4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
March 6, 2021, 5:13pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,510
Gold Stars: 215
For context, both Mike Newell and Neil Woods picked up 7 points from their first 10 games.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 35
grimps
March 6, 2021, 5:15pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 46
Other teams make changes as soon as they concede , we waited until the 75th minute .
Losing 2-1 or 5-1 doesn’t make a difference in our position with our goal difference .
I never liked Hurst when we was none league and thought he was given too much time.
I wouldn’t have the patience to wait six years for a promotion if we’re out the league again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 35
RonMariner
March 6, 2021, 5:17pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,535
Gold Stars: 224
5 points adrift of safety with a massively worse goal diff and no games in hand. So in reality a six point gap.

15 games to go. Anyone serious think we will win 8 of those 15?

Afraid I don't. Yet another out of form team end their bad run against us today.

Before today Newport had won only 2 of their previous 16 games. Both against us.

Stevenage, first away win in a year against us.

Scunthorpe, Port Vale, Harrogate, Orient, all on bad runs until they played us.

I could go on, but whats the point. Everywhere you look the evidence points to the same outcome.

We are going down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 35
TownSNAFU5
March 6, 2021, 5:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,841
Gold Stars: 42
New managers can work wonders. Barnsley 6 wins on the bounce.  From struggling to play-offs.

Burton further adrift than us.  Now 6 points clear of  bottom place and out of the bottom 4.

Hurst at Shrewsbury.

Grimsby - different team, same or worse results.  With hindsight, insanity to expect any difference.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 35
jaygy
March 6, 2021, 5:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
For once I agree with Tagg, Hurst played some very boring football in the national league and just managed to scrape us over the line. Many saying this summer will be a big reset for the club so we need to freshen everything up including looking forward manager wise and not backwards yet again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 35
pontoonlew
March 6, 2021, 5:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,826
Gold Stars: 167
Unfortunately our fans celebrated him being back despite it being absolutely SHITE for the majority of his time here. Everyone forgot that, you’re being reminded of it now.

Holloway was bad, Hurst is worse and he’s taking us down. Bringing Bunney on when Adams was on the bench was a flipping disgraceful decision. I would say Hurst out but what’s the point? Let’s keep him and have 6 years of his shite in Non League, most of the happy clappers absolutely deserve that fate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 35
cmackenzie4
March 6, 2021, 5:19pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
When Paul first came back my initial thought was he’s a safe pair of hands and would keep us safe and that he’s the best we could hope for after Holloway leaving, I wasn’t really keen to have him back if I’m honest but I did think he’d steady the ship,  his record is not good enough, he signed these players so the responsibility lies with him.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 35
Badger57
March 6, 2021, 5:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,894
Gold Stars: 30
I hated Hurst when he was here last time and eventually stopped going to matches until he left.
However, I was willing to accept that he was probably our best chance to avoid relegation this season. You know, I thought he might have learned a lesson or two and become a little more adventurous since he left. Or, at the very least, steady the ship. But no. Same old Hurst and the same old boring, turgid excrement but this time without a glimmer of hope. He can't fornicate off quickly enough again for me.
And I think Fenty should re-evaluate his asking price because the club just isn't worth what he wants.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 35
oochiad
March 6, 2021, 5:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,675
Gold Stars: 27
It’s not as if we can make our feelings known as we can’t attend. The whole season is just playing out and slipping away without us, absolutely nothing we can do.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 35
Yoda
March 6, 2021, 5:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
Hursts career is over he dined out on a ne season at shrewsbury for ages.

He couldn’t win the league with Amond and Boggle up front we finished fourth.

ANY other manager would of won the league by 20 points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Won 1 Drawn 1 Lost 8

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.