Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › We’re supposed to be supporters
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 198 Guests

We’re supposed to be supporters

This thread currently has 5,706 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Epworth Mariner
March 4, 2021, 1:26pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +646
Gold Stars: 57
It’s depressing enough with the situation we are in at present but reading the Fishy these days just makes it worse!
I will no doubt be shot at dawn for this but it’s not doing any good moaning and wanting Hurst out. He’s doing his best with what he inherited ,and the new players need time to gel and deliver. We cannot keep sacking managers.......
He knows it’s not good enough,and it was plain to see he felt the pain after the Orient match.
He needs our support not constant criticism.....which is unfair. He’s no doubt feeling very down so we need to support and help.
It’s my view so I need to say it.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
lew chaterleys lover
March 4, 2021, 2:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Epworth Mariner
It’s depressing enough with the situation we are in at present but reading the Fishy these days just makes it worse!
I will no doubt be shot at dawn for this but it’s not doing any good moaning and wanting Hurst out. He’s doing his best with what he inherited ,and the new players need time to gel and deliver. We cannot keep sacking managers.......
He knows it’s not good enough,and it was plain to see he felt the pain after the Orient match.
He needs our support not constant criticism.....which is unfair. He’s no doubt feeling very down so we need to support and help.

UTM

Even Hurst would say things have not gone according to plan, so I am not sure what you expect us to say?

There is no point glossing over stuff, we are a shambles of a team playing atrocious football with players that are not motivated. If he wants to continue to manage professional clubs he will have to sort it out, at least in the sense that we go down fighting if nothing else.

Like a lot of posters GTFC is etched on my heart and I have been a fanatical supporter for 60 years, but me saying positive things on here will not make a jot of difference. Paul Hurst is well used to taking flak, as every manager is but I don't agree Hurst is doing his best. He will have to up his game considerably and get those players wanting to give everything for the cause.

I obviously want him to succeed, but if he doesn't have any answers then  we must try something different or go down with a wimper.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 43
MuddyWaters
March 4, 2021, 2:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230

UTM

Very hard to connect with management and players when you can't go to games. I've found that I'm looking at results and the table and, in general, neither squad and neither manager has been able to create any enthusiasm. It became very evident very early in the season that we were going to struggle and I'm afraid the major overhaul is unlikely to work even though I'd be ecstatic if it did.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 43
kafunanapar140909
March 4, 2021, 3:00pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +574
Gold Stars: 50
I don't agree Hurst is doing his best.

I assume, by this, you mean that he is not getting the best out of his team?

There is absolutely no evidence of his not putting in every effort to turn things around. The one thing I would never accuse PH of is a lack of effort. He put in an almighty shift to haul this club back into the FL and there is no way that he will want to see that work undone without a fight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 43
malkamalka
March 4, 2021, 3:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17

UTM

Well said - The Fishy is becoming this boring, repetitive, negative s hit show these days.

Maybe next week when the schools re-open, things will start to calm down.

The club has been in decline for twenty years, and you could bring in any Manager you want, but theyr'e not going to turn it around in 3 or 4 weeks. Look how long it's taking Manchester United and Arsenal to rebuild after years of failure.

Yes, Town might go down but they need the supporter base to play a positive role in getting back to a better future.

Moaning continuously doesn't help, it just adds to the negativity and that puts more pressure on the Manager.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 43
pontoonlew
March 4, 2021, 3:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,722
Gold Stars: 163
Fans travelled across the country pre-pandemic in their droves to support the club, much to the jealousy of most of our rivals.

Fans raised 100k to take the side up from Non League.

They also raised money for the club this summer.

They've also paid £10 a week (sometimes twice) to watch us on a laptop.

There's literally not a thing most fans will not do to 'support' the club and the majority of those things get thrown in our faces. Be that by the board or by the players themselves with half arsed performances, the result being pure devastation for the fans who have done all of the above and more over their lives to 'support' the club.

If you're happy to keep clapping your way through this then fine, the players (blindly) get my support every single week and regularly let me down. What do you want us to say? Cheers lads for wasting our time and money again, hope you enjoy your new club whilst ours gets relegated? Players will very rarely get abuse from fans, but they'll certainly be told in no uncertain terms what is and what isn't acceptable, as will the manager. If that doesn't make us supporters, then I'm not sure what else to tell you.

Also, I've seen maybe 1-2 people that want Hurst gone, 99.9% of our fanbase are nowhere near that, but he deserves the criticism for the past 2 games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 43
arryarryarry
March 4, 2021, 4:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from malkamalka

Well said - The Fishy is becoming this boring, repetitive, negative s hit show these days.

Maybe next week when the schools re-open, things will start to calm down.

The club has been in decline for twenty years, and you could bring in any Manager you want, but theyr'e not going to turn it around in 3 or 4 weeks. Look how long it's taking Manchester United and Arsenal to rebuild after years of failure.

Yes, Town might go down but they need the supporter base to play a positive role in getting back to a better future.

Moaning continuously doesn't help, it just adds to the negativity and that puts more pressure on the Manager.

So has the team, performances and results or don't you watch the games?

Burton sacked their manager and he has turned them around, Colchester hadn't won for weeks, they sacked their manager and won this week, same for Leyton Orient.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 43
DB
March 4, 2021, 5:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,874
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from arryarryarry

Burton sacked their manager and he has turned them around, Colchester hadn't won for weeks, they sacked their manager and won this week, same for Leyton Orient.

I believe it's called the bounce which only worked, be it a small bounce, in the 2nd half against Cambridge. Deflation entered and the bounce  was no more.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 43
RonMariner
March 4, 2021, 6:21pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from arryarryarry

Indeed.

And look at Bradford. they were in dire straights and in the relegation scrap. new managers take over and then they win 9 and draw3 of the next 13. games. Incredible turnaround. They also signed 9 new players in the January window and don't seem to have any problems regarding getting them playing together.

It never seems to work out for us, but you cant argue against the fact that many clubs change their fortunes by changing manager. On the other hand, how often does a manager on a dire losing streak ever miraculously come good?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 43
ginnywings
March 4, 2021, 6:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from RonMariner

Indeed.

And look at Bradford. they were in dire straights and in the relegation scrap. new managers take over and then they win 9 and draw3 of the next 13. games. Incredible turnaround. They also signed 9 new players in the January window and don't seem to have any problems regarding getting them playing together.

It never seems to work out for us, but you cant argue against the fact that many clubs change their fortunes by changing manager. On the other hand, how often does a manager on a dire losing streak ever miraculously come good?

Are you saying we should change the manager again, 2 months after we last changed the manager?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 43
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › We’re supposed to be supporters

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.