Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cheltenham (H) Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 219 Guests

Cheltenham (H) Match Thread

This thread currently has 35,985 views. Print
23 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
April 5, 2021, 5:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
Gutted really, so torn on Hurst, he’s made us so much harder to beat but I’d genuinely have rather lost a couple of these games just to watch us have a bloody go at it. Unforgivable how late he changed things.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 228
forza ivano
April 5, 2021, 5:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
[quote=120845]I think if we’d have gone too open they would have battered us but with 15 mins to go we needed more up front and in midfield and just brining on Coke wasn’t the answer. I’m a supporter of Hurst but can’t see what we where trying to do in the 2nd half.

trying not to get an absolute drubbing. Macca made 2 brilliant saves in the first 2  minutes, and we hardly had the ball in their half during the 3rd quarter. i'd love someone to tell me how many attacking throws, free kicks and corners they had in the 2nd half.
as bucks town said they'd have carved us apart if he'd changed it too early or radically.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 228
hampshiremariner
April 5, 2021, 5:07pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,056
Gold Stars: 35
I'd have settled for a point. I have hatred in my heart for Cheltenham and wish they would stick to horse lepping. I still have not got over the 2006 play-off final.

But remember they gave City more than a good game in the FA Cup until Phil Foden turned the match.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 228
sonofmadeleymariner
April 5, 2021, 5:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Typical gtfc performance on top score, fail to get 2nd, let opposition back into game, concede, fail to do very little positively for rest of game, lucky to draw/predictable loss. Rinse and repeat each game. Add to that Hursts subs, late, baffling and ineffective

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 228
Fillipe Noche
April 5, 2021, 5:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Hung on to get a 1-1 that in any other predicament would have been a great point.

But, in all honesty I’m not sure how Cheltenham haven’t won that game with the chances they’ve had.

Hurst has built a team that is incredibly hard working without the ball, that nobody can seem to beat at the moment. But we don’t have enough quality when we are in possession.

Sad to say that Harry Clifton doesn’t have what’s needed.

The wing backs just didn’t get out and high today enough and were constantly pinned back.

In order for that formation it’s got to be fast on the counter attack, and we just don’t have any pace going forward.

Not sure if that is one more game towards safety, or one game closer to relegation. I fear it’s the latter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 228
GollyGTFC
April 5, 2021, 5:11pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,963
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Hung on to get a 1-1 that in any other predicament would have been a great point.

But, in all honesty I’m not sure how Cheltenham haven’t won that game with the chances they’ve had.

Hurst has built a team that is incredibly hard working without the ball, that nobody can seem to beat at the moment. But we don’t have enough quality when we are in possession.

The wing backs just didn’t get out and high today enough and were constantly pinned back.

In order for that formation it’s got to be fast on the counter attack, and we just don’t have any pace going forward.

Not sure if that is one more game towards safety, or one game closer to relegation. I fear it’s the latter.

I thought you had gone? You have more comebacks than Rocky.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 195 - 228
forza ivano
April 5, 2021, 5:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265

But you only said 'farewell' yesterday???
I wish I could say it's nice to have you back but I would be lying
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 228
Barrattstander
April 5, 2021, 5:17pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +876
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from Yoda
Hurst out he is useless a draw merchant yesterdays man sack him

I can already see Hurst's idea of a perfect season next year:

P    W    D    L    F    A    Pts
    46    0    46   0   46   46   46

Which is why we were always off the pace for automatic promotion in his National League seasons.

To achieve automatic promotion the team needs to be averaging 2 points per game from match 1, so slow starters never get up to pace and the play-offs is the best that can be hoped for. So no more 'Parslow Points', as stated elsewhere a win and a defeat gets 50% more points than two draws.

62 Seasons following the Mariners from the Barrett Stand side.(apart from 2020-21)
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL2SD1UW4AAfaOx.jpg[/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 228
HertsGTFC
April 5, 2021, 5:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228

Why have you singled Clifton out?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 228
Fillipe Noche
April 5, 2021, 5:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from forza ivano

But you only said 'farewell' yesterday???
I wish I could say it's nice to have you back but I would be lying

I said farewell for the evening

You needn’t have been concerned or worried, I wasn’t going to leave you all. I wouldn’t do that to you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 228
23 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cheltenham (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.