Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › All The UEFA EURO 2020 Games Match Threads
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 4 Guests

All The UEFA EURO 2020 Games Match Threads

This thread currently has 44,459 views. Print
70 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
June 19, 2021, 10:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Spain look bang average…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 690
Rick12
June 19, 2021, 10:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from aldi_01
Spain look bang average…
Yes disappointed with them so far. Morata done ok though. I would of brought Traore on though who like Danny Murphy the BBC pundit says is dangerous one on one. Can't see this Spain team  doing much though.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 221 - 690
grimsby pete
June 19, 2021, 10:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
It's not only England that disappoints so it's all to play for.

Any team can win on the day let's hope it's our day.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 222 - 690
Maringer
June 19, 2021, 11:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,542
Gold Stars: 185
Traore just isn't tippy-tappy enough for Spain. A player who scares the living crap out of defenders when he's in full flow so you'd think he'd make a great plan B to come from the bench, but they'd probably prefer to lose than field less of a team for football-purists.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 223 - 690
Rick12
June 20, 2021, 6:54am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Traore just isn't tippy-tappy enough for Spain. A player who scares the living crap out of defenders when he's in full flow so you'd think he'd make a great plan B to come from the bench, but they'd probably prefer to lose than field less of a team for football-purists.
Hope Luis Enrique can change his mindset and bring Adama Traore on. I would love to see him get some minutes in a official tournament. Football necessity may change his thinking though. I certainly hope so as Spain are struggling now and need the points. What the Spain team of old done between 2008 and 2012 was breathtaking after so many years of failure. To win 3 international tournaments on the bounce which has never been done before serves as a lesson for all us that with hard work and belief in yourself and a bit of luck   doors can open.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 224 - 690
KingstonMariner
June 20, 2021, 8:57am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Don’t forget masses of talent and using intelligence  Rick. You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 225 - 690
Rick12
June 20, 2021, 9:29am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Don’t forget masses of talent and using intelligence  Rick. You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.
Ive heard that accusation levelled at Luis Enrique in the Spanish press recently eg stubborn . Out there football coverage is probably more intense than it is here . They have predominantly daily  football papers dedicated mainly to Real Madrid and Barcelona alongside the national side when it plays. Bit like Italy in many ways.

As a player I loved Luis Enrique  though. Tough, tenacious and gave his all. I for one thought he would do better than what he has done so far in this tournament as manager.  I hope he can still turn it around but Iam doubtful.

As you say they do have some ability in the team but for me there lacking energy and bite. I know the heat has played some factor but still disappointed at how things are going.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 226 - 690
jaygy
June 20, 2021, 11:34am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Maringer

Sound familiar? .......cough.....Grealish.....cough
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 227 - 690
KingstonMariner
June 20, 2021, 1:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Rick12
Ive heard that accusation levelled at Luis Enrique in the Spanish press recently eg stubborn . Out there football coverage is probably more intense than it is here . They have predominantly daily  football papers dedicated mainly to Real Madrid and Barcelona alongside the national side when it plays. Bit like Italy in many ways.

As a player I loved Luis Enrique  though. Tough, tenacious and gave his all. I for one thought he would do better than what he has done so far in this tournament as manager.  I hope he can still turn it around but Iam doubtful.

As you say they do have some ability in the team but for me there lacking energy and bite. I know the heat has played some factor but still disappointed at how things are going.

Not the point I was making at all Rick.

What I was saying is that hardwork, self-belief and even good luck, will not be get you far unless you have the talent to start with and use it with intelligence.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 228 - 690
GollyGTFC
June 20, 2021, 2:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,962
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from RonMariner
If Portugal lose against France they might well be out.

The teams in group F have the advantage of playing last. They will all know what the minimum requirement for being one of the 4 third place teams are. It looks like 3 points and minus 1 GD might be enough, espically with the amount of goals Portugal have scored.

Losing by 2 goals will probably see Portugal through.

Well unless Hungary beat Germany & then Portuga would finish bottom if they lose to France.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 229 - 690
70 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › All The UEFA EURO 2020 Games Match Threads

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.