Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cheltenham (H) Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 134 Guests

Cheltenham (H) Match Thread

This thread currently has 35,801 views. Print
23 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
April 5, 2021, 5:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 507
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

I said farewell for the evening

You needn’t have been concerned or worried, I wasn’t going to leave you all. I wouldn’t do that to you

I wish you would
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 228
Stadium
April 5, 2021, 5:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Hung on to get a 1-1 that in any other predicament would have been a great point.

But, in all honesty I’m not sure how Cheltenham haven’t won that game with the chances they’ve had.

Hurst has built a team that is incredibly hard working without the ball, that nobody can seem to beat at the moment. But we don’t have enough quality when we are in possession.

Sad to say that Harry Clifton doesn’t have what’s needed.

The wing backs just didn’t get out and high today enough and were constantly pinned back.

In order for that formation it’s got to be fast on the counter attack, and we just don’t have any pace going forward.

Not sure if that is one more game towards safety, or one game closer to relegation. I fear it’s the latter.

Welcome back Lazarus.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 228
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
April 5, 2021, 5:20pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 547

I said farewell for the evening

So it was just buenos noches from you?

Phew, I couldn’t sleep last night thinking we had lost you forever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 228
Fillipe Noche
April 5, 2021, 5:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Why have you singled Clifton out?

Because today that area of the pitch needed some strength to get us playing forward and none of them in there showed they had it.

In terms of being sad about Harry, I guess it saddens me more than the way I view the others, as he’s a local lad and I’d dearly love him to be a great player for us. But I just don’t see him ever having the quality to be the GTFC legend I’d love him to be
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 228
Fillipe Noche
April 5, 2021, 5:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103

So it was just buenos noches from you?

Phew, I couldn’t sleep last night thinking we had lost you forever.

Oh bless you, that is very kind of you to say so thank you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 228
DB
April 5, 2021, 5:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from HertsGTFC

The bit that irritates me is that when Hanson and Green has chances they had nobody up there with them to square the ball to.

They did have clear cut gilt edge chances and they are supposed to be attackers.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 228
Mariner Ronnie
April 5, 2021, 5:24pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
I thought that would’ve been a brilliant result if we hadn’t been bottom, since we were battered most of the game. Hewitt the unsung hero today and probably against Salford too.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 228
HertsGTFC
April 5, 2021, 5:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217

Because today that area of the pitch needed some strength to get us playing forward and none of them in there showed they had it.

In terms of being sad about Harry, I guess it saddens me more than the way I view the others, as he’s a local lad and I’d dearly love him to be a great player for us. But I just don’t see him ever having the quality to be the GTFC legend I’d love him to be

On today’s performance was Mattette any better? You can’t honestly single anyone out I think the lads did their best versus a well organised side who are much better than us in many areas.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 228
friskneymariner
April 5, 2021, 5:25pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Hung on to get a 1-1 that in any other predicament would have been a great point.

But, in all honesty I’m not sure how Cheltenham haven’t won that game with the chances they’ve had.

Hurst has built a team that is incredibly hard working without the ball, that nobody can seem to beat at the moment. But we don’t have enough quality when we are in possession.

Sad to say that Harry Clifton doesn’t have what’s needed.

The wing backs just didn’t get out and high today enough and were constantly pinned back.

In order for that formation it’s got to be fast on the counter attack, and we just don’t have any pace going forward.

Not sure if that is one more game towards safety, or one game closer to relegation. I fear it’s the latter.

Back already.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 228
DB
April 5, 2021, 5:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I thought you had gone? You have more comebacks than Rocky.

He only said 'farewell' Golly. He didn't ask Rob to delete him.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 228
23 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cheltenham (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.