Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Barrattstander

I can already see Hurst's idea of a perfect season next year:

P    W    D    L    F    A    Pts
    46    0    46   0   46   46   46

Which is why we were always off the pace for automatic promotion in his National League seasons.

To achieve automatic promotion the team needs to be averaging 2 points per game from match 1, so slow starters never get up to pace and the play-offs is the best that can be hoped for. So no more 'Parslow Points', as stated elsewhere a win and a defeat gets 50% more points than two draws.

Yep. Doesn't matter if you're tenth after ten games because the season is 46games
Don't forget either that you don't need a goalscorer in the team.

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 210 - 228
HertsGTFC
April 5, 2021, 5:27pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,958
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from DB

They did have clear cut gilt edge chances and they are supposed to be attackers.

Agree completely DB but we don’t seem to attack in numbers, when we did today we scored.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 211 - 228
Fillipe Noche
April 5, 2021, 5:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from HertsGTFC

On today’s performance was Mattette any better? You can’t honestly single anyone out I think the lads did their best versus a well organised side who are much better than us in many areas.

Yes I’d say Matete was the busier of the players in there

As I’ve said, my sadness with regards to Harry is that he’s a local and I really want him to be a legend, but I don’t think he’s going to be
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 212 - 228
Fillipe Noche
April 5, 2021, 5:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Agree completely DB but we don’t seem to attack in numbers, when we did today we scored.

Absolutely right. When we turn over possession and win the ball, we just don’t counter at pace or in numbers

It’s not enough to win the ball and hit channels. We’ve got to get players forward

It’s not enough to find Hanson in the air, we’ve got to get players forward to play off his 2nd’s
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 213 - 228
rancido
April 5, 2021, 5:35pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

I said farewell for the evening

You needn’t have been concerned or worried, I wasn’t going to leave you all. I wouldn’t do that to you

Shame !!!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 214 - 228
fishcake63
April 5, 2021, 5:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
We did try but we played one of if not hardest team to defend against in league if we open up game would have been over after an hour , instead stayed in game & actually had 3 great chances payne near post header hanson sitter & green at end
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 215 - 228
carrot top
April 5, 2021, 5:37pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +817
Gold Stars: 2
I thought after we scored we were pretty awful. Just not good enough. Missed placed passes too regular and a lot of hoofing. Not good enough and have not been so all season. I live in hope but head tells me it’s done and dusted. Btw Green should  have scored at the end but hey how many times have we said that about chances players have had

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 216 - 228
devs
April 5, 2021, 5:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,982
Gold Stars: 30
Viewed as a single game a point against promotion chasers, best away record in league, and a team who threatened to batter us second half it's a good point
But we need more - and although I am a PH fan one of his main weaknesses is use of subs...too little, too conservative, too late
What has Williams done wrong? He transformed match v Mansfield and scored a corker and nearly won it
Spokes - obviously has talent (goal against Barrow)
Jackson - scored a couple of important goals

We need to win games!

But PH would argue we still created two golden chances using the players he started with and brought on

Opinions etc - but we missed a trick today IMO

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 217 - 228
Teestogreen
April 5, 2021, 6:26pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 23
Could be ‘Devs’ - Paul is saving those players you mention for the surprise element in the ‘death games’.
Hope so.

UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 218 - 228
Quagmire
April 5, 2021, 6:40pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Teestogreen
Could be ‘Devs’ - Paul is saving those players you mention for the surprise element in the ‘death games’.
Hope so.

UTM

Are we not playing those games now?

Devs is spot on re subs - too little, too conservative, too late
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 219 - 228
23 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cheltenham (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.