Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Don’t forget!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 281 Guests

Don’t forget!

This thread currently has 6,065 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
October 10, 2021, 4:21pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from buckstown
I don't think there was ever any doubt that PH would assemble a team that "works hard and pulls together".
The difference this time is that he's also assembled a team with flair, skill and the ability to score great goals. This run may not last forever, but man I'm enjoying the ride!

This.
The PH we have now is different because he is more experienced. He has managed at higher levels and seen the facilities at other clubs. He is more aware of what is out there and settled on a philosophy on how he wants his teams to play. It is the same with any craftsman or tradesman, you learn through time and experience.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 46
Grimsby2012
October 10, 2021, 4:38pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Ipswin

I am very willing to concede that no problem as things stand right now it's fantastic and well done to Hurst. Not only have we got a superb footballing side but the fans are enjoying it which is what it is all about, its supposed to be an entertainment.

However I want to see where we are in May before I change my mind about his appointment, for me final league position is the most important factor every time. An entertaining defeat in the playoffs won't cut it for me

As apposed to having a manager relegate us?

I'd prefer to take a punt at the playoffs if you ask me.

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 46
arryarryarry
October 10, 2021, 4:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Humbercod

No Town wants to be in this league but many at the start of the season were  resigned to be down here for a good few years, was there another manager realistically then who you thought of that would of taken us straight back up?

Stop with the old chesnut of was there a better manager we will never know, the simple fact was that Paul Hurst replaced that useless twit Holloway, brought in 12 new players and still managed to end up with a worse record.

We are where we are and Paul Hurst is so far doing a great job but he hasn't yet "taken us straight back up" Let's see where we are come the end of the season.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 46
acko338
October 10, 2021, 5:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,222
Gold Stars: 33
We have had years of let downs so some are wary of this sudden good form and feelgood factor.

Hurst says every week that it is one match at a time, and I think that is a good common sense way of keeping everyone grounded......and realistic expectations.

No right for automatic promotion - needs to be earnt right up to the season end.

January will mean changes if loanees have to return.. hope not... then replacements to be sought.

Will the elusive extra forward be found, hopefully no long term injuries to key players, etc, etc??

The league now know that we are a major player with strong intents.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 46
DB
October 10, 2021, 5:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from arryarryarry

Stop with the old chesnut of was there a better manager we will never know, the simple fact was that Paul Hurst replaced that useless twit Holloway, brought in 12 new players and still managed to end up with a worse record.

We are where we are and Paul Hurst is so far doing a great job but he hasn't yet "taken us straight back up" Let's see where we are come the end of the season.

What you say is true but you have also forgotten to mention a few things. JF was still the owner when Hurst came back, and although Day said money is not a problem ( ) JF failed to splash the cash. As stated in previous threads players talk, and it would appear JF was not liked by some players, so they wouldn't come.

It has been suggested by many that if Hurst had been appointed earlier ( 2/3 weeks) then we might have avoided relegation. Finally, we have the take over dated, 5th May. Far too late for 1878 to have an impact on relegation.

While Hurst has shown what can be achieved without JF in charge, top of the NL, we came bottom of the EFL with JF pulling the strings.

4 people are involved in all of this. Hurst + JF relegation, Hurst + JS & AP top of the league.

Arry you were quite correct in what you posted, but there were extenuating circumstances.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 46
Bristol Mariner
October 10, 2021, 5:50pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Ipswin

I am very willing to concede that no problem as things stand right now it's fantastic and well done to Hurst. Not only have we got a superb footballing side but the fans are enjoying it which is what it is all about, its supposed to be an entertainment.

However I want to see where we are in May before I change my mind about his appointment, for me final league position is the most important factor every time. An entertaining defeat in the playoffs won't cut it for me

Close to the number of red crosses Fenty gets

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 46
arryarryarry
October 10, 2021, 6:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from DB

What you say is true but you have also forgotten to mention a few things. JF was still the owner when Hurst came back, and although Day said money is not a problem ( ) JF failed to splash the cash. As stated in previous threads players talk, and it would appear JF was not liked by some players, so they wouldn't come.

It has been suggested by many that if Hurst had been appointed earlier ( 2/3 weeks) then we might have avoided relegation. Finally, we have the take over dated, 5th May. Far too late for 1878 to have an impact on relegation.

While Hurst has shown what can be achieved without JF in charge, top of the NL, we came bottom of the EFL with JF pulling the strings.

4 people are involved in all of this. Hurst + JF relegation, Hurst + JS & AP top of the league.

Arry you were quite correct in what you posted, but there were extenuating circumstances.

When PH joined hadn't the change of owner just about been completed as I am sure he mentioned he had spoken to the new owners?
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 46
It Bites
October 10, 2021, 6:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,183
Gold Stars: 264
Fenty 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 46
EvilFish
October 10, 2021, 7:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +597
Gold Stars: 52
Quoted from Ipswin

I've been asked that many times and I give the same reply - I don't know!

We could get Robin "Lennie" Lawrence in again, eh Swin? Maybe your judgement is just a little off...

You keep this schtick going though, it's been your thing for two decades so why stop now?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 46
Ipswin
October 10, 2021, 7:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from EvilFish

We could get Robin "Lennie" Lawrence in again, eh Swin? Maybe your judgement is just a little off...

Can't recall another manager beating Liverpool

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Don’t forget!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.