BenBB
May 7, 2021, 6:25pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from IrishMariner
Apologies if it is deemed unnecessary to have another thread for this.

Was just wondering what ideas people have posed to far.

I know that the best ideas will come to light in time but I don't want to wait to have to hear, I'm too excited!

As a fan in Ireland I am mostly concerned with a streaming service for next year but I look forward to hearing what everybody else had to say

Being an 'exile' in Scotland wasn't much for me to add on the actually going to BP front, it's been a while since I've been myself (last time was just after they put the 'new' video scoreboard up, whenever that was). Did mention something about the PA being poop and that a better PA could add to the atmosphere with music. And Docks Beers of course!

Did add some feedback around keeping the education (GTSET) side of the club around. I was quite involved when I was younger and went to the after-school things they put on and the team there definitely seemed dedicated and did some great work. And the NCS scheme that the club were a part of was fantastic, sponsored by government sending us 2 weeks on different activity 'holidays' and then doing some community work, with a ceremony at the end at Grimsby Auditorium. Not sure if they still do the NCS thing but something similar would be good. Also the 'football in the community' after school coaching and things are good for creating awareness and contributing in the community.

For club promotion mentioned 'kids go free' tickets & 'buy one get one free' kinda schemes which have been successful in the past and were many of the reason that I got dragged along to games by my dad.

And also of course putting on some sort of streaming service, which Jason/Andrew have mentioned in other interviews that they'd be able to put on quite easily with their backgrounds if the licencing allows.

Also the most important thing, Inflatable Harry Haddock > Inflatable Pettit Sausage

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 39
cardiffmariner
May 7, 2021, 6:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,314
Gold Stars: 24
Focused on the idea of a community club myself. We have to reach out to the young, the old and all those in between.

The club has to become more than a football team that plays on a Saturday and occasional Tuesdays. It needs to be known just as much for the work it does in the community supporting the people of the town. To the best of my knowledge this has been pretty much neglected by the previous administration. They put all their eggs in one basket and relied entirely on the football being the be all and end - Fenty even said as much. I think the new owners understand that GTFC needs to be more than just this if it is something that is to be truly valuable to the town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 39
Theimperialcoroner
May 7, 2021, 7:00pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,206
Gold Stars: 102
I still have never heard a word uttered on the Pontoon Tannoy. I mean I like it like that but it can get annoying when announcements sound like they are being shouted from Spurn Lighthouse

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 39
acko338
May 7, 2021, 7:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,222
Gold Stars: 33
How about some of the ex footballers who have set up businesses locally, giving local children stories of their experiences, and also helping the Gy Town youths realise that life as a footballer could be short through ability or injury.

Education through those you have watched and admired on the field -

Gary Croft, Terry Donovan, Mike Brolly, Nigel Batch, all differing after-football jobs !

I'm sure people know of others, and Diddy Dave Boylen would have been a superb ambassador for this type of venture before he fell ill.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 39
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
May 7, 2021, 7:17pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +840
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from cardiffmariner
It needs to be known just as much for the work it does in the community supporting the people of the town. To the best of my knowledge this has been pretty much neglected by the previous administration.

Apart from Holloway's school visits early in his tenure, the ONLY current player who has regularly done community based things is Macca, and they have all been off his own back with no endorsement from the club.

This is the sort of thing that should now be encouraged by ALL players, from seasoned pro's right down to the youth team.

From presentation evenings and charities, right down to kids birthday parties, the club could and should make the effort to encompass the community.

Inside the Ground, pre-match and half-time entertainment, local pop groups, choirs etc etc. Plenty of space in those open corners for a makeshift stage.

Get old Town players back for every home game to walk round the pitch for photos and autographs. Remind THEM of former glories.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 39
Limerick Mariner
May 7, 2021, 7:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,694
Gold Stars: 136

Apart from Holloway's school visits early in his tenure, the ONLY current player who has regularly done community based things is Macca, and they have all been off his own back with no endorsement from the club.

This is the sort of thing that should now be encouraged by ALL players, from seasoned pro's right down to the youth team.

From presentation evenings and charities, right down to kids birthday parties, the club could and should make the effort to encompass the community.

Inside the Ground, pre-match and half-time entertainment, local pop groups, choirs etc etc. Plenty of space in those open corners for a makeshift stage.

Get old Town players back for every home game to walk round the pitch for photos and autographs. Remind THEM of former glories.

Exactly - needs to be part of the contract. Leicester Tigers run match-day coaching clinics on the morning of home games with all the parents and children attending the match in the afternoon - kids go free adults pay normal price. Players not in the matchday squad (plenty of injured rugby players these days) put in an appearance at training and over the lunch which is provided. School holiday training camps have players there - all needs to be part of job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 39
crusty ole pie
May 7, 2021, 7:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,327
Gold Stars: 66
I know this is a possibly outdated but I would love to see the tradition of receiving a blazer with the clubs crest embossed on  it awarded to players who have represented the club 50 times and a smart concierge greeting opposing teams and guests always thought it gave us a touch of class
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 39
Northbank Mariner
May 7, 2021, 7:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
I still have never heard a word uttered on the Pontoon Tannoy. I mean I like it like that but it can get annoying when announcements sound like they are being shouted from Spurn Lighthouse

Personally one of mine was to that the tannoy was poor at best...although the old boys hated it when we put speakers around the edge of the pitch I really enjoyed it, got the atmosphere bouncing before kick off.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 39
dicko995
May 7, 2021, 10:13pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
probably a bit too much, but i asked about our own sky tv channel, like Premier clubs have. Maybe asking for too much, but i would join in a heartbeat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 39
BenBB
May 8, 2021, 12:00am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from dicko995
probably a bit too much, but i asked about our own sky tv channel, like Premier clubs have. Maybe asking for too much, but i would join in a heartbeat.

I've never seen it but didn't we used to have our own pre-match TV show on Channel 7? Searching on here it was called GTTV? My nan told me about it but I'm too young to remember that ever being a thing.

I know you're joking but traditional broadcast media is on the down. Something on an online live streaming service like Twitch/YouTube Live before games would be cool though, but I can't imagine it would have that much of a watching.

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ideas in Survey

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.