5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
March 7, 2021, 1:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.57
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,831
Gold Stars: 382
Although I know I will be positive and optimistic about the Carlisle game I have to realistic and face the facts that relegation is staring us in the face. So plan A is not working, it doesn't look like survival is going to happen so I began to think about plan B.

Then to me a penny dropped. Is plan A still on course for the consortium?

To help those who like to red cross me without reading here's some help XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

For those others I would you like to think about a question I asked on another thread. Who employed Hurst? Their is no love between Fenty and Hurst so it must have been the consortium, and why no other applicants. It was a closed shop, or if somebody knows name some names of managers who didn't get the job. Why did the consortium want Hurst and why did he come to a club he described as in a mess.

As somebody posted weeks ago, when I was pillared for querying what the consortium was going to do, the consortium are intelligent business men. They obviously wanted Hurst who is very experienced at NL level. So did they already know/realise that the takeover would not be completed before mid March at the earliest and perhaps, just perhaps, Hurst had told them their was no chance of Town staying up! Remember Hurst said the club was in a mess, which wouldn't bode confidence in the squad he inherited. Hurst is given an 18 month contract to cover this period, otherwise these intelligent business men would fire a manager, be it football or otherwise, if he didn't deliver on his promises.

I would like to think I am wrong but too many things are happening along these lines. Is Hurst slowly preparing for the NL and has that been the aim all the time. Now nobody is going to come out in the open and say it are they. Look at the signings Hurst has made, with the exception of JLL the rest all terminate in the summer with a host of others. Team rebuilding starts then in the NL and it looks around JLL.

Like every fan I want Town to stay up but it certainly looks like plan A is going along nicely.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
arryarryarry
March 7, 2021, 1:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,927
Gold Stars: 112
I believe that one of the consortium has stated on twitter that PH is going no where.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 42
DB
March 7, 2021, 1:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.57
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,831
Gold Stars: 382
Quoted from arryarryarry
I believe that one of the consortium has stated on twitter that PH is going no where.

I don't do any social media but you have confirmed my suspicions

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 42
HertsGTFC
March 7, 2021, 1:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,555
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from DB
Although I know I will be positive and optimistic about the Carlisle game I have to realistic and face the facts that relegation is staring us in the face. So plan A is not working, it doesn't look like survival is going to happen so I began to think about plan B.

To help those who like to red cross me without reading here's some help XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

For those others I would you like to think about a question I asked on another thread. Who employed Hurst? Their is no love between Fenty and Hurst so it must have been the consortium, and why no other applicants. It was a closed shop, or if somebody knows name some names of managers who didn't get the job. Why did the consortium want Hurst and why did he come to a club he described as in a mess.

As somebody posted weeks ago, when I was pillared for querying what the consortium was going to do, the consortium are intelligent business men. They obviously wanted Hurst who is very experienced at NL level. So did they already know/realise that the takeover would not be completed before mid March at the earliest and perhaps, just perhaps, Hurst had told them their was no chance of Town staying up! Remember Hurst said the club was in a mess, which wouldn't bode confidence in the squad he inherited. Hurst is given an 18 month contract to cover this period, otherwise these intelligent business men would fire a manager, be it football or otherwise, if he didn't deliver on his promises.

I would like to think I am wrong but too many things are happening along these lines. Is Hurst slowly preparing for the NL and has that been the aim all the time. Now nobody is going to come out in the open and say it are they. Look at the signings Hurst has made, with the exception of JLL the rest all terminate in the summer with a host of others. Team rebuilding starts then in the NL and it looks around JLL.

Like every fan I want Town to stay up but it certainly looks like plan A is going along nicely.

He’s not prepping for the National League he’s just trying to work with what he’s got to keep us up at the moment. He’s made some odd calls but he’s only focussed on one thing for sure. That’s your plan A.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 42
Northbank Mariner
March 7, 2021, 1:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,380
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from arryarryarry

Jason Stockwood openly supported Hurst last weekend on Twitter..could be the dreaded vote of confidence..who knows.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 42
HertsGTFC
March 7, 2021, 1:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,555
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from DB

He’s not prepping for the National League he’s just trying to work with what he’s got to keep us up at the moment. He’s made some odd calls but he’s only focussed on one thing for sure. That’s your plan A.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 42
GG
March 7, 2021, 1:44pm
Folkestone Mariner
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +5 / -3
Approval: +103
Gold Stars: 5
Completely plausible and I believe that is the Plan B, it has to be. They're not going to throw all their eggs into one basket, which is Plan A - to stay up -, because we will be in even more of a mess if it does go wrong and we end up being relegated - which looks more than likely now.

Exiled Mariner in Folkestone.
[url=http://twitter.com/GaryJJSpate]Twitter?[/url]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 42
grimsby pete
March 7, 2021, 1:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
Jason Stockwood is a big town fan and wants the best for the club.

Unlike Fent y who said he loved the club but his main object each season was to take money out.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 42
LouthMariner
March 7, 2021, 2:05pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +104
Gold Stars: 3
I don't think the club has set up to be relegated, but there will certainly be a plan B, there has to be in business. I think Hurst was employed due to what he did with Shrewsbury when they were down the bottom, plus that he knows how to get out of non league if it were to happen. The investors knew the club is in disarray and there was always the chance we could go down.

Is Hurst the right man? I thought he was, not so sure at the moment but yesterday was better. But if we do get relegated then maybe Hurst will be the right person. Someone who knows what is needed to get out the league, it took him 2 years last time to figure it out. This time, with more financial backing, it may not take as long. But we are staying up though  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 42
Zmariner
March 7, 2021, 2:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,062
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from DB

You are a bit mad but I love your energy and enthusiasm. Probably better applied to something that deserves it

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 42
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Plan B

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.