4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
mimma
May 8, 2021, 1:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Aren't they already looking at better facilities for disabled fans, in one of the corners?  If they get it right, then you might be able to still go to watch your beloved Mariners again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 39
Theimperialcoroner
May 8, 2021, 1:53pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 102
Also, I know the Handicapped Supporters (with apologies for using the incorrect title) struggle for funds and help. Be a great move for the club to look after some of the most loyal fans I know. It was such a privilege to hand over the spare cash from Operation Mariachi to them as they had helped my late step brother so much over the years. Not sure how Daphne’s health is nowadays, but the job she has done is remarkable.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 39
Theimperialcoroner
May 8, 2021, 1:56pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 102
In fact expanding on that, for a bit of engagement, how about an “Honorary Mariner” title for those that have done so much for the club over the years, recognising their efforts and support. Someone like Daphne or Terry or the like would be deserving. Nominations from the fans.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 39
Limerick Mariner
May 8, 2021, 1:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 136
I've completed the survey but forgot to mention something, so I emailed the Trust. GTFC should put together a band to play in the fanzone and other live events at Blundell Park in McMenemy's. Musicians income has been decimated by Lockdown. Many venues may not reopen and music venue numbers have been reducing for years because of onerous licensing requirements. [url]https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/dec/27/covid-decimated-live-music-business-jobs-unsung-heroes-economic-hardship[/url]

A small area at the back of the Pontoon (probably top right) should be cordoned off for some musicians to play during the game - a drummer and some brass. Remember the Play-off final v Bristol Rovers when 15k Town fans totally outsang and made more noise than 40k Bristolians with the help of our drummer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 39
Mallyner
May 8, 2021, 2:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from mimma
Aren't they already looking at better facilities for disabled fans, in one of the corners?  If they get it right, then you might be able to still go to watch your beloved Mariners again.

Thank you very much to those, who have posted very kind replies to my post; and I am sure better facilities for disabled fans would be an excellent improvement.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 39
Mariner Ronnie
May 8, 2021, 2:26pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Chrisblor
  • Replace the useless online club shop and ticket office
  • Introduce some sort of exile membership scheme (maybe the one they've set up during the pandemic will account for exiles - will need to see more detail when it launches)
  • Improved community engagement - club needs to realise it's competing against *any other activity on a Saturday afternoon* when trying to draw in new supporters
  • Better quality food and drink on offer at the ground, ideally provided by local businesses
  • Generally an improved matchday experience, so people can walk away from BP thinking they've had at decent time even if the team has played badly

Yeap, me and the wife said the same about the local food and drinks. Neither of us spend a penny at the ground, and if the likes of docks beers and pop up street food (e.g. Greek shack) was there we’d get there earlier and enjoy the experience. At the moment we just go and sit in our seats just before kick off, surrounded by McDonald’s rubbish. 🙄

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 39
Madeleymariner
May 8, 2021, 2:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
One of the things I suggested is building a toilet block for the men on one end of the Findus and using old mens loo for women so they have more . I'm pretty sure the queuing on the findus steps at half time is a serious safety hazard. Asked for locally produced real food, fish n chips, decent hot drinks, icecream vans in the warmer months as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 39
ginnywings
May 8, 2021, 2:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Madeleymariner
One of the things I suggested is building a toilet block for the men on one end of the Findus and using old mens loo for women so they have more . I'm pretty sure the queuing on the findus steps at half time is a serious safety hazard. Asked for locally produced real food, fish n chips, decent hot drinks, icecream vans in the warmer months as well.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 39
ginnywings
May 8, 2021, 2:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
A lot of the comments raised in this thread surrounding food, drink and entertainment will be addressed by the fanzone.

Apparently, the one at Lincoln gets walk in customers who don't even go to the games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 39
KingstonMariner
May 8, 2021, 5:52pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from DB

Well posted, I absolutely agree with you. There are various forms of disability that go unnoticed and as you pointed out the club has benefited financially from you. Bums on seats are an obvious form of income at BP but bums in the armchair, with a row of pain killers etc., is a good option for the club to look at.

Isn’t that how many people have been doing it this season?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ideas in Survey

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.