MarinerWY
March 4, 2021, 7:21pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,982
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

It wasn't a dig at anyone in particular H, just saying I can't back any manger or player who can't or doesn't do their job properly and at the detriment to the club.

Hurst has a very good record as a manager. That he can't turn things around here is more indicative of the state of our club than his managerial misgivings.

I don't know who the intercourse people think the miracle-working manager-in-waiting is.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 43
MarinerWY
March 4, 2021, 7:28pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,982
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from pontoonlew

If you're happy to keep clapping your way through this then fine

This excrement has to stop. Just because some of us don't agree that sacking Hurst 2 months in and scraping the barrel for another manager willing to come to bottom of league 2 on the gamble that we'll get a bounce... does not mean we are happy with the situation

No town fan is happy with this.

Just cos I don't have a frothing at the mouth angry tirade at the easiest target after every loss doesn't mean I'm happy with it. Just cos I don't buy into the fickleness and instability that swapping and changing managers does not mean I'm happy.

And intercourse me, if people thought Paul Hurst was dour, this forum is something else. It's as if some people take pleasure in it. Tonduer was the target the other week. Some folk on here would get angry at their own shadow.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 43
GYinScuntland
March 4, 2021, 7:34pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
I've lost interest really, not set foot in a football ground for a year and the few I've seen on telly are ruined when every goal is checked by VAR.
Fed up with the hypocrisy too, when people used to get slagged off as armchair supporters but now it seems to be the dog's balderdash.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 43
KingstonMariner
March 4, 2021, 7:34pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Hey, it’s my shadow and if I want to call him a lazy, shiftless, sneaky bastardwho hasn’t contributed anything all his life, apart making somewhere a bit cooler for smaller creatures, I can and I will. I pay good money to stand in light so I’m entitled to my opinion.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 43
HertsGTFC
March 4, 2021, 7:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Hagrid

Harsh on PH that. Mans trying his best and to say he cant organise a urine up in a brewery is wrong. He’s a good manager and a good man.

Agree and another managerial change is the last thing we need now.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 43
DB
March 4, 2021, 7:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,973
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Agree and another managerial change is the last thing we need now.

50 points is the magic number quoted. So what do we need to get them?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 43
HertsGTFC
March 4, 2021, 7:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from DB

50 points is the magic number quoted. So what do we need to get them?

Wins

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 43
malkamalka
March 4, 2021, 8:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from MarinerWY

Hurst has a very good record as a manager. That he can't turn things around here is more indicative of the state of our club than his managerial misgivings.

I don't know who the intercourse people think the miracle-working manager-in-waiting is.

That's it. At the end of the day, the club is a basket case. So instead of looking at who's doing a bad job, it would be easier to say who is doing a good job.

Start at the top - I'm open to suggestions!

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 43
ginnywings
March 4, 2021, 8:09pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from arryarryarry

"we" didn't change the manager, Holloway resigned so effectively we haven't sacked a manager this season, yet.

You'd find an argument in an empty room.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 43
RonMariner
March 4, 2021, 8:38pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,541
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from ginnywings

Are you saying we should change the manager again, 2 months after we last changed the manager?

Just pointing out some facts. It works for some clubs, but hasn't for us.

We won't change manager now. The window has gone so a new manager would be stuck with the squad we have.

The question is whether we think Hurst is the man to rebuild the club next season, whichever league we find ourselves in.

At the moment there is no evidence in terms of results and performance that make that a particularly attractive prospect.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We’re supposed to be supporters

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.