7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
HerveJosse
March 4, 2021, 9:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,184
Gold Stars: 139
I suspect the Dembele situation is muddying the waters. Clearly he will leave Peterborough for a big fee in the Summer . They knocked back a transfer in the January window and he was persuaded to withdraw his leave request. In response they are now top of the league with he make a significant contribution every week. If Gtfc receive a windfall of cicrca £2m plus which is entirely possible how is this playing into the sale process. One obvious concern is JF  could dig his heals in and use windfall to repay his loan and then doesn’t need a sale to get his money back. A predictable scenario would be he demands more as a result of this possibility for the sale to proceed. All speculation on my part  but it is what many sellers would do in these circumstances
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 61
Swansea_Mariner
March 4, 2021, 10:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
There's absolutely no way he's staying they've agreed heads of terms, Dembele money if it even materialises won't have any  impact  on that imho.

Let's hope he does sell and we can invest it in trying to get out of the conference next year
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 61
HerveJosse
March 4, 2021, 10:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Thanks but heads of terms are in intention not a binding contract and in any competent vendor would have taken account  of the Dembele situation in heads of terms.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 61
Zmariner
March 4, 2021, 10:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,115
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from HerveJosse
Thanks but heads of terms are in intention not a binding contract and in any competent vendor would have taken account  of the Dembele situation in heads of terms.

Absolutely agreed, Heads of terms are not legally binding And guys like these will know every detail of the Dembélé move utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 61
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
March 4, 2021, 10:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Surely any competent purchaser would state that they would pay the debts owed to JF rather than stating an amount. To cover any eventuality of the club paying off any of the debt before the sale goes through.

Oh was there any need to create a new profile to ask this question?

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 61
HerveJosse
March 4, 2021, 11:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Thanks but to exit Jf  will doing two things seeking repayment of his loan which as you say will be a fixed amount but also selling his shares the consideration for whch can be expressed in any way you like including payment of a share of future sums received by the club. New profile is because I am a new poster! No friend of J F if that is a concern
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 61
KingstonMariner
March 4, 2021, 11:28pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
So where you been all these years Jose?

I’d imagine if Fenty pulled a stunt like that it probably means he’s emigrating.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 61
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
March 4, 2021, 11:32pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from HerveJosse
Thanks but to exit Jf  will doing two things seeking repayment of his loan which as you say will be a fixed amount but also selling his shares the consideration for whch can be expressed in any way you like including payment of a share of future sums received by the club. New profile is because I am a new poster! No friend of J F if that is a concern

Why even mention that? Are you sure you're not a mate of Fellipes? The repayment of his loan will only be fixed at the time of the actual sale. So as to avoid paying the cunf £2.5m when the loans may only total £2m

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 61
HerveJosse
March 4, 2021, 11:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Where have I been ? Supporting this club in frustration for the last 55 years is one answer. Avoiding message boards where you have been a member for Two hours before being challenged for stating the obvious is a second. I am as concerned as others that the sale process has gone into radio silence for a long period and it would take a leap of faith to assume that both results on the pitch and the Dembele situation  are not influencing matters. I hope I am wrong .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 61
KingstonMariner
March 4, 2021, 11:48pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
That’s what Phil said too. It’s amazing all these concerned supporters have popped up recently.

So do you think Fenty will be looking to move to a new area if he tries to milk this even more? Honest opinion. What do you think of him?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £2,500,000

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.