5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
March 7, 2021, 2:17pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from LouthMariner
I don't think the club has set up to be relegated, but there will certainly be a plan B, there has to be in business. I think Hurst was employed due to what he did with Shrewsbury when they were down the bottom, plus that he knows how to get out of non league if it were to happen. The investors knew the club is in disarray and there was always the chance we could go down.

Is Hurst the right man? I thought he was, not so sure at the moment but yesterday was better. But if we do get relegated then maybe Hurst will be the right person. Someone who knows what is needed to get out the league, it took him 2   6 years last time to figure it out. This time, with more financial backing, it may not take as long. But we are staying up though  

Corrected for you  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 42
TownSNAFU5
March 7, 2021, 2:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,860
Gold Stars: 42
Roy Keane quoted today saying that SAF would not have played for a draw at Chelsea last weekend. He would have gone for the win. Even putting Giggs on at LB if necessary to get as many attacking players on the pitch as possible.

Hurst does the opposite - and we lose.  Plan not working.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 42
GG
March 7, 2021, 2:18pm
Folkestone Mariner
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +5 / -3
Approval: +103
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from promotion plaice

Corrected for you  

To be fair you can minus the years Shouty was here, he was more of a hindrance.

Exiled Mariner in Folkestone.
[url=http://twitter.com/GaryJJSpate]Twitter?[/url]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 42
moosey_club
March 7, 2021, 2:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 224
Hurst is Plan B isnt he ?

So technically we should be referring to Plan C as the next plan

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 42
promotion plaice
March 7, 2021, 2:22pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from moosey_club
Hurst is Plan B isnt he ?

So technically we should be referring to Plan C as the next plan

Anyone know what plan F is ?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 42
GG
March 7, 2021, 2:24pm
Folkestone Mariner
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +5 / -3
Approval: +103
Gold Stars: 5
We've been in Plan F since 29th July 2004.

Exiled Mariner in Folkestone.
[url=http://twitter.com/GaryJJSpate]Twitter?[/url]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 42
DB
March 7, 2021, 2:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,973
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from HertsGTFC

He’s not prepping for the National League he’s just trying to work with what he’s got to keep us up at the moment. He’s made some odd calls but he’s only focussed on one thing for sure. That’s your plan A.

His players, 10 games, 1 win, 1 draw and 4 points. Whatever you think his plan is it's not working.  I'm probably the most positive optimist on here, and it's a win at Carlisle for me, but there has to be a hidden agenda that we're not told about.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 42
DB
March 7, 2021, 2:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker

rhymes  with luck all

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 42
Humbercod
March 7, 2021, 3:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from DB
Although I know I will be positive and optimistic about the Carlisle game I have to realistic and face the facts that relegation is staring us in the face. So plan A is not working, it doesn't look like survival is going to happen so I began to think about plan B.

Then to me a penny dropped. Is plan A still on course for the consortium?

To help those who like to red cross me without reading here's some help XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

For those others I would you like to think about a question I asked on another thread. Who employed Hurst? Their is no love between Fenty and Hurst so it must have been the consortium, and why no other applicants. It was a closed shop, or if somebody knows name some names of managers who didn't get the job. Why did the consortium want Hurst and why did he come to a club he described as in a mess.

As somebody posted weeks ago, when I was pillared for querying what the consortium was going to do, the consortium are intelligent business men. They obviously wanted Hurst who is very experienced at NL level. So did they already know/realise that the takeover would not be completed before mid March at the earliest and perhaps, just perhaps, Hurst had told them their was no chance of Town staying up! Remember Hurst said the club was in a mess, which wouldn't bode confidence in the squad he inherited. Hurst is given an 18 month contract to cover this period, otherwise these intelligent business men would fire a manager, be it football or otherwise, if he didn't deliver on his promises.

I would like to think I am wrong but too many things are happening along these lines. Is Hurst slowly preparing for the NL and has that been the aim all the time. Now nobody is going to come out in the open and say it are they. Look at the signings Hurst has made, with the exception of JLL the rest all terminate in the summer with a host of others. Team rebuilding starts then in the NL and it looks around JLL.

Like every fan I want Town to stay up but it certainly looks like plan A is going along nicely.

Are you into conspiracy theories by any chance DB?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 42
DB
March 7, 2021, 3:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

Are you into conspiracy theories by any chance DB?

Not at all, but that's all I'm left with. Apply what logic you like to the current situation and as the saying goes it defies logic.

On the pitch no sensible tactics, take attacking midfielder off and bring on a full back who's been crap. Bring on Green who hasn't played in the first team for weeks. Play a 10 man defence and it's not working.

Look at what's happening in the boardroom, nothing. What do the consortium say, nothing.

Nothing is happening, so what are you left with?

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Plan B

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.