barralad
March 27, 2021, 9:06am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Humbercod

I wouldn’t put Hull or Lincoln down has being a large city so that leaves only leave Sheffield. But do enlighten me to the no go non ethnic Area’s that YOU implied.

Hull has a population of just over 300,000- Newcastle's is for sake of comparison 320,000.
My job took me into parts of the North Hull Estate where you wouldnt go alone-particularly after dark.
Hull's ethnicity is close to 90% white British.
I was also based in Belle Isle in Leeds-another area with over 90% British white ethnicity but sadly beset by huge problems with drugs and unemployment.
The whole point of this reply is to show that your reaction is lazy, triggered stereotyping. The problems in cities particularly in the north are a direct result of central government policies particularly those relating to local authority funding and the care sector.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 46
Humbercod
March 27, 2021, 9:37am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from barralad

You said WHITE!!!!

Hull has a population of just over 300,000- Newcastle's is for sake of comparison 320,000.
My job took me into parts of the North Hull Estate where you wouldnt go alone-particularly after dark.
Hull's ethnicity is close to 90% white British.
I was also based in Belle Isle in Leeds-another area with over 90% British white ethnicity but sadly beset by huge problems with drugs and unemployment.
The whole point of this reply is to show that your reaction is lazy, triggered stereotyping. The problems in cities particularly in the north are a direct result of central government policies particularly those relating to local authority funding and the care sector.

Hulls population is 250,000 not large by city status!
Hulls Metropolitan area population doesn’t even make the top 20 where as Newcastle is ranked 6th.
I worked in Hull for 3 years around 20 years ago I take it you’re talking about the Bransholme estate? I’d heard the rumours about the area before working there and I can honestly say it’s a load of bollox. It’s basically a larger version of the Nunny absolutely no areas or streets are classed as unsafe. There is some great people living there but like every estate there’s a handful of problem families.
I’ve also worked Leeds, Bradford, Halifax, all around West Yorkshire really, going into Burnley and Blackburn on occasions, Chapel Town and Meanwood were certainly rough in Leeds and once I got stopped by the police in Meanwood late one night, I was told by the police that it wasn’t safe to even be driving around there.
You talk about stereotyping but the facts remain every so called no go area I’ve encountered in my real life experience has a common denominator, you can sugar coat it as much as you want but it’s basically denialism.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 46
Sandford1981
March 27, 2021, 9:52am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Humbercod

Pal you’re thick as excrement I never said their was!

Chiangmaimariner, I owe you an apology. I am sorry.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 46
Humbercod
March 27, 2021, 10:21am
Cocktail Drinker
Grammar police alert! Great input👏
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 46
barralad
March 27, 2021, 10:25am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Humbercod

Hulls population is 250,000 not large by city status!
Hulls Metropolitan area population doesn’t even make the top 20 where as Newcastle is ranked 6th.
I worked in Hull for 3 years around 20 years ago I take it you’re talking about the Bransholme estate? I’d heard the rumours about the area before working there and I can honestly say it’s a load of bollox. It’s basically a larger version of the Nunny absolutely no areas or streets are classed as unsafe. There is some great people living there but like every estate there’s a handful of problem families.
I’ve also worked Leeds, Bradford, Halifax, all around West Yorkshire really, going into Burnley and Blackburn on occasions, Chapel Town and Meanwood were certainly rough in Leeds and once I got stopped by the police in Meanwood late one night, I was told by the police that it wasn’t safe to even be driving around there.
You talk about stereotyping but the facts remain every so called no go area I’ve encountered in my real life experience has a common denominator, you can sugar coat it as much as you want but it’s basically denialism.

If I was talking about Bransholme I would have said Bransholme. Try reading before your eyeballs bulge out of your  head.
NORTH HULL ESTATE.
Every no go area I've encountered does have a common denominator-well certainly since 2010. They are all victims of Tory government policies.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 46
Sandford1981
March 27, 2021, 10:28am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod
Grammar police alert! Great input👏

Do you not see the humour in telling someone they are thick as pig excrement, whilst using incorrect grammar?

Private Message
Reply: 35 - 46
Humbercod
March 27, 2021, 12:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981

Do you not see the humour in telling someone they are thick as pig excrement, whilst using incorrect grammar?

Out of all the cranks, trolls, and nutters on social media the Grammer police have got to be ranked as one of the saddest, but fair point...👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 46
Sandford1981
March 27, 2021, 1:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

Out of all the cranks, trolls, and nutters on social media the Grammer police have got to be ranked as one of the saddest, but fair point...👍

My point was one intended with humour. I’m the last person to be lecturing anyone on grammar.
Besides we disagree on most things, but grammar doesn’t need to be one of them.

Private Message
Reply: 37 - 46
Humbercod
March 27, 2021, 1:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
It’s good to disagree Sandford no problem with that I’m usually in disagreement on many subjects due to the political make up of this forums posters. And to be fair I did find your post humorous but a bit of a cheap shot considering it was -
A. Your first input on the topic of conversation.
B. That fact I was already in a minority of 1 you still felt the need to pick up your pitchfork (metaphorically speaking) and join the attack for what... a typo error.

Anyway no offence taken as I gauge that you and the rest of the posters are generally good people.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 46
codcheeky
March 27, 2021, 2:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Humbercod
It’s good to disagree Sandford no problem with that I’m usually in disagreement on many subjects due to the political make up of this forums posters. And to be fair I did find your post humorous but a bit of a cheap shot considering it was -
A. Your first input on the topic of conversation.
B. That fact I was already in a minority of 1 you still felt the need to pick up your pitchfork (metaphorically speaking) and join the attack for what... a typo error.

Anyway no offence taken as I gauge that you and the rest of the posters are generally good people.

Not really a typo, however it’s ok to make mistakes but a bit rich and incredibly stupid when denigrating others has thick has excrement
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Nominative determinism

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.