Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hunt - Goal Contributions?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 360 Guests

Hunt - Goal Contributions?

This thread currently has 3,677 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Davec
September 19, 2021, 11:28am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Hunt and Towler are clearly 2 loanees who are more than capable of playing in the league above atleast, both on loan until Jan but surely if in Jan we are still in the upper echelons of the table then surely we will stand a good chance of keeping them both until end of season? they would have both settled in here, they would be playing good football for a good team and surely keeping that going would be more benefical to their development than them going to a league team and potentially sit on the bench and not play many minutes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
HertsGTFC
September 19, 2021, 11:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Davec
Hunt and Towler are clearly 2 loanees who are more than capable of playing in the league above atleast, both on loan until Jan but surely if in Jan we are still in the upper echelons of the table then surely we will stand a good chance of keeping them both until end of season? they would have both settled in here, they would be playing good football for a good team and surely keeping that going would be more benefical to their development than them going to a league team and potentially sit on the bench and not play many minutes.

Agree with this chopping and changing mid season could be counterproductive to their development.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
Ipswin
September 19, 2021, 11:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Agree with this chopping and changing mid season could be counterproductive to their development.

And ours!! I just love those driven corners leading to the two great headed goals in the last two games, remember how many times our corners didn't clear the first defender in the last few seasons.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
joe56
September 19, 2021, 12:02pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Embleton now starting for Sunderland, as is Robson for MK.

I spoke to Sunderland supporter the other day, and he told me that Embleton is their star player by a long way. He said that his loan spell at Blackpool last season built well on his excellent development with Town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
ginnywings
September 19, 2021, 12:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Think I'm right in saying that his contract is up at the end of the season. There is no guarantee that it will be renewed in these strange times. He could be looking for a club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
diehardmariner
September 22, 2021, 3:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from jimgtfc
I’ve been hugely impressed with Hunt so far. I’m amazed we’ve managed to get him here and fair play Hursty for doing so. He’s pivotal to the way we play, in fact I’d go as far to say he’s our best player, certainly technically. He’s an upgrade on Jay Matete albeit a different type of midfielder. He dictates the tempo in the middle of the park really well, spots gaps for passes and through balls that I’ve not seen anyone do for us since Wayne Burnett. Tactically he offers the perfect creative balance for our high tempo press. If this lad can handle the physical side of our league and in turn improve that side to his game then he can play Championship level minimum in the future, in my opinion.

Despite the fact he was arguably our best player for the whole of the previous season, our transformation in the last 4 months is such that I'd completely forgotten about Jay Matete!
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
Les Brechin
September 22, 2021, 4:38pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,709
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Ipswin

And ours!! I just love those driven corners leading to the two great headed goals in the last two games, remember how many times our corners didn't clear the first defender in the last few seasons.

Like I mentioned earlier, we can put to bed that chant "We Never Score From A Corner" for now.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
dicko995
September 22, 2021, 5:30pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
Just hoping Sheff Wed allow him to play in the FA Cup for us, would be a shame for him to miss the game at Old Trafford
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hunt - Goal Contributions?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.