7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
gtfc98
March 2, 2021, 9:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
How the hell does that sharp object sleep at night knowing he's walking away from this flipping mess with that amount of money? He's a flipping disgrace.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Northbank Mariner
March 2, 2021, 9:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
What's worrying me is are the consortium going to reconsider?..
Not so much because we are going down to the NL but going down into a shitshow of a league?..
Fenty is a tosser that has single handedly run this club into the ground yet walks away with a pocket load of cash..
I just pray n hope he doesn't show his face at BP again, more for his health and wellbeing because the wolves will be circling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 61
friskneymariner
March 2, 2021, 9:34pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
More of a disgrace are the sycophants who were willing to come to his defence, where are they now,they are the ones who have sold this club out .Those of us who raised concerns early on were pilloried,looks like all rats have now deserted the ship,this club has never been in such a poor state,all down to one man.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 61
Hagrid
March 2, 2021, 9:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 508
The man who saved the club

You girl private john. intercourse you. And your clingers on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 61
bawarmy
March 2, 2021, 9:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,821
Gold Stars: 27
He needs to buy a big dog with that money if he plans to stay in Grimsby
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 61
RonMariner
March 2, 2021, 9:36pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
Sickening.

But then the rich always do seem to get well paid for failure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 61
Bigdog
March 2, 2021, 9:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from bawarmy
He needs to buy a big dog with that money if he plans to stay in Grimsby

Hey.. I'm not for sale. Well.. not to defend the likes of JF anyway..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 61
Mariner_501
March 2, 2021, 10:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +161
Should never show his face in this town again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 61
Poojah
March 2, 2021, 10:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,490
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Not so much because we are going down to the NL but going down into a shitshow of a league?..
Fenty is a tosser that has single handedly run this club into the ground yet walks away with a pocket load of cash..
I just pray n hope he doesn't show his face at BP again, more for his health and wellbeing because the wolves will be circling.

I'm not sure the consortium, having come this far, will be in a rush to walk away from the deal however there's no doubt that the landscape has changed significantly since late December. Changes have been made and the situation has continued to deteriorate.

Let's just look at the facts. Even a League Two Grimsby Town in its current guise is worth nowhere near £2.5m. Put to one side what it means to the community, as a business alone it is barely viable and has no meaningful assets to speak of. Its biggest 'asset', intangible though it is, is its status as a member of the EFL. However, that looks certain to be gone come May, and so at that stage the club is realistically worth less than nothing - it's going to cost whoever takes it on a significant amount of money to restore to anything like its former glory.

At the same time, John Fenty knows by now that his position at the club is completely untenable. He has no choice but to go - that's the only reason he's agreed to sell up in the first place. I certainly don't think he will want anything to do with a second spell in the non-league abyss.

Of course, he will argue that he is due his £2.5m back because it was he that put that money in to save the club at what was then (now long-since surpassed), its darkest hour. The irony is however that his consistent mismanagement of the club has quite literally devalued the club to the point that it is worthless. On that basis, I'm absolutely unconvinced that he deserves all or any of his £2.5m. He's burned that money himself - nobody owes it to him.

Add to that the very fair argument that the club will need all the money it can get its hands on as a non-league club next season, and the consortium may well feel that some of that money will instead have to be spent on healing the scars of the John Fenty era. It would not surprise me if a very public renegotiation ensues very shortly, with Fenty's hand weakening with each game that passes without a goal scored or a point gained, as the orange hue of the Vanarama logo looms larger and larger.

Quite frankly, you would have to question the sanity of anyone handing over £2.5m in cold, hard cash for our beloved, basket case football club. Wouldn't you?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 61
friskneymariner
March 2, 2021, 10:15pm

Champagne Drinker
Amazing there are still people willing to defend him.Please please tell us what redeeming qualities you think he possess'

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 61
MuddyWaters
March 2, 2021, 10:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Have to say that, if I were in the consortium‘s shoes, I’d be renegotiating at the very least.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 61
Zmariner
March 2, 2021, 10:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from friskneymariner
Amazing there are still people willing to defend him.Please please tell us what redeeming qualities you think he possess'

I am not seeing any defence here, You are just looking for somebody to argue with for the sake of it. Nobody is enjoying this crap. Failing that argue into the mirror, we are all feeling pretty sick utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 61
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
March 2, 2021, 11:01pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +785
Gold Stars: 113
If within the takeover, the Consortium then own Blundell Park, then a quick wayward safety match can get rid of plenty of the seating area, and then within the borders of the ground can be built A LOT of 'affordable housing' selling at 60-70k per house.

The 2.5m, and then some, would be recouped easily from the sales after they have built a new stadium. With the help of outside interests and investments, undoubtedly they would have further plans to invest further in the town.

To them, the 2.5m is probably a cheap foot in the door
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 61
arryarryarry
March 2, 2021, 11:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

I was told that the two Grimsby members of the trio who are usually in the directors box weren't there tonight.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 61
dapperz fun pub
March 3, 2021, 5:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from arryarryarry

I was told that the two Grimsby members of the trio who are usually in the directors box weren't there tonight.

I don’t blame them for not going , it’s painful to watch.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 61
grimps
March 3, 2021, 6:02am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from arryarryarry

I don’t blame them , it’s flipping painful watching these bunch of useless chancers going through the motions
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 61
golfer
March 3, 2021, 9:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 112
If I was the consortium i would withdraw my offer .I would tell JSF to get round the table and tell him he's gonna get f'call . The club is worthless whether he takes his loan out or not. The club is £3million in debt so shares are also worthless. I would tell him I would only take the club if he forgot about the loan and knowing his LOVE for the club I am sure he would accept. It can't do his ego any good that he is still the owner of this shower of shite. ( I wont hold my breath
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 61
pen penfras
March 3, 2021, 9:35am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from arryarryarry

I thought they live down south.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 61
pen penfras
March 3, 2021, 9:39am

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

I'm not sure the consortium, having come this far, will be in a rush to walk away from the deal however there's no doubt that the landscape has changed significantly since late December. Changes have been made and the situation has continued to deteriorate.

Let's just look at the facts. Even a League Two Grimsby Town in its current guise is worth nowhere near £2.5m. Put to one side what it means to the community, as a business alone it is barely viable and has no meaningful assets to speak of. Its biggest 'asset', intangible though it is, is its status as a member of the EFL. However, that looks certain to be gone come May, and so at that stage the club is realistically worth less than nothing - it's going to cost whoever takes it on a significant amount of money to restore to anything like its former glory.

At the same time, John Fenty knows by now that his position at the club is completely untenable. He has no choice but to go - that's the only reason he's agreed to sell up in the first place. I certainly don't think he will want anything to do with a second spell in the non-league abyss.

Of course, he will argue that he is due his £2.5m back because it was he that put that money in to save the club at what was then (now long-since surpassed), its darkest hour. The irony is however that his consistent mismanagement of the club has quite literally devalued the club to the point that it is worthless. On that basis, I'm absolutely unconvinced that he deserves all or any of his £2.5m. He's burned that money himself - nobody owes it to him.

Add to that the very fair argument that the club will need all the money it can get its hands on as a non-league club next season, and the consortium may well feel that some of that money will instead have to be spent on healing the scars of the John Fenty era. It would not surprise me if a very public renegotiation ensues very shortly, with Fenty's hand weakening with each game that passes without a goal scored or a point gained, as the orange hue of the Vanarama logo looms larger and larger.

Quite frankly, you would have to question the sanity of anyone handing over £2.5m in cold, hard cash for our beloved, basket case football club. Wouldn't you?

I don't think there will be any more public excrement slinging. There's been enough of that from both sides already. Add in the fact that you aren't actually allowed to negotiate in public, and that would be a terrible idea.

I think that Stockwood and Pettit are doing it for the love of the club, and it makes me confident that if they're willing to pay that much to take the club on that they won't leave it in a financial mess going forwards. I am totally unconvinced as to the motives of the club's best interest regarding Tom Shutes, but if he gets a new stadium over the line without bankrupting the club, then I'll eat my words.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 61
marinerdazza
March 3, 2021, 9:46am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from friskneymariner

A shared surname presumably.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 61
RonMariner
March 3, 2021, 11:21am

Special Brew Drinker
If within the takeover, the Consortium then own Blundell Park, then a quick wayward safety match can get rid of plenty of the seating area, and then within the borders of the ground can be built A LOT of 'affordable housing' selling at 60-70k per house.

The 2.5m, and then some, would be recouped easily from the sales after they have built a new stadium. With the help of outside interests and investments, undoubtedly they would have further plans to invest further in the town.

To them, the 2.5m is probably a cheap foot in the door

I am guessing Blundell Park occupies around 10 acres or so. Building land in North East Lincs sells for between £120k and £200k based on location. So the land might, with planning permission, be worth £1.2 to £2m. But given the location probably towards the lower end of that range.

That's about the only asset the club has. The playing squad is more or less worthless. In fact several contracts need paying up, so the squad is probably more of a financial liability than asset.

So it only makes financial sense to buy the club for the benefits that come with regeneration.  The new owners are not mugs. They will have made sure that they can make the transaction work financially.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 61
promotion plaice
March 3, 2021, 11:28am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189

You have to factor in the cost of demolishing BP, guessing but probably around £500K.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 61
bawarmy
March 3, 2021, 11:48am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Approval: +1,821
Quoted from promotion plaice

You have to factor in the cost of demolishing BP, guessing but probably around £500K.

Whereas fenty has been chipping away at it for years costing 2.5 mill
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 61
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
March 3, 2021, 12:00pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +785
Quoted from RonMariner

I am guessing Blundell Park occupies around 10 acres or so. Building land in North East Lincs sells for between £120k and £200k based on location. So the land might, with planning permission, be worth £1.2 to £2m. But given the location probably towards the lower end of that range.

Without actually selling the land and developing it themselves, a lot of houses can be built on 10 acres. 5 detached houses per acre. Minimum of 150k per house. That's a nice income in anybodies book.

But like you said, even if they sell the land off, they could recoup upwards of 50% of their initial outlay which would get it off their hands instantly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 61
RonMariner
March 3, 2021, 12:14pm

Special Brew Drinker

Without actually selling the land and developing it themselves, a lot of houses can be built on 10 acres. 5 detached houses per acre. Minimum of 150k per house. That's a nice income in anybodies book.

But like you said, even if they sell the land off, they could recoup upwards of 50% of their initial outlay which would get it off their hands instantly.

Sounds easy, but by the time you have spent hundreds of thousands demolishing BP,  spent a year and many tens of thousands on a planning application and consultants fees, spent hundreds of thousands putting in access roads and services, had to commit to funding hundreds of thousands in Section 106 contributions, agreed to 30% affordable housing on which developers make little or no return, and then built the houses, you would be surprised at how little net profit is generated on a development of that size.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 61
ginnywings
March 3, 2021, 12:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538

It's not an area for detached houses. People looking for a nice big detached house don't want one around there. There is plenty of scope for a builder to make profit on that land, if indeed that is what happens to it, but it will be social housing at a guess.

I don't think it's about the money anyway. You don't buy a football club to make money and you can't really put a price on what you have to pay to buy one. Something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it and in this case, that is 2.5 million. It's more of an emotional decision than a business one. They have the money and they are choosing to spend it on their home town club. If I had the money, I'd buy it, regardless of the financial implications.

If you've made a sh1t ton of money in your life, what else are you going to do with it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 61
Eastendmariner
March 3, 2021, 12:46pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 22
IT pains me to say this I will not set foot in BP as long as Fenty is connected to the club  

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 61
ska face
March 3, 2021, 1:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,342
Gold Stars: 824
To think that Shutes & co have been trying to get this over the line for close to 2 years and Fenty has spent that time publicly denigrating them, calling them tyre kickers and time wasters, questioning their intentions and abilities. Every day he has clung on has put us one day closer to the conference and oblivion, to be frank.

I hope Fenty and his hangers on aren’t expecting to be attending matches in the future.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 61
jamesgtfc
March 3, 2021, 1:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from RonMariner

Sounds easy, but by the time you have spent hundreds of thousands demolishing BP,  spent a year and many tens of thousands on a planning application and consultants fees, spent hundreds of thousands putting in access roads and services, had to commit to funding hundreds of thousands in Section 106 contributions, agreed to 30% affordable housing on which developers make little or no return, and then built the houses, you would be surprised at how little net profit is generated on a development of that size.

Demolition won't cost a penny because of all the scrap metal etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 61
KingstonMariner
March 3, 2021, 3:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Think the valuation of BP in the accounts is around £700k. Which is what it’s net value is (land minus cost of clearing the site). There isn’t that much land, and regardless of the scrap value of any materials. Wouldn’t have thought it was as much as 10 acres. More like 5 or 6.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 61
golfer
March 3, 2021, 4:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 112
Agree it is only about 5-6 acres
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 61
KingstonMariner
March 3, 2021, 5:37pm
Meths Drinker
To be Devil’s Advocate, until Covid struck we were making annual profits in the region of £200-300,000. So the consortium could have a share of that. £100k a year is 4%. A better return than a bank.

Obviously relegation will dent the revenue, but I’d be confident these guys could boost income in the longer term by treating fans with more respect and improving marketing and communications, and making improvements in systems.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 61
Bigdog
March 3, 2021, 9:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from pen penfras

I don't think there will be any more public excrement slinging. There's been enough of that from both sides already. Add in the fact that you aren't actually allowed to negotiate in public, and that would be a terrible idea.

I think that Stockwood and Pettit are doing it for the love of the club, and it makes me confident that if they're willing to pay that much to take the club on that they won't leave it in a financial mess going forwards. I am totally unconvinced as to the motives of the club's best interest regarding Tom Shutes, but if he gets a new stadium over the line without bankrupting the club, then I'll eat my words.

Maybe it's best to leave "what's good for the club" unfounded predjucies aside for now. Give Shutes the same chance as GTFC fans, Stockwood and Pettit.. Just because someone's a big fan of the club doesn't mean they automatically qualify to being better placed to secure a more prosperous future for GTFC. JF's hardly missed a game home or away for decades, but by christ, he's been a disaster. Big fan, but complete nightmare of nightmares. This narrow-minded pre-conceived parochial behaviour has to stop, especially before the consortium has even got started. Have you learnt nothing from the past twenty years?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 61
DB
March 3, 2021, 10:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,879
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from KingstonMariner
To be Devil’s Advocate, until Covid struck we were making annual profits in the region of £200-300,000. So the consortium could have a share of that. £100k a year is 4%. A better return than a bank.

Obviously relegation will dent the revenue, but I’d be confident these guys could boost income in the longer term by treating fans with more respect and improving marketing and communications, and making improvements in systems.

So you do have to wonder why Fenty has not paid of his own loans. If he did his strangle hold on the club would have diminished leaving him open to being kicked of the board by a majority of shareholders. ( and no I'm not going down that road again).

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 61
louth_in_the_south
March 3, 2021, 10:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
Isn’t GTFC pivotal in the wider regeneration project ? Owning the club , as mad as it seems , may be the key to much larger profits which is why it’s got a price tag far larger than it’s worth. The May saga seems to suggest this to me and why JF was in no hurry to sell , in fact kept batting off the consortiums offers as he saw £ signs ?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 61
KingstonMariner
March 4, 2021, 3:04am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from DB

So you do have to wonder why Fenty has not paid of his own loans. If he did his strangle hold on the club would have diminished leaving him open to being kicked of the board by a majority of shareholders. ( and no I'm not going down that road again).

The fact is we were paying him off. Since getting back in the League the club repaid £660k of Directors' Loans. Since the peak debt in 2010 of £2.4m, we've repaid £842k.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 61
It Bites
March 4, 2021, 4:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +5 / -8
Approval: +1,967
Gold Stars: 238
Where is Mike Parker in all this ?
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 61
KingstonMariner
March 4, 2021, 6:31pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from It Bites

Still the second biggest shareholder. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with him after the takeover. Could be back on the board bringing the benefit of his experience and knowledge.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 61
forza ivano
March 4, 2021, 7:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from It Bites

be patient
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 61
pen penfras
March 4, 2021, 8:15pm

Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Still the second biggest shareholder. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with him after the takeover. Could be back on the board bringing the benefit of his experience and knowledge.

More likely he'll be selling his shares like everybody else who bought them in the club and no longer wants them...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 61
HerveJosse
March 4, 2021, 9:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,123
Gold Stars: 134
I suspect the Dembele situation is muddying the waters. Clearly he will leave Peterborough for a big fee in the Summer . They knocked back a transfer in the January window and he was persuaded to withdraw his leave request. In response they are now top of the league with he make a significant contribution every week. If Gtfc receive a windfall of cicrca £2m plus which is entirely possible how is this playing into the sale process. One obvious concern is JF  could dig his heals in and use windfall to repay his loan and then doesn’t need a sale to get his money back. A predictable scenario would be he demands more as a result of this possibility for the sale to proceed. All speculation on my part  but it is what many sellers would do in these circumstances
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 61
Swansea_Mariner
March 4, 2021, 10:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
There's absolutely no way he's staying they've agreed heads of terms, Dembele money if it even materialises won't have any  impact  on that imho.

Let's hope he does sell and we can invest it in trying to get out of the conference next year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 61
HerveJosse
March 4, 2021, 10:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Thanks but heads of terms are in intention not a binding contract and in any competent vendor would have taken account  of the Dembele situation in heads of terms.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 61
Zmariner
March 4, 2021, 10:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from HerveJosse
Thanks but heads of terms are in intention not a binding contract and in any competent vendor would have taken account  of the Dembele situation in heads of terms.

Absolutely agreed, Heads of terms are not legally binding And guys like these will know every detail of the Dembélé move utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 61
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
March 4, 2021, 10:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Surely any competent purchaser would state that they would pay the debts owed to JF rather than stating an amount. To cover any eventuality of the club paying off any of the debt before the sale goes through.

Oh was there any need to create a new profile to ask this question?

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 61
HerveJosse
March 4, 2021, 11:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Thanks but to exit Jf  will doing two things seeking repayment of his loan which as you say will be a fixed amount but also selling his shares the consideration for whch can be expressed in any way you like including payment of a share of future sums received by the club. New profile is because I am a new poster! No friend of J F if that is a concern
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 61
KingstonMariner
March 4, 2021, 11:28pm
Meths Drinker
So where you been all these years Jose?

I’d imagine if Fenty pulled a stunt like that it probably means he’s emigrating.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 61
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
March 4, 2021, 11:32pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse
Thanks but to exit Jf  will doing two things seeking repayment of his loan which as you say will be a fixed amount but also selling his shares the consideration for whch can be expressed in any way you like including payment of a share of future sums received by the club. New profile is because I am a new poster! No friend of J F if that is a concern

Why even mention that? Are you sure you're not a mate of Fellipes? The repayment of his loan will only be fixed at the time of the actual sale. So as to avoid paying the cunf £2.5m when the loans may only total £2m

No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 61
HerveJosse
March 4, 2021, 11:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Where have I been ? Supporting this club in frustration for the last 55 years is one answer. Avoiding message boards where you have been a member for Two hours before being challenged for stating the obvious is a second. I am as concerned as others that the sale process has gone into radio silence for a long period and it would take a leap of faith to assume that both results on the pitch and the Dembele situation  are not influencing matters. I hope I am wrong .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 61
KingstonMariner
March 4, 2021, 11:48pm
Meths Drinker
That’s what Phil said too. It’s amazing all these concerned supporters have popped up recently.

So do you think Fenty will be looking to move to a new area if he tries to milk this even more? Honest opinion. What do you think of him?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 61
HerveJosse
March 4, 2021, 11:51pm
Champagne Drinker
I will be as happy as your are with a change of ownership. What JF does other then sell the club I couldn’t care less.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 61
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
March 4, 2021, 11:54pm
Snakebite drinker
You certainly know your GTFC history thats for sure

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hervey_Robinson

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 61
HerveJosse
March 5, 2021, 12:03am
Champagne Drinker
My great great grandfather 2 appearances 4 goals played as an amateur in new professional era in 1890s.Hat trick against Rotherham away .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 61
ginnywings
March 5, 2021, 12:07am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from HerveJosse
My great great grandfather 2 appearances 4 goals played as an amateur in new professional era in 1890s.Hat trick against Rotherham away .

Cool!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 61
forza ivano
March 5, 2021, 6:58am

Exile
i'm given to understand that we're almost there. F.L. waiting for proof of funds (think they've done the rest of the fit and proper test) and then it should be over the line
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 61
GollyGTFC
March 5, 2021, 7:23am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from ska face
To think that Shutes & co have been trying to get this over the line for close to 2 years and Fenty has spent that time publicly denigrating them, calling them tyre kickers and time wasters, questioning their intentions and abilities. Every day he has clung on has put us one day closer to the conference and oblivion, to be frank.

I hope Fenty and his hangers on aren’t expecting to be attending matches in the future.

The story broke in the GT in July 2019 and it’s my understanding Shutes & co first approached Fenty in late 2017 and made their first concrete offer around March 2018.

So it’s over 3 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 55 - 61
Davec
March 5, 2021, 7:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from forza ivano
i'm given to understand that we're almost there. F.L. waiting for proof of funds (think they've done the rest of the fit and proper test) and then it should be over the line

I'm sure we was told 3 weeks ago that it will all be confirmed within a week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 61
ska face
March 5, 2021, 8:43am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,342
Gold Stars: 824
Quoted from GollyGTFC

The story broke in the GT in July 2019 and it’s my understanding Shutes & co first approached Fenty in late 2017 and made their first concrete offer around March 2018.

So it’s over 3 years.

Fenty - a worthless cúnt until the bitter end.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 61
friskneymariner
March 5, 2021, 9:42am

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse

Hi Fillippe.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 61
forza ivano
March 5, 2021, 2:50pm

Exile
Quoted from Davec

I'm sure we was told 3 weeks ago that it will all be confirmed within a week.

the Football League moves in mysterious ways
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 61
aldi_01
March 5, 2021, 6:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from ska face

Fenty - a worthless cúnt until the bitter end.

Don’t forget insufferable too...

On your other comment, I’m assuming Marley, Day et al will be waiting for their season ticket packs like the rest of us in the summer, looking forward to that first game back when the world is normal...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 61
realist
March 5, 2021, 8:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,686
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from forza ivano

Now where have I heard that before?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 61
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £2,500,000

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.