.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 23
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 10, 2021, 10:24am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,270
Gold Stars: 304
Quoted from moosey_club

Going to have a sleepless night over the mental image of Hollowhead spunking on Montel Gibson. Thanks very much......

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 23
Abdul19
November 10, 2021, 11:11am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
Imagine not signing Charles Vernam on a 1 year deal, but signing Montel Gibson on a 3. I mean, just imagine!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 23
Son of Cod
November 10, 2021, 11:30am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Abdul19
Imagine not signing Charles Vernam on a 1 year deal, but signing Montel Gibson on a 3. I mean, just imagine!

Imagine not signing Vernam on a 1 year deal, but signing Montel Gibson on a 3 year deal as well as Ira Jackson Jr on a 2 year deal and Alhagi Touray Sisay on a 1 year deal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Montel Gibson.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.