6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
April 3, 2021, 9:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,415
Gold Stars: 534
Looking at it last night, it is so southern based. If notts or chesterfield go up we lose one of our “ close” games. Some horrendous trips to Dover, Weymouth and the like.
Logged Offline
Private Message
HertsGTFC
April 3, 2021, 9:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Hagrid
Looking at it last night, it is so southern based. If notts or chesterfield go up we lose one of our “ close” games. Some horrendous trips to Dover, Weymouth and the like.

I doubt we’ll be going to Dover once the NL have finished with them they’ll be playing on a Sunday morning in the local park.

Let’s just hope Weymouth is in August or at the end of the season.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 54
barralad
April 3, 2021, 11:06am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Kings Lynn (if they stay up) will be a good away day.
Never been to Wealdstone.

Halifax stands out of the Northern games and Chesterfield is always a good one.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 54
Poojah
April 3, 2021, 11:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,533
Gold Stars: 1,500
Looking at the current table, all sides from 12 down are south of Birmingham, with the exception of Kings Lynn which may as well be in terms of convenience.

That said, there are still some decent away days in there if you manage to pair up with nearby major cities.

- Halifax via Leeds
- Stockport and Altrincham via Manchester
- Solihull via Birmingham
- Barnet, Boreham Wood, Dagenham and Bromley via central London

On top of that, Notts County is of course already in Nottingham and the likes of Chesterfield and Hartlepool aren’t too hard to get to, assuming none of them go up. As divisions go, it’s probably more interesting than League Two has been the last couple of years.

Look, the last 12 months have been exhausting from both a GTFC perspective and every day life, and it’s an absolute travesty that in all likelihood we’re going to be playing non-league football once more.

But once things have improved sufficiently and it’s time to go back to games, I intend to do as many away trips as humanly possible. Having spent every Saturday for a year with the wife and kids for a year I absolutely need it.

And boy, I don’t care if he (or she, in these modern times) awards us six penalties and a dodgy goal, the referee in that first game is going to be getting some “fúcks” and “cùnts” from me - a year or so’s pent up stress and frustration released in a single, purple faced burst.

Whatever tinpot league we’re in, I can’t wait.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 54
HertsGTFC
April 3, 2021, 11:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Poojah
Looking at the current table, all sides from 12 down are south of Birmingham, with the exception of Kings Lynn which may as well be in terms of convenience.

That said, there are still some decent away days in there if you manage to pair up with nearby major cities.

- Halifax via Leeds
- Stockport and Altrincham via Manchester
- Solihull via Birmingham
- Barnet, Boreham Wood, Dagenham and Bromley via central London

On top of that, Notts County is of course already in Nottingham and the likes of Chesterfield and Hartlepool aren’t too hard to get to, assuming none of them go up. As divisions go, it’s probably more interesting than League Two has been the last couple of years.

Look, the last 12 months have been exhausting from both a GTFC perspective and every day life, and it’s an absolute travesty that in all likelihood we’re going to be playing non-league football once more.

But once things have improved sufficiently and it’s time to go back to games, I intend to do as many away trips as humanly possible. Having spent every Saturday for a year with the wife and kids for a year I absolutely need it.

And boy, I don’t care if he (or she, in these modern times) awards us six penalties and a dodgy goal, the referee in that first game is going to be getting some “fúcks” and “cùnts” from me - a year or so’s pent up stress and frustration released in a single, purple faced burst.

Whatever tinpot league we’re in, I can’t wait.

Add Wealdstone to your Central London list, let’s hope Torquay if not promoted is when the weather is decent.

I know it’s a bit tenuous but a night out in Central Birmingham after a visit to Solihull would be worth a trip.

Let’s hope the evening games are the crap away trips.

Like us all I want to be in the EFL but if it’s the NL I intend to enjoy it as best I can after all this time without attending a game.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 54
buckstown
April 3, 2021, 11:39am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,180
Gold Stars: 79
Well if it's predominantly southern based that's the best news I've had for the last 12 months.
Straws clutched a speciality
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 54
lukeo
April 3, 2021, 12:18pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Shame it's not south west based 😂
Although I doo have 3 trips in Weymouth, Yeovil and Torquay 😎
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 54
denni266
April 3, 2021, 1:49pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +704
Gold Stars: 132
None at all if fenty still has anything to do with the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 54
ginnywings
April 3, 2021, 1:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Weymouth is in beautiful Dorset, one of my favourite counties. Bloody long drive though.

I hated non league last time and not looking forward to it at all. Never imagined we would be going back so soon. Gutted!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 54
devs
April 3, 2021, 2:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,987
Gold Stars: 30
GTFC beat Cheltenham
Barrow beat Colchester
4pts
Game in hand
Believe!

Crazy talk.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 54
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trips in The National League

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.