7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
March 2, 2021, 10:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Have to say that, if I were in the consortium‘s shoes, I’d be renegotiating at the very least.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 61
Zmariner
March 2, 2021, 10:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from friskneymariner
Amazing there are still people willing to defend him.Please please tell us what redeeming qualities you think he possess'

I am not seeing any defence here, You are just looking for somebody to argue with for the sake of it. Nobody is enjoying this crap. Failing that argue into the mirror, we are all feeling pretty sick utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 61
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
March 2, 2021, 11:01pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 117
If within the takeover, the Consortium then own Blundell Park, then a quick wayward safety match can get rid of plenty of the seating area, and then within the borders of the ground can be built A LOT of 'affordable housing' selling at 60-70k per house.

The 2.5m, and then some, would be recouped easily from the sales after they have built a new stadium. With the help of outside interests and investments, undoubtedly they would have further plans to invest further in the town.

To them, the 2.5m is probably a cheap foot in the door
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 61
arryarryarry
March 2, 2021, 11:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
What's worrying me is are the consortium going to reconsider?..
Not so much because we are going down to the NL but going down into a shitshow of a league?..
Fenty is a tosser that has single handedly run this club into the ground yet walks away with a pocket load of cash..
I just pray n hope he doesn't show his face at BP again, more for his health and wellbeing because the wolves will be circling.

I was told that the two Grimsby members of the trio who are usually in the directors box weren't there tonight.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 61
dapperz fun pub
March 3, 2021, 5:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from arryarryarry

I was told that the two Grimsby members of the trio who are usually in the directors box weren't there tonight.

I don’t blame them for not going , it’s painful to watch.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 61
grimps
March 3, 2021, 6:02am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,121
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from arryarryarry

I don’t blame them , it’s flipping painful watching these bunch of useless chancers going through the motions
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 61
golfer
March 3, 2021, 9:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
If I was the consortium i would withdraw my offer .I would tell JSF to get round the table and tell him he's gonna get f'call . The club is worthless whether he takes his loan out or not. The club is £3million in debt so shares are also worthless. I would tell him I would only take the club if he forgot about the loan and knowing his LOVE for the club I am sure he would accept. It can't do his ego any good that he is still the owner of this shower of shite. ( I wont hold my breath
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 61
pen penfras
March 3, 2021, 9:35am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from arryarryarry

I thought they live down south.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 61
pen penfras
March 3, 2021, 9:39am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Poojah

I'm not sure the consortium, having come this far, will be in a rush to walk away from the deal however there's no doubt that the landscape has changed significantly since late December. Changes have been made and the situation has continued to deteriorate.

Let's just look at the facts. Even a League Two Grimsby Town in its current guise is worth nowhere near £2.5m. Put to one side what it means to the community, as a business alone it is barely viable and has no meaningful assets to speak of. Its biggest 'asset', intangible though it is, is its status as a member of the EFL. However, that looks certain to be gone come May, and so at that stage the club is realistically worth less than nothing - it's going to cost whoever takes it on a significant amount of money to restore to anything like its former glory.

At the same time, John Fenty knows by now that his position at the club is completely untenable. He has no choice but to go - that's the only reason he's agreed to sell up in the first place. I certainly don't think he will want anything to do with a second spell in the non-league abyss.

Of course, he will argue that he is due his £2.5m back because it was he that put that money in to save the club at what was then (now long-since surpassed), its darkest hour. The irony is however that his consistent mismanagement of the club has quite literally devalued the club to the point that it is worthless. On that basis, I'm absolutely unconvinced that he deserves all or any of his £2.5m. He's burned that money himself - nobody owes it to him.

Add to that the very fair argument that the club will need all the money it can get its hands on as a non-league club next season, and the consortium may well feel that some of that money will instead have to be spent on healing the scars of the John Fenty era. It would not surprise me if a very public renegotiation ensues very shortly, with Fenty's hand weakening with each game that passes without a goal scored or a point gained, as the orange hue of the Vanarama logo looms larger and larger.

Quite frankly, you would have to question the sanity of anyone handing over £2.5m in cold, hard cash for our beloved, basket case football club. Wouldn't you?

I don't think there will be any more public excrement slinging. There's been enough of that from both sides already. Add in the fact that you aren't actually allowed to negotiate in public, and that would be a terrible idea.

I think that Stockwood and Pettit are doing it for the love of the club, and it makes me confident that if they're willing to pay that much to take the club on that they won't leave it in a financial mess going forwards. I am totally unconvinced as to the motives of the club's best interest regarding Tom Shutes, but if he gets a new stadium over the line without bankrupting the club, then I'll eat my words.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 61
marinerdazza
March 3, 2021, 9:46am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,856
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from friskneymariner
Amazing there are still people willing to defend him.Please please tell us what redeeming qualities you think he possess'

A shared surname presumably.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £2,500,000

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.