Stadium
March 6, 2021, 5:49pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Badger57
I hated Hurst when he was here last time and eventually stopped going to matches until he left.
However, I was willing to accept that he was probably our best chance to avoid relegation this season. You know, I thought he might have learned a lesson or two and become a little more adventurous since he left. Or, at the very least, steady the ship. But no. Same old Hurst and the same old boring, turgid excrement but this time without a glimmer of hope. He can't fornicate off quickly enough again for me.
And I think Fenty should re-evaluate his asking price because the club just isn't worth what he wants.

Interesting.
Hating a manager?
So you didnt attend at all until he left after managing to propel the club back into the football league?

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 35
sonofmadeleymariner
March 6, 2021, 5:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Negative boring football, always playing for a 1 nil win. Wasn't happy on his return can actually remember letting out an audible groan when I read it.

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, ignored the 1st few results as he brought players in and cleared some out but I can't say we've moved forward and can't see us moving forward.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 35
ginnywings
March 6, 2021, 6:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from pontoonlew
Unfortunately our fans celebrated him being back despite it being absolutely SHITE for the majority of his time here. Everyone forgot that, you’re being reminded of it now.

Holloway was bad, Hurst is worse and he’s taking us down. Bringing Bunney on when Adams was on the bench was a flipping disgraceful decision. I would say Hurst out but what’s the point? Let’s keep him and have 6 years of his shite in Non League, most of the happy clappers absolutely deserve that fate.

Your posts always seem to smack of holier than thou and you put yourself aside from "our fans" as if you know everything and no-one else knows anything. Phrases like "our fans celebrated" and "you're being reminded now" with the best of the bunch being "the happy clappers absolutely deserve that fate".

Most of your posts have the same knowing tone and it's fooking annoying.

The football may have been sh1te under Hurst, but the results were consistent, so he seemed the right fit. It's not worked and it's bad enough that peoples hopes are being dashed, without the "I told you so" posters being all smug about it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 35
GrimRob
March 6, 2021, 6:27pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
The results have started to become irrelevant so changing the manager now is a bit pointless. He might as well be given the chance to work with the squad he's got for the remaining weeks and make a decision then.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 35
psgmariner
March 6, 2021, 6:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from GrimRob
The results have started to become irrelevant so changing the manager now is a bit pointless. He might as well be given the chance to work with the squad he's got for the remaining weeks and make a decision then.

Get a competent manager in now and they would have valuable time to assess the squad. It would be lovely if all those pathetic players left in the summer but unfortunately that’s not realistic so someone other than Hurst deciding who are the least useless would be a massive positive.

We appointed the wrong man.

We waited too long to sack him and stay up.

Please god act now so we start next season with half a chance.

Private Message
Reply: 24 - 35
Humbercod
March 6, 2021, 6:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
What!! He couldn’t even muster the team to have a shot on target in such a critical game without a gift from the opposition. Sat there like a sack of spuds towards the end as his team gave up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 35
Northbank Mariner
March 6, 2021, 6:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Humbercod
What!! He couldn’t even muster the team to have a shot on target in such a critical game without a gift from the opposition. Sat there like a sack of spuds towards the end as his team gave up.

Honestly, just listened to his post match interview and he sounds beaten up.
I cannot and will not accept 1 excrement on target whilst we are playing at home!..in not having the excuse of "their top of the league for a reason" after Southend put 3 past them..
Sorry but he has to go, with him in charge we won't even go down fighting, we'll just wimper off into non league...again!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 35
TownSNAFU5
March 6, 2021, 6:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,879
Gold Stars: 42
Talking to a Liverpool fan.  He said that buying and not trusting/ playing young CBs was one main problem.  Putting key midfielders there, in unfamiliar roles, was another critical error.  Weakening the strong midfield was the final grave mistake.  No protection for the defence.

Town end up with same outcomes through different routes.  Our midfield do not create, do not support the forwards, do not score goals and do not provide cover to the CBs. Not much leadership and not always working 100%.

Apart from that they are ok.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 35
DB
March 6, 2021, 7:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.48
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,002
Gold Stars: 386
I have 3 questions about Hurst's appointment.
Who appointed him, Fenty, the consortium or both?
Was the job advertised
Were their any other applicants, or managers interested.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 35
Plankton
March 6, 2021, 7:19pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,213
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from ginnywings

Your posts always seem to smack of holier than thou and you put yourself aside from "our fans" as if you know everything and no-one else knows anything. Phrases like "our fans celebrated" and "you're being reminded now" with the best of the bunch being "the happy clappers absolutely deserve that fate".

Most of your posts have the same knowing tone and it's fooking annoying.

The football may have been sh1te under Hurst, but the results were consistent, so he seemed the right fit. It's not worked and it's bad enough that peoples hopes are being dashed, without the "I told you so" posters being all smug about it.

With respect, I am not sure the defence you're going with holds water. The fit wasn't right because of those reasons and the only way it worked before was because we was in a lower league with a much better side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Won 1 Drawn 1 Lost 8

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.