HertsGTFC
October 1, 2021, 3:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Youngy
If Sears is going to be given a chance, surely this is the game to do it? I completely agree that Dover will be harder to break down then we think but there goals scored record suggests there not going to be too expensive. This would be the perfect game to bed him in and show what he can do.

Agree completely, I’d be disappointed to see Clifton selected ahead of Sears at RB not only because it’s Sears’s best position (I’d assume) but Harry us in decent form in mid field at the moment too.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 101
Limerick Mariner
October 1, 2021, 4:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,694
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I doubt we will get any of the Osmond for Notts County. Dover isn't likely to present a security risk but Notts probably does. If that's the case, may as well give them full allocation and if they sell it, more money for us.

If we treat them poor, we will probably get similar treatment for the return fixture.

This was part of my point, although I didn't make it explicitly - Notts don't usually sell out the Osmond, they may do this time but that would be a first. We could end up turning away GTFC fans with a two thirds full Osmond Stand. We have split it before - the Fulham play-off semi in 98 - it was split a third for home fans with two thirds for Fulham with a segregation line between.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 101
Hagrid
October 1, 2021, 4:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,412
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

This was part of my point, although I didn't make it explicitly - Notts don't usually sell out the Osmond, they may do this time but that would be a first. We could end up turning away GTFC fans with a two thirds full Osmond Stand. We have split it before - the Fulham play-off semi in 98 - it was split a third for home fans with two thirds for Fulham with a segregation line between.

im sure they sold it out the year they came here Jamille Matt scored, we stayed up

i expect them to do so again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 101
forza ivano
October 1, 2021, 4:26pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1443926107288375296

6000 mark now passed

Lower and Ponny sold out, 60 odds n sods left in the Upper and 250 in the Main. 150+ already sold in the Osmond
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 101
Poojah
October 1, 2021, 4:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,533
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from Hagrid

im sure they sold it out the year they came here Jamille Matt scored, we stayed up

I think they could have gone up that day, if I remember correctly. They didn't, obviously, and went down the next season instead. Great scenes at the end of that game, even if they were to be short-lived in the big scheme of things.

It's pretty simple anyway. You offer Notts County with the option of the final third if they sell out three or four days before the match. If they don't, allocate it to Town fans - can't say fairer than that?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 101
Limerick Mariner
October 1, 2021, 4:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,694
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Hagrid

1566 officially Notts fans on that day  - 300 short of full on a day when they could have clinched promotion with a win. On that form for a National League game I'd say 1200 is perfectly fair...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 101
Rodley Mariner
October 1, 2021, 4:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
I wonder how cute we are being with tickets. Notice it's always 'tickets issued' rather than sold and then the attendance is quite a bit lower than that figure. Suspect we are giving a decent whack of free tickets out to schools etc which is great and I wonder if the amount given relates to the amount we expect to sell. So if we could actually sell one out we'll then significantly reduce what's handed out and the tickets issued will be v similar to the attendance. Added bonus is it's creating a buzz and a bit of a 'better get my ticket bought' mentality which then boosts crowds further. All good stuff.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 101
Grantham_Mariner
October 1, 2021, 4:42pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
COULD SOMEONE LET THE TICKET OFFICE KNOW THAT OSMOND BLOCK D IS FOR SALE TO BOTH HOME AND AWAY FANS ON TICKET SITE !

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 101
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 1, 2021, 5:08pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,271
Gold Stars: 304
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
COULD SOMEONE LET THE TICKET OFFICE KNOW THAT OSMOND BLOCK D IS FOR SALE TO BOTH HOME AND AWAY FANS ON TICKET SITE !

Whoops....

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 101
supertown
October 1, 2021, 5:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Doubt it matters really . How many will Dover bring ? 20 ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dover

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.