Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Any hope?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 130 Guests

Any hope?

This thread currently has 6,517 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerdeano
April 21, 2021, 12:01pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +366
Gold Stars: 24
Recent tweets about a League two club with £30m debts facing administration and 12 point deduction. How reliable were those sources? Was there any credence in this? I know I am clutching but if this was to happen we are not likely to know until the end of the season, meaning maintaining a gap of no more than 11 points on presumably Colchester. I know I am clutching at straws here but maybe there's no smoke without fire.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
April 21, 2021, 12:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 507
nah no hope, its gone mate
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 32
Mrbump53
April 21, 2021, 12:16pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
The owner of the club with the £30m debt has publicly stated that those debts are not required to be repaid this season of in one season and they are working to restructure the debt over a longer term so that there is no issues or risk of going into administration.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 32
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 21, 2021, 12:42pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +6,985
Gold Stars: 283
Let it go and move on......we'll be in the NL next season.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 32
lew chaterleys lover
April 21, 2021, 12:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
What I would like to know, is how on earth the EFL will allow two of its long-standing members to be relegated to a league that has been a farce for months.

How can we be relegated to a league, in which the members of the said league could not suffer relegation themselves? It makes a mockery of fair competition. The clubs taking our place in the EFL will have done so by playing against some clubs who did not care less about the result of their matches as if they were in the lower half of the league, as they knew they could not be relegated. Nice work if you can get it.

I am surprised there has not been a legal challenge to at least ask the question.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 32
scrumble
April 21, 2021, 1:03pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 10
What I would like to know, is how on earth the EFL will allow two of its long-standing members to be relegated to a league that has been a farce for months.

How can we be relegated to a league, in which the members of the said league could not suffer relegation themselves? It makes a mockery of fair competition. The clubs taking our place in the EFL will have done so by playing against some clubs who did not care less about the result of their matches as if they were in the lower half of the league, as they knew they could not be relegated. Nice work if you can get it.

I am surprised there has not been a legal challenge to at least ask the question.

Dover just stopped playing altogether. But for your answer you just need to ask, do you really think the clubs further up than us really give a crap about whether the two teams going done are any better than the ones coming up, and do they car either way. The answer is a clear no.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 32
diehardmariner
April 21, 2021, 1:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +17,066
Gold Stars: 518
Whilst I don't disagree that it's a farce going into a league that is run in such an appalling manner, we have to accept our fate.

If the club had been so bothered about not falling through that trapdoor again, having already experienced first half how horrible it is down there, they really should have put better things in place to prevent it.

We had a stark warning in 2018 and we ignored it.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 32
lew chaterleys lover
April 21, 2021, 1:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from scrumble

Dover just stopped playing altogether. But for your answer you just need to ask, do you really think the clubs further up than us really give a crap about whether the two teams going done are any better than the ones coming up, and do they car either way. The answer is a clear no.

It's not a question of what teams above us think. The EFL is the governing body of the football league clubs and they have a duty to look after members interests. They should have acted as soon as it became apparent that the National league were not playing in accordance with their own rules, which should have made promotion from that league impossible unless they were able to complete the season properly with relegation as part of it.

Basically, they should have told them that if there is no relegation from your league then there won't be relegations from ours.

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 32
lew chaterleys lover
April 21, 2021, 1:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner
Whilst I don't disagree that it's a farce going into a league that is run in such an appalling manner, we have to accept our fate.

If the club had been so bothered about not falling through that trapdoor again, having already experienced first half how horrible it is down there, they really should have put better things in place to prevent it.

We had a stark warning in 2018 and we ignored it.

I know all that, but the thread is about is there any zany ways of avoiding the inevitable.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 32
dapperz fun pub
April 21, 2021, 1:45pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81

I know all that, but the thread is about is there any zany ways of avoiding the inevitable.

No is the answer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 32
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Any hope?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.