Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, September 16, 2021, 11:49pm
Hi all,

Does anybody know just how many assists Hunt has so far… seems like he’s involved in almost every goal at the moment. Obviously we know he has scored one but surely has many more contributions in assists.

We HAVE to keep this lad past January!
Posted by: IrishMariner, September 16, 2021, 11:54pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Hi all,

Does anybody know just how many assists Hunt has so far… seems like he’s involved in almost every goal at the moment. Obviously we know he has scored one but surely has many more contributions in assists.

We HAVE to keep this lad past January!

Depends whether or not you include the assist to an assist (Taylor's on Tuesday)
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 17, 2021, 7:47am; Reply: 2
Listening to the Wednesday podcast he seems to like it here which obviously means extending the January loan is a possibility and Wednesday are doing ok without him. This kid looks to me like he’s going to play a good level of football I doubt we’ll see him again after this season
Posted by: crusty ole pie, September 17, 2021, 9:35am; Reply: 3
I believe both our loan players will want to stay if our season continues there’s nothing like being champions and both these lads will want the chance to be part of it.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, September 17, 2021, 9:39am; Reply: 4
Pleasure to watch him. That through ball to Sousa was just perfect.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 17, 2021, 9:50am; Reply: 5
Quoted from crusty ole pie
I believe both our loan players will want to stay if our season continues there’s nothing like being champions and both these lads will want the chance to be part of it.

Depends if a loan or a move to a higher league club comes up.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 17, 2021, 10:14am; Reply: 6
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Depends if a loan or a move to a higher league club comes up.

Playing at higher level will happen just not this season( unless it’s with Wednesday) going to a league 2 club will hardly benefit him  
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 17, 2021, 10:41am; Reply: 7
He's made a real difference, I just hope we can keep him for the rest of the season. He also looks like his enjoying it.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, September 17, 2021, 10:44am; Reply: 8
As per above, he's great, and making a huge impact.

Sheff wed have just hit a couple of loses, so hopefully that doesn't last long, and they are in and around the play-offs come January
Then they might not need him, because i've no doubt he would be able to cope at League 1 level.
Posted by: Kris2, September 17, 2021, 12:21pm; Reply: 9
From what their fans are saying he mainly needs to get more experience in the physical side of the game to cope with first team football and he'll be getting plenty of that in this league where teams are more physical and get away with more. If the player is happy and he's not in contention for the first team at Sheffield then don't see a reason they wouldn't let us keep him for the season.

Think this will be an important season for him in making him the player he is going to be, he'll go on to bigger things if he keeps it up.
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 17, 2021, 12:32pm; Reply: 10
They say not to get too attached to loanees but I’ve done it again and I’m ready for the heartache
Posted by: Stockport Mariner, September 17, 2021, 3:02pm; Reply: 11
The first thing you notice is how good his deliveries are from free kicks and corners - a flat trajectory, hit with pace and most importantly, accurate. I think he may be our biggest 'assister' until his loan spell ends.
Posted by: Maringer, September 17, 2021, 3:31pm; Reply: 12
Ideally, we need Wednesday to have a good run over the next few months to get them up and about the promotion spots. If they are going well, they would be less likely to want Hunt back for the run in and it would certainly be better for him to be playing for us week in, week out all season as opposed to sitting on the bench and making brief appearances here and there.
Posted by: Poojah, September 17, 2021, 3:38pm; Reply: 13
As well as he’s done and as brilliant a player he’s going to be, I can’t see Wednesday needing him too much this season. The likes of Embleton and Robson did really well for us a league higher, and still got nowhere near the Sunderland first team.

The bigger threat is without doubt a League Two side coming in for him when his loan ends.
Posted by: jimgtfc, September 17, 2021, 8:20pm; Reply: 14
I’ve been hugely impressed with Hunt so far. I’m amazed we’ve managed to get him here and fair play Hursty for doing so. He’s pivotal to the way we play, in fact I’d go as far to say he’s our best player, certainly technically. He’s an upgrade on Jay Matete albeit a different type of midfielder. He dictates the tempo in the middle of the park really well, spots gaps for passes and through balls that I’ve not seen anyone do for us since Wayne Burnett. Tactically he offers the perfect creative balance for our high tempo press. If this lad can handle the physical side of our league and in turn improve that side to his game then he can play Championship level minimum in the future, in my opinion.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 17, 2021, 8:24pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Poojah
As well as he’s done and as brilliant a player he’s going to be, I can’t see Wednesday needing him too much this season. The likes of Embleton and Robson did really well for us a league higher, and still got nowhere near the Sunderland first team.

The bigger threat is without doubt a League Two side coming in for him when his loan ends.

Embleton now starting for Sunderland, as is Robson for MK.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 17, 2021, 8:35pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from MuddyWaters

There is a real similarity in these lads and Hunt in that regardless of what’s going on they always want the ball and make themselves available to receive it.
Posted by: RichMariner, September 17, 2021, 10:18pm; Reply: 17
Hunt is a quality player. I remember Hurst saying in an interview at the time of signing him that he didn't think we'd be able to bring him here on loan and was massively surprised that we could.

The 'if you don't ask, you don't get' scenario paid off.

Can see Hunt's career perhaps following the path of someone like Conor Townsend. Seems to have the talent and technical ability. Now it's just a case of hanging around to get a promotion under his belt and move on :)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 18, 2021, 10:25pm; Reply: 18
He can certainly take a corner can’t he?
Posted by: Ruston AT, September 19, 2021, 9:00am; Reply: 19
Quoted from pontoonlew
They say not to get too attached to loanees but I’ve done it again and I’m ready for the heartache

Yep and not looking forward to the pain, my favourite..... Just.
Posted by: Davec, September 19, 2021, 11:28am; Reply: 20
Hunt and Towler are clearly 2 loanees who are more than capable of playing in the league above atleast, both on loan until Jan but surely if in Jan we are still in the upper echelons of the table then surely we will stand a good chance of keeping them both until end of season? they would have both settled in here, they would be playing good football for a good team and surely keeping that going would be more benefical to their development than them going to a league team and potentially sit on the bench and not play many minutes.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 19, 2021, 11:34am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Davec
Hunt and Towler are clearly 2 loanees who are more than capable of playing in the league above atleast, both on loan until Jan but surely if in Jan we are still in the upper echelons of the table then surely we will stand a good chance of keeping them both until end of season? they would have both settled in here, they would be playing good football for a good team and surely keeping that going would be more benefical to their development than them going to a league team and potentially sit on the bench and not play many minutes.

Agree with this chopping and changing mid season could be counterproductive to their development.
Posted by: Ipswin, September 19, 2021, 11:40am; Reply: 22
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Agree with this chopping and changing mid season could be counterproductive to their development.

And ours!! I just love those driven corners leading to the two great headed goals in the last two games, remember how many times our corners didn't clear the first defender in the last few seasons.
Posted by: joe56, September 19, 2021, 12:02pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I spoke to Sunderland supporter the other day, and he told me that Embleton is their star player by a long way. He said that his loan spell at Blackpool last season built well on his excellent development with Town.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 19, 2021, 12:13pm; Reply: 24
Think I'm right in saying that his contract is up at the end of the season. There is no guarantee that it will be renewed in these strange times. He could be looking for a club.
Posted by: diehardmariner, September 22, 2021, 3:44pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from jimgtfc
I’ve been hugely impressed with Hunt so far. I’m amazed we’ve managed to get him here and fair play Hursty for doing so. He’s pivotal to the way we play, in fact I’d go as far to say he’s our best player, certainly technically. He’s an upgrade on Jay Matete albeit a different type of midfielder. He dictates the tempo in the middle of the park really well, spots gaps for passes and through balls that I’ve not seen anyone do for us since Wayne Burnett. Tactically he offers the perfect creative balance for our high tempo press. If this lad can handle the physical side of our league and in turn improve that side to his game then he can play Championship level minimum in the future, in my opinion.

Despite the fact he was arguably our best player for the whole of the previous season, our transformation in the last 4 months is such that I'd completely forgotten about Jay Matete!
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 22, 2021, 4:38pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Ipswin

And ours!! I just love those driven corners leading to the two great headed goals in the last two games, remember how many times our corners didn't clear the first defender in the last few seasons.

Like I mentioned earlier, we can put to bed that chant "We Never Score From A Corner" for now.  :)
Posted by: dicko995, September 22, 2021, 5:30pm; Reply: 27
Just hoping Sheff Wed allow him to play in the FA Cup for us, would be a shame for him to miss the game at Old Trafford :)
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 10:23pm