4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
AdamHaddock
May 8, 2021, 1:12am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,824
Gold Stars: 26
Build a San siro sized stadium on the old Ramsden's site.

Allow sponsored bungee jumping from the Findus gantry

Complimentary wasabi peas when you enter the ground (or Werther's Original in the main stand)

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 39
Theimperialcoroner
May 8, 2021, 7:18am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,172
Gold Stars: 102
In the days of George Kerr, the players used to do training sessions at the schools.
How much of a buzz it was to have Joe Waters, Bobby Cumming and Kev Drinkell that close to you as a kid.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 39
essexexile
May 8, 2021, 10:05am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +185
Gold Stars: 1
I think player loyalty is a big thing for fans to connect to the club, difficult with agents, because every fan has favourite players and I went to see players as well as the team
I remember throwing sweets as a kid and Harry Wainman spending most of the prematch kick in picking em up and the banter with Johnny Scott and Jimmy Fell
Also was it Bing who had the black and white suit and hat on who used to walk round the ground pre match getting the crowd going and sometimes with a blanket to collect loose change for charity
Entertainment has been lost at BP over the years we need to get that back
Oh yeh and red socks
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 39
essexexile
May 8, 2021, 10:05am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +185
Gold Stars: 1
I think player loyalty is a big thing for fans to connect to the club, difficult with agents, because every fan has favourite players and I went to see players as well as the team
I remember throwing sweets as a kid and Harry Wainman spending most of the prematch kick in picking em up and the banter with Johnny Scott and Jimmy Fell
Also was it Bing who had the black and white suit and hat on who used to walk round the ground pre match getting the crowd going and sometimes with a blanket to collect loose change for charity
Entertainment has been lost at BP over the years we need to get that back
Oh yeh and red socks
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 39
Mallyner
May 8, 2021, 10:18am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
I have filled in the questionnaire fully, with what I would like to see happen; which seems to be in line with what most others think.

Sadly at the age of 72 and with quite bad arthritis which prevents me from going up steps and sitting and getting up from low seats, I don't think I will be able to watch my beloved Mariners live again.

This season I have watched ever game but one and paid double what a season ticket would have cost me to do that.

Now I would not want in any way to cut crowds down, particularly on cold winter's nights, but if there was a way without doing that, that perhaps elderly, disabled and Mariner's supporters all over the UK, who live too far away to travel could watch the games live as on iFollow, I personally would pay the full match fee to do that; and it could add quite a bit of income every game.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 39
DB
May 8, 2021, 10:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Mallyner
I have filled in the questionnaire fully, with what I would like to see happen; which seems to be in line with what most others think.

Sadly at the age of 72 and with quite bad arthritis which prevents me from going up steps and sitting and getting up from low seats, I don't think I will be able to watch my beloved Mariners live again.

This season I have watched ever game but one and paid double what a season ticket would have cost me to do that.

Now I would not want in any way to cut crowds down, particularly on cold winter's nights, but if there was a way without doing that, that perhaps elderly, disabled and Mariner's supporters all over the UK, who live too far away to travel could watch the games live as on iFollow, I personally would pay the full match fee to do that; and it could add quite a bit of income every game.  

Well posted, I absolutely agree with you. There are various forms of disability that go unnoticed and as you pointed out the club has benefited financially from you. Bums on seats are an obvious form of income at BP but bums in the armchair, with a row of pain killers etc., is a good option for the club to look at.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 39
HertsGTFC
May 8, 2021, 10:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,907
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Mallyner

That’s a good post, when I completed the survey I added something about accessibility for people who have mobility issues. My dad is 75 and we sit in the upper and he really struggles with the steps. I’ve asked him in the past if he wants to sit in the main but his response is always “I like the lads we sit with”.

One idea that clearly won’t be going ahead was a training ground out of Town, Jason Stockwood was really clear on that.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 39
Withnail
May 8, 2021, 10:49am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
I still have never heard a word uttered on the Pontoon Tannoy. I mean I like it like that but it can get annoying when announcements sound like they are being shouted from Spurn Lighthouse

I mentioned the inaudible tannoy system as well, and lack of pre match build up, amongst various other things, including the need for better food, which last time I had the misfortune of purchasing was inedible -  (fish and chips and Lincs sausages please - we are Europe's Food Town after all) and drink (Docks Beer is the obvious choice), a park and ride from pubs to avoid parking issues, the necessity of making better use of the ground pre match and as a community hub on other days of the week, reduced season ticket prices, improved, proactive PR and the need to pack out the ground, something Jason and Andrew touched on in one of their recent interviews.

We know the vast majority of away teams will bring sodomist all fans so I'd like to see safe standing return to the Osmond for home fans (if feasible) with reduced ticket pricing. I'd also like to see a quota of season tickets be awarded to vulnerable section of society who otherwise would not be able to attend games at BP.  These tickets could be offered after the deadline has passed for early bird STs to avoid cries of foul play. This quota of STs could also be given to unsung  heroes in the community. While some would no doubt moan at this altruistic offer, better to have an extra 500, or 1,000 bums on seats who will no doubt buy drinks, food, programmes, merchandise, bring a friend... than 500 or 1,000 extra empty seats.

I think the media would be all over this and it would provide GTFC with some much needed positive media coverage.

The ground seriously needs tarting up. No one expects BP to be transformed into Tottenham Hotspur stadium but the bogs are disgusting, parts of the ground resemble a Victorian prison and the place has a down at heel, neglected feel to it. We all know why.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 39
Withnail
May 8, 2021, 12:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Withnail

I mentioned the inaudible tannoy system as well, and lack of pre match build up, amongst various other things, including the need for better food, which last time I had the misfortune of purchasing was inedible -  (fish and chips and Lincs sausages please - we are Europe's Food Town after all) and drink (Docks Beer is the obvious choice), a park and ride from pubs to avoid parking issues, the necessity of making better use of the ground pre match and as a community hub on other days of the week, reduced season ticket prices, improved, proactive PR and the need to pack out the ground, something Jason and Andrew touched on in one of their recent interviews.

We know the vast majority of away teams will bring sodomist all fans so I'd like to see safe standing return to the Osmond for home fans (if feasible) with reduced ticket pricing. I'd also like to see a quota of season tickets be awarded to vulnerable section of society who otherwise would not be able to attend games at BP.  These tickets could be offered after the deadline has passed for early bird STs to avoid cries of foul play. This quota of STs could also be given to unsung  heroes in the community. While some would no doubt moan at this altruistic offer, better to have an extra 500, or 1,000 bums on seats who will no doubt buy drinks, food, programmes, merchandise, bring a friend... than 500 or 1,000 extra empty seats.

I think the media would be all over this and it would provide GTFC with some much needed positive media coverage.

The ground seriously needs tarting up. No one expects BP to be transformed into Tottenham Hotspur stadium but the bogs are disgusting, parts of the ground resemble a Victorian prison and the place has a down at heel, neglected feel to it. We all know why.

Thinking about it...maybe the club could arrange a fundraiser for fans, players and staff to take part in to raise funds for season tickets for this cohort of vulnerable fans/unsung heroes. A realistic target could be set between now and the start of the new season, which could then be matched either by the club, or  a grant making charity, like the Dulverton Trust.

Call it the 500 Challenge - to raise funds for 500 season tickets, or we it really takes off, the 1,000 Challenge.

Another thing I'd like to see more of are collaborations with other organisations like ABP, Steele's, the fishing heritage museum, Docks Beers.

For example, you could offer an awesome foursome day out by taking in four of: A tour and drinks at Docks Beers, a guided tour of the fish docks, including climb of Dock Tower, fishing heritage museum/Ross Tiger and then slap up fish and chips at McMenemy's/Steele's/Ocean... followed by tickets to the match....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 39
Azimuth
May 8, 2021, 12:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from BenBB

I've never seen it but didn't we used to have our own pre-match TV show on Channel 7? Searching on here it was called GTTV? My nan told me about it but I'm too young to remember that ever being a thing.

I know you're joking but traditional broadcast media is on the down. Something on an online live streaming service like Twitch/YouTube Live before games would be cool though, but I can't imagine it would have that much of a watching.

We did indeed, it was for a short period and was run by Ch7, this could provide a giid partnership with the institute and local 6th form media students, it would be another way of getting involved in the young people in the community and would generate some interest in the club at a local level.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ideas in Survey

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.