Humbercod
March 26, 2021, 10:55am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from codcheeky

They have the choice leave if they want, selling your property here will give you enough capital to relocate anywhere with cash to spare, but they probably won't because London is fantastic, the history, the culture, the opportunities are the best in the world,  it's more than a little ironic calling one of the world's greatest  cities a shithole, I love my own town but I am pretty embarrassed every time I come back into Town down the A180 and along Cleethorpe Road

Hard to leave a well paid job. You talk about history whilst Khan is busy choosing which statues need to be brought down, which street names need to be changed, as for culture leaving the tourist traps aside you talking about pre- 2000 multiculturalism?  
Total failure according to New Labour!

Opportunities in Khans London are great unless you happen to be white as diversity trumps merit in Khans London.
It’s nice you think of your own town as being a shithole, but at least we don’t have no go areas, plus you’re statistically less likely to suffer violent crime being murdered or raped.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 46
codcheeky
March 26, 2021, 11:18am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Humbercod

Hard to leave a well paid job. You talk about history whilst Khan is busy choosing which statues need to be brought down, which street names need to be changed, as for culture leaving the tourist traps aside you talking about pre- 2000 multiculturalism?  
Total failure according to New Labour!

Opportunities in Khans London are great unless you happen to be white as diversity trumps merit in Khans London.
It’s nice you think of your own town as being a shithole, but at least we don’t have no go areas, plus you’re statistically less likely to suffer violent crime being murdered or raped.

Are your friends and relatives black or asian? They can't possibly have well paid job if they are white, surely the dreadful risks would make them want to move? Of course not, when you move from Grimsby you realise just how far it has been left behind
Most of us embrace the vibrant multicultural society here, we are all humans after all,
I don't know where you get your statistics from (I am sure you haven't just made them up) but I feel much safer walking the streets here , you can pretend it's peaceful at closing time in Grimsby town centre or along the sea front my experience is not that. I think most would agree Grimsby is a pretty rough town, I have never been to a no go area here and would struggle to think of one
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 46
ska face
March 26, 2021, 11:53am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,611
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from Humbercod

You do know the demographics amounts to much more than just skin colour.

Khan - London born, second generation migrant, middle-aged BME man, father was a bus driver, state educated, worked manual jobs then worked in law before politics.

Bailey - London born, second generation migrant, middle-aged BME man, father was a lorry driver, state educated, worked manual jobs then worked in the charity sector before politics.

So what “demographic issues” mean Londoners vote for Khan rather than Bailey. Think we all know what you were getting at...
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 46
DB
March 26, 2021, 12:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from codcheeky

Are your friends and relatives black or asian? They can't possibly have well paid job if they are white, surely the dreadful risks would make them want to move? Of course not, when you move from Grimsby you realise just how far it has been left behind
Most of us embrace the vibrant multicultural society here, we are all the humans after all,
I don't know where you get your statistics from (I am sure you haven't just made them up) but I feel much safer walking the streets here , you can pretend it's peaceful at closing time in Grimsby town centre or along the sea front my experience is not that. I think most would agree Grimsby is a pretty rough town, I have never been to a no go area here and would struggle to think of one

Let me help.

I went to an area north of Croyden, I've forgotten the name of it but wouldn't want to be there after nightfall. As I recall it was either 2/3 storey flats, unpainted for years. The car park area had several burnt-out rusting vehicles and all garages seemed to be used as lock-ups with several locks, the original fitted ones had been broken.

I then went a couple of streets away to witness the same thing. I was not happy, felt intimidated by the surroundings and, although the people I met were very nice, I couldn't wait to be on my home.

Regarding Cleethorpes seafront any time day or night I have seen rusting burnt-out vehicles. Multi-cultural is a nice word and I have lived next door to people whose origins were from Pakistan, Italy, and the Caribean with no problems. Baring one, my GP's come from none white backgrounds and I don't have a problem with that.

I do have a problem with your multicultural description though. A few years ago I was parked up in north London near a tube/rail station for about 4 hours. I saw many people of various nationalities apart from one. Skin tones, vocabulary, etc all show their ethnicity apart from this one nationality.

White English/British speaking our national language in any dialect you like. So my conclusion is that London is not multicultural, is not safe and apart from touristy areas best-avoided all cost.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 46
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
March 26, 2021, 4:30pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Wow DB just wow.

You just said that you saw many different nationalities, ethnicities and skin tones but because you didn't see a white person speaking English that means London is not multicultural. Surely that means it is. If I walk through Grimsby I don't see many different nationalities, ethnicities or skin tones but that is because Grimsby is the antithesis of multicultural.

As for the safety bit, well my mother lived in Croydon for 15 years and we visited her on numerous occasions. We often got the Tram to the Wandle Park stop, which was nearest to her house, late at night and we walked to her house without ever feeling intimidated or unsafe. I think the comment about Cleethorpes seafront was supposed to focus on the drunken thugs who seem to pour out of Cleethorpes many hostelries at night and can be very intimidating. I don't think there was supposed to be a comparison with Beirut.

You sound like the sort of bloke who has a black friend and so isn't a racist. What would that middle eastern jewish gentleman think?

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 46
DB
March 26, 2021, 4:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
PEACE

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 46
Humbercod
March 26, 2021, 4:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
I used to go down and work in London every winter to help with the workload for a National company, I would usually work until 10pm and the jobs would be sent electronically. Highlighted with these jobs would be postcodes where you do not attend alone! The local guys I spoke to who would work through the night shift said all jobs would tend to be a 2 man visit.

I’ve worked in other of the big city’s Birmingham, Manchester etc, and although a there’s a few dodgy areas there’s nothing like London.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 46
Humbercod
March 26, 2021, 5:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Wow DB just wow.

You just said that you saw many different nationalities, ethnicities and skin tones but because you didn't see a white person speaking English that means London is not multicultural. Surely that means it is.

It certainly is and some people celebrate this!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 46
barralad
March 26, 2021, 5:38pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Humbercod
I used to go down and work in London every winter to help with the workload for a National company, I would usually work until 10pm and the jobs would be sent electronically. Highlighted with these jobs would be postcodes where you do not attend alone! The local guys I spoke to who would work through the night shift said all jobs would tend to be a 2 man visit.

I’ve worked in other of the big city’s Birmingham, Manchester etc, and although a there’s a few dodgy areas there’s nothing like London.

I've worked in several large cities in the North including the one closest to Grimsby and I can assure you that so called no-go areas are not just the territory of people from ethnic minority backgrounds.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 46
Humbercod
March 26, 2021, 6:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from barralad

I've worked in several large cities in the North including the one closest to Grimsby and I can assure you that so called no-go areas are not just the territory of people from ethnic minority backgrounds.

I’m sure you can, I know Sheffield quite well, interested to know which white area is a no go area? I’m intrigued.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Nominative determinism

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.