Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › council want to talk to Town about new stadium
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 137 Guests

council want to talk to Town about new stadium

This thread currently has 60,484 views. Print
53 Pages Prev ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Teestogreen
February 21, 2022, 5:07pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -160
Gold Stars: 23
I agree with you GrimPol - concentrate on improving the team - but with lots of Phases improving Blundell Park running concurrent.
This ensures the paying fans are not displaced and Blundell Park remains the spiritual home - simples.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 410 - 520
acko338
February 21, 2022, 5:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,228
Gold Stars: 33
We have proper audited and responsible Directors in charge, with proven high level business records in place.

If the money isn't right, they will know.

If the external business back up isn't there, then it won't happen.

Getting rid of THAT debt, and higher volume home crowds will both assist a speedier training ground firstly, and then look at the future or demise of Blundell Park.

No false promises, fiscal economy with the boardroom expertise in external and national projects, and a good slow sustainable set of progress both on and off the field.

Fans will probably want more of finance and field success,  and faster, but this club needs to be financially safe for the next 25 years, not implode like the near neighbours could by season end.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 411 - 520
aldi_01
February 21, 2022, 5:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from acko338
We have proper audited and responsible Directors in charge, with proven high level business records in place.

If the money isn't right, they will know.

If the external business back up isn't there, then it won't happen.

Getting rid of THAT debt, and higher volume home crowds will both assist a speedier training ground firstly, and then look at the future or demise of Blundell Park.

No false promises, fiscal economy with the boardroom expertise in external and national projects, and a good slow sustainable set of progress both on and off the field.

Fans will probably want more of finance and field success,  and faster, but this club needs to be financially safe for the next 25 years, not implode like the near neighbours could by season end.

For some, they can’t see beyond spending every last penny on playing budgets and ‘on the pitch’ ideas, ignoring the fact that training facilities and coaches etc tie in with that.

These guys won’t spunk club funds chasing something that only serves to make them a rich. They’ve delivered on various projects in their careers, far bigger and successful than the previous custodians. They’ll do it when the time so right. Sadly, for some fans they can’t see past a squad of players, they need to though because just spunking cash on players doesn’t make the club sustainable or provide future, whatever their opinion…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 412 - 520
pen penfras
February 21, 2022, 6:27pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -133
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from ska face

Think you might be doing him a disservice here. The bloke runs a firm that have invested over £4bn in various projects over the past 18 years, and is responsible for raising the capital to do so.

In this regard, Petit and Fenty aren’t even in the same galaxy.

If the major problem we have is finding the funding to finance a small to medium sized development project then, ye know….

Which company is this? He has 440 appointments on companies house, I assumed the one I'd heard of would be the biggest, but maybe there's a bigger one?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 413 - 520
jamesgtfc
February 21, 2022, 6:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,040
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from pen penfras

Which company is this? He has 440 appointments on companies house, I assumed the one I'd heard of would be the biggest, but maybe there's a bigger one?

He used to be high up at a company called Lehmann Brothers if you've heard of them?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 414 - 520
MuddyWaters
February 21, 2022, 6:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from jamesgtfc

He used to be high up at a company called Lehmann Brothers if you've heard of them?

Not exactly a recommendation that, is it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lehman_Brothers
Private Message
Reply: 415 - 520
MuddyWaters
February 21, 2022, 6:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from GrimPol

Fans wanted Fenty out, he sold up and the new owners are now in charge. Fans wanted "investment" but meant " loads of free money" to pay high wages for great footballers, and a new stadium. What you have got is a glass fence so you can see the touchline and a promise of a new training ground. Sounds fair to me, for why would someone spend his/her hard-earned money for you to sit in a soft seat watching overpaid footballers in a high tech stadium for a £15 ticket? Let's be honest the new owners had to pass the " fit and proper person" test. Well, that is contradictory, as there must be something wrong with you to buy a football club in the first place unless you really have deep pockets like a Russian/Arab/Far East Asian with bags of dodgy money.

I think these guys are doing fine, they are investing in the team which is most important, and will run the club so we don't go bust.
So unless someone comes up with a big chunk of money to build a stadium for GTFC it's tired, decrepit, lipstick on a pig Blundel Park for the foreseeable future.

Quite ironic given your comments on the ‘incoming striker’ thread.
Private Message
Reply: 416 - 520
ska face
February 21, 2022, 7:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,765
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from pen penfras

https://www.revcap.co.uk/
Private Message
Reply: 417 - 520
KingstonMariner
February 21, 2022, 7:39pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
He knows that Ska. He’s just being deliberately obtuse.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 418 - 520
jamesgtfc
February 21, 2022, 7:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,040
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Not exactly a recommendation that, is it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lehman_Brothers

I know the bank went bust but that doesn't mean everyone who worked there was useless does it? Unless of course he was in charge of their sub-prime mortgages in particular...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 419 - 520
53 Pages Prev ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › council want to talk to Town about new stadium

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.