Reply: 30 - 61
KingstonMariner
March 3, 2021, 5:37pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
To be Devil’s Advocate, until Covid struck we were making annual profits in the region of £200-300,000. So the consortium could have a share of that. £100k a year is 4%. A better return than a bank.

Obviously relegation will dent the revenue, but I’d be confident these guys could boost income in the longer term by treating fans with more respect and improving marketing and communications, and making improvements in systems.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 61
Bigdog
March 3, 2021, 9:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from pen penfras

I don't think there will be any more public excrement slinging. There's been enough of that from both sides already. Add in the fact that you aren't actually allowed to negotiate in public, and that would be a terrible idea.

I think that Stockwood and Pettit are doing it for the love of the club, and it makes me confident that if they're willing to pay that much to take the club on that they won't leave it in a financial mess going forwards. I am totally unconvinced as to the motives of the club's best interest regarding Tom Shutes, but if he gets a new stadium over the line without bankrupting the club, then I'll eat my words.

Maybe it's best to leave "what's good for the club" unfounded predjucies aside for now. Give Shutes the same chance as GTFC fans, Stockwood and Pettit.. Just because someone's a big fan of the club doesn't mean they automatically qualify to being better placed to secure a more prosperous future for GTFC. JF's hardly missed a game home or away for decades, but by christ, he's been a disaster. Big fan, but complete nightmare of nightmares. This narrow-minded pre-conceived parochial behaviour has to stop, especially before the consortium has even got started. Have you learnt nothing from the past twenty years?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 61
DB
March 3, 2021, 10:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from KingstonMariner
To be Devil’s Advocate, until Covid struck we were making annual profits in the region of £200-300,000. So the consortium could have a share of that. £100k a year is 4%. A better return than a bank.

Obviously relegation will dent the revenue, but I’d be confident these guys could boost income in the longer term by treating fans with more respect and improving marketing and communications, and making improvements in systems.

So you do have to wonder why Fenty has not paid of his own loans. If he did his strangle hold on the club would have diminished leaving him open to being kicked of the board by a majority of shareholders. ( and no I'm not going down that road again).

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 61
louth_in_the_south
March 3, 2021, 10:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,674
Gold Stars: 95
Isn’t GTFC pivotal in the wider regeneration project ? Owning the club , as mad as it seems , may be the key to much larger profits which is why it’s got a price tag far larger than it’s worth. The May saga seems to suggest this to me and why JF was in no hurry to sell , in fact kept batting off the consortiums offers as he saw £ signs ?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 61
KingstonMariner
March 4, 2021, 3:04am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from DB

So you do have to wonder why Fenty has not paid of his own loans. If he did his strangle hold on the club would have diminished leaving him open to being kicked of the board by a majority of shareholders. ( and no I'm not going down that road again).

The fact is we were paying him off. Since getting back in the League the club repaid £660k of Directors' Loans. Since the peak debt in 2010 of £2.4m, we've repaid £842k.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 61
It Bites
March 4, 2021, 4:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,183
Gold Stars: 264
Where is Mike Parker in all this ?
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 61
KingstonMariner
March 4, 2021, 6:31pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from It Bites

Still the second biggest shareholder. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with him after the takeover. Could be back on the board bringing the benefit of his experience and knowledge.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 61
forza ivano
March 4, 2021, 7:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from It Bites

be patient
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 61
pen penfras
March 4, 2021, 8:15pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Still the second biggest shareholder. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with him after the takeover. Could be back on the board bringing the benefit of his experience and knowledge.

More likely he'll be selling his shares like everybody else who bought them in the club and no longer wants them...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £2,500,000

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.