Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Montel Gibson.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 194 Guests

Montel Gibson.

This thread currently has 4,422 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 10, 2021, 11:40am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,192
Gold Stars: 291
Quoted from Abdul19
Imagine not signing Charles Vernam on a 1 year deal, but signing Montel Gibson on a 3. I mean, just imagine!

Nobody would be that stupid........

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 23
Poojah
November 10, 2021, 12:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,425
Gold Stars: 1,499

Nobody would be that stupid........

[img]https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/05/21/article-1185509-066EB2540000044D-128_468x312.jpg[/img]

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 23
pontoonlew
November 10, 2021, 12:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,840
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from Son of Cod

Imagine not signing Vernam on a 1 year deal, but signing Montel Gibson on a 3 year deal as well as Ira Jackson Jr on a 2 year deal and Alhagi Touray Sisay on a 1 year deal.

Imagine having a large proportion of your fan base actually supporting it at the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
diehardmariner
November 10, 2021, 2:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,416
Gold Stars: 532
Not sure we'll see a massive financial benefit to this.  Can take it with a pinch of salt I guess but Holloway said we what we paid in wages for Gibson, Jackson Jnr and Sissay was the same as Akheem Rose and Harry Cardwell.  Both of whom I'm sure were on relatively low wages.

But it's another body less to worry about.  Especially one that's basically just getting the way.  It must be a bit of a pain in the bottom for the coaching staff to wonder what they're going to do with Gibson on a day-to-day basis.  A lad who is never going to be involved in the first team so you don't want him doing any tactical work, you also don't want to spend any time, effort or energy on developing his individual game but he's still there.  Just hanging about, getting in the way and understandably getting frustrated and potentially impacting on the mood around the place.

That all said, even if it's £200 a week we're saving and we can save another £300 a week from Rose...that might all contribute towards 25% of the wages that Hull, Doncaster, Sheffield United...want for their Under 23 striker.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Montel Gibson.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.