3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
friskneymariner
November 9, 2021, 7:49pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Left the club by mutual consent,making way for another forward?

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
MuddyWaters
November 9, 2021, 7:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,884
Gold Stars: 230
Another Hollowords folly departs the building.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 23
Davec
November 9, 2021, 8:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
I can't see how Gibson would need to depart in order for us to sign another striker? He wasn't given a squad number and was dispatched out on loan so it's unlike he was in the first team squad this season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 23
Hagrid
November 9, 2021, 8:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Good. Go. Id have sympathy with him being shite if he hadnt thrown a flipping gender reveal party.

Another wonderful piece of transfer market magic by The Southern one
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 23
NorthLondonMariner
November 9, 2021, 8:22pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Davec
I can't see how Gibson would need to depart in order for us to sign another striker? He wasn't given a squad number and was dispatched out on loan so it's unlike he was in the first team squad this season

If that website (the name of it escapes me) that lists players' wages is to be believed, then he was on £700 a week.  Yep might be balderdash, but also he was singed by a mad man on a 3-year deal, so could well be true. If so then that's a big wage for such a shite player that's now off the payroll.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 23
Kris2
November 9, 2021, 8:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from NorthLondonMariner

If that website (the name of it escapes me) that lists players' wages is to be believed, then he was on £700 a week.  Yep might be balderdash, but also he was singed by a mad man on a 3-year deal, so could well be true. If so then that's a big wage for such a shite player that's now off the payroll.

I'm sure that website gets their information from FM games and assumes it's accurate. A 3 year deal was way too much, a year contract to see if he comes good would have made sense but he was asking for all sorts of commitments like moving to the area within 6 months because that's apparently what the fans want so everyone probably asked for longer deals. Scored a few more goals on loan in October so maybe he did enough for them to take him off our hands. I don't think Montel Gibson being on the books has any real bearing on if we sign a new striker.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 23
NorthLondonMariner
November 9, 2021, 8:33pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Kris2

I'm sure that website gets their information from FM games and assumes it's accurate. A 3 year deal was way too much, a year contract to see if he comes good would have made sense but he was asking for all sorts of commitments like moving to the area within 6 months because that's apparently what the fans want so everyone probably asked for longer deals. Scored a few more goals on loan in October so maybe he did enough for them to take him off our hands. I don't think Montel Gibson being on the books has any real bearing on if we sign a new striker.

Don't get me wrong, I agree. It just adds a few more £££s to the coffers and a deadweight off our shoulders.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 23
jamesgtfc
November 9, 2021, 8:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,814
Gold Stars: 187
I was dreading him returning in January and being around for another 18 months like a bad smell. Just Rose and Morais to move on now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 23
blundellpork
November 9, 2021, 8:40pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,645
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I was dreading him returning in January and being around for another 18 months like a bad smell. Just Rose and Morais to move on now.

Can’t see Morais leaving. He was without a club before we offered him 18 months, and you’d expect him to cling to what is likely to be his final professional contract.

Better chance with Rose, but will definitely be at a lower level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 23
Poojah
November 9, 2021, 9:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,151
Gold Stars: 1,490
To mark this somber moment, here are my five favourite Montel Gibson FACTS:

1. Despite the name, Montel Gibson is NOT related to American talk show host Montel Williams.

2. The un-relations don’t end there - he is believed to share less than 60% of his DNA with ANY citrus fruit.

3. Despite this, his name is SPOOKILY an anagram of ‘big lemon snot’. Strange but true.

4. Unlike the late, great Vedat Dalokay, Montel Gibson has NEVER been a revered Turkish architect. This includes his time at Bedworth United in the 18/19 season.

5. Finally, Montel Gibson famously played no role whatsoever in the production of 1990 Hollywood blockbuster Edward Scissorhands (which grossed $86m at the box office). Reasons for this are understood to include that Montel is not qualified in any field of cinematography, and that he would not be born for another 7 years.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 23
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.