pontoonlew
March 6, 2021, 7:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,023
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from ginnywings

Your posts always seem to smack of holier than thou and you put yourself aside from "our fans" as if you know everything and no-one else knows anything. Phrases like "our fans celebrated" and "you're being reminded now" with the best of the bunch being "the happy clappers absolutely deserve that fate".

Most of your posts have the same knowing tone and it's fooking annoying.

The football may have been sh1te under Hurst, but the results were consistent, so he seemed the right fit. It's not worked and it's bad enough that peoples hopes are being dashed, without the "I told you so" posters being all smug about it.

Aye, and the posts 6 months before my own smack of ‘holier than thou’ and it’s absolutely infuriating to see those same people changing their minds after it was staring them in the face before. So many fans opinions are snuffed as negative and they turn out to be correct time & time again.

On top of that, the football (and tactics) were shite under Hurst and cost us promotion for years, now it’s costing us relegation, it’s playing out EXACTLY the same but with much more dire consequences. It wasn’t hard to see coming, you just needed to take off the Rose tinted specs for a second.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 35
ginnywings
March 6, 2021, 10:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from pontoonlew

Aye, and the posts 6 months before my own smack of ‘holier than thou’ and it’s absolutely infuriating to see those same people changing their minds after it was staring them in the face before. So many fans opinions are snuffed as negative and they turn out to be correct time & time again.

On top of that, the football (and tactics) were shite under Hurst and cost us promotion for years, now it’s costing us relegation, it’s playing out EXACTLY the same but with much more dire consequences. It wasn’t hard to see coming, you just needed to take off the Rose tinted specs for a second.

But you are missing the point. Fans opinions don't matter; fans opinions don't win or lose games. Someone has to make a decision about who to appoint when we need a new manager and there was Hurst with a track record at the club for winning more than he loses; with a track record of saving a club in similar circumstances. Someone who could step in and hit the ground running without the need for the getting to know you bit.

You can shout from the rooftops how you are cleverer than the "rose tinted" fans and you knew EXACTLY what would happen, only you didn't know, you had an opinion and one which seems to be holding sway at the moment, but you don't have to be so fooking triumphant about it.

It matters not, what opinion fans had 6 months ago, yet you find it "infuriating when it was staring them in the face". Firstly, it wasn't staring everyone in the face, because nobody knows for sure what's going to happen and secondly we cannot do anything about it anyway. It's others who make the decisions and we as fans have to hope the right ones are made. Saying " I told you so" is just wasted breath.

Anyway, it's just fooking footy at the end of the day. People are dying in droves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 35
Zmariner
March 6, 2021, 11:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from ginnywings

But you are missing the point. Fans opinions don't matter; fans opinions don't win or lose games. Someone has to make a decision about who to appoint when we need a new manager and there was Hurst with a track record at the club for winning more than he loses; with a track record of saving a club in similar circumstances. Someone who could step in and hit the ground running without the need for the getting to know you bit.

You can shout from the rooftops how you are cleverer than the "rose tinted" fans and you knew EXACTLY what would happen, only you didn't know, you had an opinion and one which seems to be holding sway at the moment, but you don't have to be so fooking triumphant about it.

It matters not, what opinion fans had 6 months ago, yet you find it "infuriating when it was staring them in the face". Firstly, it wasn't staring everyone in the face, because nobody knows for sure what's going to happen and secondly we cannot do anything about it anyway. It's others who make the decisions and we as fans have to hope the right ones are made. Saying " I told you so" is just wasted breath.

Anyway, it's just fooking footy at the end of the day. People are dying in droves.

Absolutely agreed with all of this and especially the last bit. We are all town nuts But there has to be some perspective here. I honestly think Hurst is trying his best, equally I completely agree that he is doing an abysmal job in a results business. I would definitely keep him till the end of the season. If the form and the performances continue in the same vein he will have to go that is clear and an already alienated fan base will desert in even greater numbers
Watching us lose at home it’s like water off a ducks back to me now, I am absolutely accustomed to pitiful performances and Failure but this is failure that I cannot control and therefore I have absolutely no responsibility for it and this is the point. In an earlier thread somebody said That we have an emotional attachment to something that we have no control over. The point is that this team that we are attached to is absolutely useless but we did not create it And are not responsible for it
utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 35
pontoonlew
March 7, 2021, 9:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,023
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from ginnywings

Take your point, it’s all part of the frustration at the current situation and watching history repeat itself in more ways than one (relegation but watching Hurst make the same mistakes that caused the divide in opinion last time). I’ve no doubt that the fans aren’t the ones who need the frustration directed at, unfortunately there’s nowhere else to vent at the moment. A fact Hurst and the players ought to be delighted at.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 35
ginnywings
March 7, 2021, 11:11am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
I'm no fan of PH and am as p1ssed off as anyone watching us desperately trying to function like a proper football team, without success.

I thought he would have had us picking a few points by now but it seems beyond us at the moment.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 35
arryarryarry
March 7, 2021, 11:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Zmariner

Absolutely agreed with all of this and especially the last bit. We are all town nuts But there has to be some perspective here. I honestly think Hurst is trying his best, equally I completely agree that he is doing an abysmal job in a results business. I would definitely keep him till the end of the season. If the form and the performances continue in the same vein he will have to go that is clear and an already alienated fan base will desert in even greater numbers
Watching us lose at home it’s like water off a ducks back to me now, I am absolutely accustomed to pitiful performances and Failure but this is failure that I cannot control and therefore I have absolutely no responsibility for it and this is the point. In an earlier thread somebody said That we have an emotional attachment to something that we have no control over. The point is that this team that we are attached to is absolutely useless but we did not create it And are not responsible for it
utm

I don't understand why you would want Hurst to stay yet get rid at the end of the season if we continue being shite. Surely it would be best if a new manager came in so he could assess the current shower and also if accepting we are going down, be looking for players to build a squad that will hopefully challenge for promotion at the first attempt otherwise giving any new manager a much shorter time to do that.

Private Message
Reply: 35 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Won 1 Drawn 1 Lost 8

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.