Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: friskneymariner, November 9, 2021, 7:49pm
Left the club by mutual consent,making way for another forward?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 9, 2021, 7:55pm; Reply: 1
Another Hollowords folly departs the building.
Posted by: Davec, November 9, 2021, 8:00pm; Reply: 2
I can't see how Gibson would need to depart in order for us to sign another striker? He wasn't given a squad number and was dispatched out on loan so it's unlike he was in the first team squad this season
Posted by: Hagrid, November 9, 2021, 8:01pm; Reply: 3
Good. Go. Id have sympathy with him being shite if he hadnt thrown a flipping gender reveal party.

Another wonderful piece of transfer market magic by The Southern one
Posted by: NorthLondonMariner, November 9, 2021, 8:22pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Davec
I can't see how Gibson would need to depart in order for us to sign another striker? He wasn't given a squad number and was dispatched out on loan so it's unlike he was in the first team squad this season

If that website (the name of it escapes me) that lists players' wages is to be believed, then he was on £700 a week.  Yep might be balderdash, but also he was singed by a mad man on a 3-year deal, so could well be true. If so then that's a big wage for such a shite player that's now off the payroll.
Posted by: Kris2, November 9, 2021, 8:27pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from NorthLondonMariner

If that website (the name of it escapes me) that lists players' wages is to be believed, then he was on £700 a week.  Yep might be balderdash, but also he was singed by a mad man on a 3-year deal, so could well be true. If so then that's a big wage for such a shite player that's now off the payroll.

I'm sure that website gets their information from FM games and assumes it's accurate. A 3 year deal was way too much, a year contract to see if he comes good would have made sense but he was asking for all sorts of commitments like moving to the area within 6 months because that's apparently what the fans want so everyone probably asked for longer deals. Scored a few more goals on loan in October so maybe he did enough for them to take him off our hands. I don't think Montel Gibson being on the books has any real bearing on if we sign a new striker.
Posted by: NorthLondonMariner, November 9, 2021, 8:33pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Kris2

I'm sure that website gets their information from FM games and assumes it's accurate. A 3 year deal was way too much, a year contract to see if he comes good would have made sense but he was asking for all sorts of commitments like moving to the area within 6 months because that's apparently what the fans want so everyone probably asked for longer deals. Scored a few more goals on loan in October so maybe he did enough for them to take him off our hands. I don't think Montel Gibson being on the books has any real bearing on if we sign a new striker.

Don't get me wrong, I agree. It just adds a few more £££s to the coffers and a deadweight off our shoulders.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, November 9, 2021, 8:33pm; Reply: 7
I was dreading him returning in January and being around for another 18 months like a bad smell. Just Rose and Morais to move on now.
Posted by: blundellpork, November 9, 2021, 8:40pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I was dreading him returning in January and being around for another 18 months like a bad smell. Just Rose and Morais to move on now.

Can’t see Morais leaving. He was without a club before we offered him 18 months, and you’d expect him to cling to what is likely to be his final professional contract.

Better chance with Rose, but will definitely be at a lower level.
Posted by: Poojah, November 9, 2021, 9:01pm; Reply: 9
To mark this somber moment, here are my five favourite Montel Gibson FACTS:

1. Despite the name, Montel Gibson is NOT related to American talk show host Montel Williams.

2. The un-relations don’t end there - he is believed to share less than 60% of his DNA with ANY citrus fruit.

3. Despite this, his name is SPOOKILY an anagram of ‘big lemon snot’. Strange but true.

4. Unlike the late, great Vedat Dalokay, Montel Gibson has NEVER been a revered Turkish architect. This includes his time at Bedworth United in the 18/19 season.

5. Finally, Montel Gibson famously played no role whatsoever in the production of 1990 Hollywood blockbuster Edward Scissorhands (which grossed $86m at the box office). Reasons for this are understood to include that Montel is not qualified in any field of cinematography, and that he would not be born for another 7 years.
Posted by: moosey_club, November 9, 2021, 9:32pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Poojah
To mark this somber moment, here are my five favourite Montel Gibson FACTS:

1. Despite the name, Montel Gibson is NOT related to American talk show host Montel Williams.

2. The un-relations don’t end there - he is believed to share less than 60% of his DNA with ANY citrus fruit.

3. Despite this, his name is SPOOKILY an anagram of ‘big lemon snot’. Strange but true.

4. Unlike the late, great Vedat Dalokay, Montel Gibson has NEVER been a revered Turkish architect. This includes his time at Bedworth United in the 18/19 season.

5. Finally, Montel Gibson famously played no role whatsoever in the production of 1990 Hollywood blockbuster Edward Scissorhands (which grossed $86m at the box office). Reasons for this are understood to include that Montel is not qualified in any field of cinematography, and that he would not be born for another 7 years.

Not his fault he was offered a contract way beyond his capability or worth, who would turn down an offer like that? Don't think there is any particular reason he should be persecuted or mocked for that.

He wasn't really good enough but someone decided to spunk a 3yr deal on him......I don't really hold any grudges against him for that........well maybe a small one for the Covid breaking and gender party but otherwise its just another chapter closing in the sad tale of Holloway/JSF
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, November 9, 2021, 9:38pm; Reply: 11

Oi Poojah, this is how we do it.....u missed Crofty calling him 'Montel Jordan' on radio humberside commentary.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, November 9, 2021, 9:39pm; Reply: 12
I'd agree with that Moosey, no need to take the urine, it's not like he forced the club to sign him.

I think he said he was laying railway sleepers or something like that when Holloway took a punt on him, just a hard working average joe who seized on a chance that was presented to him.

Looked to have a bit of ability, but was thrown straight into it because everyone else was shite/injured, even though Holloway said he was to be a long term project.
Posted by: Poojah, November 9, 2021, 9:42pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from moosey_club

Not his fault he was offered a contract way beyond his capability or worth, who would turn down an offer like that? Don't think there is any particular reason he should be persecuted or mocked for that.

He wasn't really good enough but someone decided to spunk a 3yr deal on him......I don't really hold any grudges against him for that........well maybe a small one for the Covid breaking and gender party but otherwise its just another chapter closing in the sad tale of Holloway/JSF

I wasn’t really taking the pìss out of the lad, just bored whilst trying to get my bloody kids to bed. My overriding sentiment towards Montel Gibson is indifference. Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, November 10, 2021, 12:44am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Hagrid
Good. Go. Id have sympathy with him being shite if he hadnt thrown a flipping gender reveal party.

Is that the same as the Brizzle Bullshitter?
Posted by: Harry Haddock, November 10, 2021, 2:43am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Hagrid

I got arrested last time I tried that !  :-/
Posted by: Mallyner, November 10, 2021, 9:24am; Reply: 16
Quoted from NorthLondonMariner

I have heard of the hair dryer treatment, but being singed is surely a criminal offence.  ;)

Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, November 10, 2021, 10:24am; Reply: 17
Quoted from moosey_club

Going to have a sleepless night over the mental image of Hollowhead spunking on Montel Gibson. Thanks very much......
Posted by: Abdul19, November 10, 2021, 11:11am; Reply: 18
Imagine not signing Charles Vernam on a 1 year deal, but signing Montel Gibson on a 3. I mean, just imagine!
Posted by: Son of Cod, November 10, 2021, 11:30am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Abdul19
Imagine not signing Charles Vernam on a 1 year deal, but signing Montel Gibson on a 3. I mean, just imagine!

Imagine not signing Vernam on a 1 year deal, but signing Montel Gibson on a 3 year deal as well as Ira Jackson Jr on a 2 year deal and Alhagi Touray Sisay on a 1 year deal.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, November 10, 2021, 11:40am; Reply: 20
Quoted from Abdul19

Nobody would be that stupid........
Posted by: Poojah, November 10, 2021, 12:14pm; Reply: 21

Nobody would be that stupid........

[img]https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/05/21/article-1185509-066EB2540000044D-128_468x312.jpg[/img]
Posted by: pontoonlew, November 10, 2021, 12:51pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Son of Cod

Imagine not signing Vernam on a 1 year deal, but signing Montel Gibson on a 3 year deal as well as Ira Jackson Jr on a 2 year deal and Alhagi Touray Sisay on a 1 year deal.

Imagine having a large proportion of your fan base actually supporting it at the time
Posted by: diehardmariner, November 10, 2021, 2:16pm; Reply: 23
Not sure we'll see a massive financial benefit to this.  Can take it with a pinch of salt I guess but Holloway said we what we paid in wages for Gibson, Jackson Jnr and Sissay was the same as Akheem Rose and Harry Cardwell.  Both of whom I'm sure were on relatively low wages.

But it's another body less to worry about.  Especially one that's basically just getting the way.  It must be a bit of a pain in the bottom for the coaching staff to wonder what they're going to do with Gibson on a day-to-day basis.  A lad who is never going to be involved in the first team so you don't want him doing any tactical work, you also don't want to spend any time, effort or energy on developing his individual game but he's still there.  Just hanging about, getting in the way and understandably getting frustrated and potentially impacting on the mood around the place.

That all said, even if it's £200 a week we're saving and we can save another £300 a week from Rose...that might all contribute towards 25% of the wages that Hull, Doncaster, Sheffield United...want for their Under 23 striker.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 1:20pm