Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › All The UEFA EURO 2020 Games Match Threads
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 26 Guests

All The UEFA EURO 2020 Games Match Threads

This thread currently has 44,447 views. Print
70 Pages Prev ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
June 23, 2021, 2:45pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from Les Brechin

My abiding memory of that game is Alan Shearer standing in acres of space in the box with his arms aloft and Teddy Sheringham unselfishly giving him the ball to score after Gazza had dazzled the Dutch defence.

And Shearer actually miss hit/sliced the ball into the top right hand corner when he was aiming for the top left, Shearer still won't admit it though  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 300 - 690
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
June 23, 2021, 2:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,823
Gold Stars: 554
Quoted from Les Brechin

My abiding mempry of that game is Alan Shearer standing in acres of space in the box with his arms aloft and Teddy Sheringham unselfishly giving him the ball to score after Gazza had dazzled the Dutch defence.

As a 14 year old, it was one of those summers where the sun seemed to shine every day too. Similar to 2018.

Sexy football. Three Lions. The smell of copydex on the back of the 9X. Dolly the Sheep. Tracksuited parents at the school gates. Where’s Enzo Gambaro? I thought your Dad was at work. Is it meant to look like that? The summer of Andy Love. Happy times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 301 - 690
BobbyCummingsTackle
June 23, 2021, 3:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,271
Gold Stars: 304

As a 14 year old, it was one of those summers where the sun seemed to shine every day too. Similar to 2018.

Sexy football. Three Lions. The smell of copydex on the back of the 9X. Dolly the Sheep. Tracksuited parents at the school gates. Where’s Enzo Gambaro? I thought your Dad was at work. Is it meant to look like that? The summer of Andy Love. Happy times.

Jumpers for goalposts...

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 302 - 690
BobbyCummingsTackle
June 23, 2021, 3:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,271
Gold Stars: 304

Copydex on the back of the 9X?......strange place to be making collages. You'd have to be careful with the scissors when the bus went over some of those bumps on Scartho Rd.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 303 - 690
June 23, 2021, 3:50pm
Brandy Drinker

Copydex on the back of the 9X?......strange place to be making collages. You'd have to be careful with the scissors when the bus went over some of those bumps on Scartho Rd.

Precautions were taken. Safe scissoring
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 304 - 690
June 23, 2021, 4:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin

Maybe the result has blinded me as to the performance, but I just know that I enjoyed that game far more than I have most England matches.

On paper we had a very bold, attacking team in Euro 96.

In some matches we had a midfield 3 of Gazza, Platt and Ince, combined with McManaman and Anderton wide. You wouldn’t think that would work. No double pivots there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 305 - 690
Grantham_Mariner
June 23, 2021, 5:22pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
Hungary 14/1 to beat Germany. Got to be worth a small wager?

A double with France to beat Portugal pays over 30/1.

That's £2 of this weeks spending money invested I think!  

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 306 - 690
Gaffer58
June 23, 2021, 7:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Can anyone please explain who will play the 4 teams that finish 3rd in their respective group.Obviously it’s not England as we’re playing 2nd from F.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 307 - 690
KingstonMariner
June 23, 2021, 8:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

You never got the point of gluesniffing did you 😆

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 308 - 690
Poojah
June 23, 2021, 8:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,533
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from Gaffer58
Can anyone please explain who will play the 4 teams that finish 3rd in their respective group.Obviously it’s not England as we’re playing 2nd from F.

I’ve just spent some time trying to work it out. It’s a little bit tricky due to how it works, but provided the third placed team in Group F finished with either 4+points or a better gl difference than Finland’s -2 then it will be:

Belgium v 3rd place from Group F
Netherlands v Czech Republic (confirmed)
Sweden v Ukraine
Winner of Group F v Switzerland

Here are the permutations for who England will face based on the results from this evening’s games:

France win / Germany win: Germany
France win / Germany draw: Germany
France win / Germany lose: Hungary
France draw / Germany win: France
France draw / Germany draw: Germany
France draw / Germany lose: Hungary
France lose / Germany win: Germany
France lose / Germany draw: France
France lose / Germany lose: France or Hungary (depending on GD)

If I’ve worked it out correctly, we cannot face Portugal. Germany seems the most likely, both in terms of how many times they’re thrown up by the permutations and the likelihood of the results. In the event that Hungary win, it’s highly likely they’d finish second - that’s obviously the ticket everyone wants but their odds are 28/1 so seems unlikely.

In the big scheme of things, Germany wouldn’t be a bad draw. 13th in the world compared to France (2nd’) and Portugal (5th). I think that’s quite likely, and I wouldn’t be too unhappy with it on reflection - particularly with another quarter final against Sweden (or Czech Republic) as the prize.

We just need those cheese eating surrender monkeys not to pull a fast one!

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 309 - 690
70 Pages Prev ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › All The UEFA EURO 2020 Games Match Threads

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.