Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harrogate (A) Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 334 Guests

Harrogate (A) Match Thread

This thread currently has 35,656 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All Recommend Thread
Humbercod
February 27, 2021, 6:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from hampshiremariner
Every game you start off with (false) optimism to then be dumped on the floor again. Does both your head in and your blood pressure.
Best to expect relegation. I just do not have the nervous energy to invest in this team. No good blaming Hurst, the damage was already done. NO IT WASN’T! Failure to build on the small improvement we saw last season. Lower mid-table, wow. SOUNDS GOOD TO ME RIGHT NOW! This season has never got going. Covid issues to begin with and now postponed games. Never had any momentum and I cannot see it starting now. EXCUSES EXCUSES, SAME FOR ALL TEAMS.
I won't have Hurst blamed. WHY NOT HE’S BEEN UTTER TRIPE. He was a saint to come back and give it a go. HE WAS PAID GOOD MONEY TO COME BACK YOU MEAN! manager is only as good as the players and I am sorry to say that these lads are.not good enough. HURST HAS REPLACED THE TEAM FOR HIS OWN LADS
At the moment the club has problems from top to bottom and the rotten bits need cutting out and thrown in the bin. Otherwise we may not have a team at all. LETS START WITH HURST!
I used to laugh at Donny and Lincoln when they were relegated to the Conference. I look at them now and marvel at the way they have bounced back. There used to be a time when I thought Lincoln were easy meat. Not any more.HOWS DARLINGTON YORK and CHESTER DOING? CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!
I'll never support any other team but this is killing us.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 330 - 354
DB
February 27, 2021, 7:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,998
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from 140348
I know we are poor, yes i know we are bottom, but we are not yet relegated (close it may be) . Why do some people come on the Fishy only after we have lost just to slag off the team and PH  etc etc.  Is it because they get some weird pleasure from it  and are they just waiting for the defeat to make comment. Our football may be boring  but not as boring  as the slaggers.  I will keep faith untill the bitter end, then We go again  next season  in this league or not. It's my /our team. UTM.     rant over.

So if the same was said inside BP for a non performance would you say the same?
What do you find wrong about being passionate, wanting the best, a win and voicing your opinions. It's called freedom of speech and as long as it's justified by facts as in the abysmal load of rubbish call professional football today I can't see anything wrong in it.

If you don't like what you read switch off.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 331 - 354
Quagmire
February 27, 2021, 7:23pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from pontoonlew
Answers on a postcard as to what positives Paul Hurst has had since he returned

Zero.

How anyone can feel confident Hurst will get us out of this mess is beyond me.  

It's pretty clear the only way we won't be playing non league footy next season is if NL fails to complete, it certainly won't be down Hurst.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 332 - 354
cmackenzie4
February 27, 2021, 7:29pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease

Sorry, you are right. That was a cracking performance today and I'm sure we are all very proud tonight.

PS, you will not see me on Tuesday, I have more important things to do, like ironing my socks !

Ex Navy by any chance?  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 333 - 354
psgmariner
February 27, 2021, 7:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from pontoonlew
Answers on a postcard as to what positives Paul Hurst has had since he returned

I’m saving some time.

At least under Holloway it was worth listening to the post match interviews.

Private Message
Reply: 334 - 354
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 27, 2021, 8:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I may have said this before but goals win games and we have forward players who will struggle to score in a month of Sundays. Go on about creative midfield and speedy wingers if you want but what we really need is somebody who is a lucky bu99er in the box, puts the ball in the net off his nose, bum or any other protuberance.

The trouble always has been that Hurst is unwilling to indulge this kind of player even if he could have found  one in January.

I don’t care about how we play but whoever is the manager we must get goals to survive.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 335 - 354
DB
February 27, 2021, 8:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner

I’m saving some time.

At least under Holloway it was worth listening to the post match interviews.

GT report
'Hurst though insisted he made his judgement based on Town’s opponents, and felt the game panned out just as he had anticipated' WE LOST

“You can see the pitch, it cuts up straight away, and you see how Harrogate play, and again that’s not a criticism, that’s just what they do more often than not."  
    Same for both teams and BP is not perfect

“We were a little bit too deep in terms of midfield players getting forward and a little bit narrow.
“When we changed that for the second half, I thought we were coming into it, and if anything probably felt like we’d got to a point where, certainly not dominating, but I thought we were the more likely winners."     Couldn't have watched what we saw

Big YAAWWWNNN couldn't be doing with the rest. He failed to say 5 words.   Sorry I got it wrong

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 336 - 354
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 27, 2021, 8:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,824
Gold Stars: 553
Quoted from DB

GT report
'Hurst though insisted he made his judgement based on Town’s opponents, and felt the game panned out just as he had anticipated' WE LOST

“You can see the pitch, it cuts up straight away, and you see how Harrogate play, and again that’s not a criticism, that’s just what they do more often than not."  
    Same for both teams and BP is not perfect

“We were a little bit too deep in terms of midfield players getting forward and a little bit narrow.
“When we changed that for the second half, I thought we were coming into it, and if anything probably felt like we’d got to a point where, certainly not dominating, but I thought we were the more likely winners."     Couldn't have watched what we saw

Big YAAWWWNNN couldn't be doing with the rest. He failed to say 5 words.   Sorry I got it wrong

You’re our Mr Positive! If you lose hope we really are in trouble.

Let’s change the subject to something happier. Are you enjoying your wine and what is it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 337 - 354
DB
February 27, 2021, 8:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker

You’re our Mr Positive! If you lose hope we really are in trouble.

Let’s change the subject to something happier. Are you enjoying your wine and what is it?

I didn't say that. I am always full of hope and Monday night will be absolutely positive we'll beat Orient. But for now the red wine is very nice, happy time for me anyhow till the morning!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 338 - 354
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 27, 2021, 8:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,824
Gold Stars: 553
Quoted from DB

I didn't say that. I am always full of hope and Monday night will be absolutely positive we'll beat Orient. But for now the red wine is very nice, happy time for me anyhow till the morning!!

That’s more like it 😀
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 339 - 354
36 Pages Prev ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harrogate (A) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.