forza ivano
February 27, 2021, 8:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,204
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Steve Richards
Oh dear this is poor and it’s been the same since Christmas I think so many changes hasn’t worked might have been better to blend the best of what we had with new blood

whilst i agree with your first sentence i'm struggling to think who's been left out that will improve us. Spokes possibly, but matete has been excellent. Clifton, i'm afraid, wouldn't improve us and Hewitt, Hansen, Rose, Morais, Waterfall, Pollock and Hendrie have all been retained.
The problem is that whilst the new boys are generally an upgrade they're not enough of an upgrade to make much of a difference.
Menayese and Harbegham are prime examples - they're improvements on Idehen/Ohman and Preston, but still not good enough to make us into a competent 2nd division side. The Tunisian lad has been very disappointing, marginal at best whilst Adams and Payne have scored and made assists but they've only been effective in fits and starts
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 340 - 354
DB
February 27, 2021, 8:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from forza ivano

whilst i agree with your first sentence i'm struggling to think who's been left out that will improve us. Spokes possibly, but matete has been excellent. Clifton, i'm afraid, wouldn't improve us and Hewitt, Hansen, Rose, Morais, Waterfall, Pollock and Hendrie have all been retained.
The problem is that whilst the new boys are generally an upgrade they're not enough of an upgrade to make much of a difference.
Menayese and Harbegham are prime examples - they're improvements on Idehen/Ohman and Preston, but still not good enough to make us into a competent 2nd division side. The Tunisian lad has been very disappointing, marginal at best whilst Adams and Payne have scored and made assists but they've only been effective in fits and starts

Sorry to say it's a bit like watching a F1 team at the bottom of their table with a clapped out car. Improvements make little if any difference so they have to wait for a new season to start. Fortunately for them their is no drop but for us !!!!!!!!!!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 341 - 354
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 27, 2021, 9:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from DB

Sorry to say it's a bit like watching a F1 team at the bottom of their table with a clapped out car. Improvements make little if any difference so they have to wait for a new season to start. Fortunately for them their is no drop but for us !!!!!!!!!!

Just like an F1 car we are reliant on a suspension to save our season?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 342 - 354
DB
February 27, 2021, 9:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Just like an F1 car we are reliant on a suspension to save our season?

New spark plugs might help, or new set of boots, not to mention a bit of passing. Ultimately a red flag in the NL

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 343 - 354
Yoda
February 27, 2021, 9:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,157
Gold Stars: 71
We are down
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 344 - 354
DB
February 27, 2021, 9:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Yoda
We are down

Pessimist

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 345 - 354
nightrider
February 27, 2021, 10:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
The clubs owners needed to bring in 4 players who were on the periphery of the first team for a championship club. That was the only way I could see us avoiding relegation
What we ended up with is a load of players who couldn't make a non league/4th divisions team  . Who still must have cost a few quid
Seriously though, we were never going to sign 1st team players which means having to pay through the nose to bring quality in from the championship who wanted a pay day and first team football - 6month contracts 10k+ a week otherwise we end up with what we've got - the same as we already had  
2million quid would have done it. You either want to avoid relegation to the conference or you don't. The new owners chose the latter

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 346 - 354
DB
February 27, 2021, 10:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from nightrider
The clubs owners needed to bring in 4 players who were on the periphery of the first team for a championship club. That was the only way I could see us avoiding relegation
What we ended up with is a load of players who couldn't make a non league/4th divisions team  . Who still must have cost a few quid
Seriously though, we were never going to sign 1st team players which means having to pay through the nose to bring quality in from the championship who wanted a pay day and first team football - 6month contracts 10k+ a week otherwise we end up with what we've got - the same as we already had  
2million quid would have done it. You either want to avoid relegation to the conference or you don't. The new owners chose the latter

JF was never ever going to spend that type of money, or any other sort of money. As we write their is only one owner and that is Fenty. Without control in the boardroom no sensible person is going to stick £2 million quid into this club. We do not have new owners so they have not made any choice.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 347 - 354
nightrider
February 27, 2021, 11:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Yes you're right DB.
Mind you, the fans are not the owners but still managed to bank roll the club out of the conference. I know if Id agreed to buy a football club, I'd either have contract clause regarding relegation or Id do everything in my power to prevent it
Sensible people dont stand by and let a club they're investing in drop out the league

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 348 - 354
February 28, 2021, 9:38am
Guest User
Quoted from DB

So if the same was said inside BP for a non performance would you say the same?
What do you find wrong about being passionate, wanting the best, a win and voicing your opinions. It's called freedom of speech and as long as it's justified by facts as in the abysmal load of rubbish call professional football today I can't see anything wrong in it.

If you don't like what you read switch off.

On the other hand if you don't like watching Town
Switch off and give us all a break from your Passion.

Reply: 349 - 354
36 Pages Prev ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harrogate (A) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.