Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hunt - Goal Contributions?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 264 Guests

Hunt - Goal Contributions?

This thread currently has 3,675 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
September 17, 2021, 12:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,840
Gold Stars: 167
They say not to get too attached to loanees but I’ve done it again and I’m ready for the heartache
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 27
Stockport Mariner
September 17, 2021, 3:02pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 8
The first thing you notice is how good his deliveries are from free kicks and corners - a flat trajectory, hit with pace and most importantly, accurate. I think he may be our biggest 'assister' until his loan spell ends.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
Maringer
September 17, 2021, 3:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,404
Gold Stars: 184
Ideally, we need Wednesday to have a good run over the next few months to get them up and about the promotion spots. If they are going well, they would be less likely to want Hunt back for the run in and it would certainly be better for him to be playing for us week in, week out all season as opposed to sitting on the bench and making brief appearances here and there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
Poojah
September 17, 2021, 3:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,425
Gold Stars: 1,499
As well as he’s done and as brilliant a player he’s going to be, I can’t see Wednesday needing him too much this season. The likes of Embleton and Robson did really well for us a league higher, and still got nowhere near the Sunderland first team.

The bigger threat is without doubt a League Two side coming in for him when his loan ends.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
jimgtfc
September 17, 2021, 8:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,076
Gold Stars: 44
I’ve been hugely impressed with Hunt so far. I’m amazed we’ve managed to get him here and fair play Hursty for doing so. He’s pivotal to the way we play, in fact I’d go as far to say he’s our best player, certainly technically. He’s an upgrade on Jay Matete albeit a different type of midfielder. He dictates the tempo in the middle of the park really well, spots gaps for passes and through balls that I’ve not seen anyone do for us since Wayne Burnett. Tactically he offers the perfect creative balance for our high tempo press. If this lad can handle the physical side of our league and in turn improve that side to his game then he can play Championship level minimum in the future, in my opinion.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 27
MuddyWaters
September 17, 2021, 8:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Poojah
As well as he’s done and as brilliant a player he’s going to be, I can’t see Wednesday needing him too much this season. The likes of Embleton and Robson did really well for us a league higher, and still got nowhere near the Sunderland first team.

The bigger threat is without doubt a League Two side coming in for him when his loan ends.

Embleton now starting for Sunderland, as is Robson for MK.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
HertsGTFC
September 17, 2021, 8:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,876
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Embleton now starting for Sunderland, as is Robson for MK.

There is a real similarity in these lads and Hunt in that regardless of what’s going on they always want the ball and make themselves available to receive it.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
RichMariner
September 17, 2021, 10:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,141
Gold Stars: 209
Hunt is a quality player. I remember Hurst saying in an interview at the time of signing him that he didn't think we'd be able to bring him here on loan and was massively surprised that we could.

The 'if you don't ask, you don't get' scenario paid off.

Can see Hunt's career perhaps following the path of someone like Conor Townsend. Seems to have the talent and technical ability. Now it's just a case of hanging around to get a promotion under his belt and move on

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
HertsGTFC
September 18, 2021, 10:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,876
Gold Stars: 227
He can certainly take a corner can’t he?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
Ruston AT
September 19, 2021, 9:00am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +426
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from pontoonlew
They say not to get too attached to loanees but I’ve done it again and I’m ready for the heartache

Yep and not looking forward to the pain, my favourite..... Just.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hunt - Goal Contributions?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.