Sandford1981
March 27, 2021, 2:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Humbercod

And to be fair I did find your post humorous but a bit of a cheap shot considering it was -
A. Your first input on the topic of conversation.
B. That fact I was already in a minority of 1 you still felt the need to pick up your pitchfork (metaphorically speaking) and join the attack for what... a typo error.

It was absolutely a cheap shot, but it was as much a poke at myself for having a previous pop at Chiangmaimariner for the same thing. Every day is a school day as they say and I learnt my lesson.

As far being in a minority-I didn’t give it much thought truth be told and perhaps that is something for me to think about, though normally you seem to revel in that scenario 😉.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 46
Humbercod
March 27, 2021, 2:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from codcheeky

Not really a typo, however it’s ok to make mistakes but a bit rich and incredibly stupid when denigrating others has thick has excrement

Denigrating others!! Am I not allowed to defend myself against someone who had totally misjudged my post!l. Still awaiting  an apology!
We’re I do agree with Chrislober is when he talked about  diverse and multi-ethnic community absolutely spot on! no problem with this as a community united with shared values then this is we’re we should be.
But as for multiculturalism which goes totally against shared values then I’m vehemently against, but if that makes me a racist according to Kingston Commie then I will die die by my sword.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
March 27, 2021, 2:35pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
I'm still trying to work out how multiculturalism goes against shared values?

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 46
Humbercod
March 27, 2021, 2:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
I'm still trying to work out how multiculturalism goes against shared values?

Bloody hell just look at what’s happening in Batley? Freedom of speach for a start is pivotal to shared values.

But then I fully expect the lefty’s on here to be on the side of the intolerant Mob.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 46
aldi_01
March 27, 2021, 2:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Comedy gold this...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
March 27, 2021, 3:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Quoted from Humbercod

Bloody hell just look at what’s happening in Batley? Freedom of speach for a start is pivotal to shared values.

But then I fully expect the lefty’s on here to be on the side of the intolerant Mob.

They are monoculturalists. They're from one particular culture and only want their culture recognised and do not care that there are other cultures involved. So they are monoculturalists living in a town were there is more than one culture. They are not multicultural because they believe in the exclusivity of one culture.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 46
Humbercod
March 28, 2021, 12:54pm
Cocktail Drinker

They are monoculturalists. They're from one particular culture and only want their culture recognised and do not care that there are other cultures involved. So they are monoculturalists living in a town were there is more than one culture. They are not multicultural because they believe in the exclusivity of one culture.

And therein lies the problem. It’s a bit like some of our expats (not all) on a very smaller scale, that have no real interest in the local customs and cultures, and certainly don’t want to bother learning the language. As the community grows it becomes a mini UK and any chance to assimilate disappears.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Nominative determinism

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.