Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Edau paru Newport   (Newport Match thread)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 78 Guests

Edau paru Newport   (Newport Match thread)

This thread currently has 41,185 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All Recommend Thread
FishOutOfWater
February 6, 2021, 6:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from jaygy
The games are ticking away and all I can see is John Fenty running off into the sun set with a briefcase filled with £2million and sticking the middle finger up to us dropping out of the league. Fenty I never really had a problem with you over the years but you really are a first class b#llend!! He has ruined the club I love for a second time.....I don't know how just dropping down one league makes me feel so much dread and shame

I sometimes (actually, quite often ) think is Fenty actually a fan?

His supporters say he is but realistically all he has ever done is the bare minimum for our survival ( and I don't mean that topless ice bucket challenge )

Sure without his initial "investment" we might have faced admin but we're going back almost 20 years now and no visible progress whatsoever.

All I can hope for is that the new consortium think that it's not just about ownership and personal publicity but will actually seek to invest in the club, to take us forward and not just settle for mediocrity

Hopefully we will still be a league club by the time they get in place to influence our future...time's not on our side though, so our renaissance might have to start from the National League

What a legacy that will be for the regime that's been in charge for most of this century...

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 340 - 357
psgmariner
February 6, 2021, 6:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
There is no improvement. Look at the data.

Private Message
Reply: 341 - 357
arryarryarry
February 6, 2021, 7:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from TAGG

I keep seeing people saying we are showing signs of improvement
WHERE?
We are still second from bottom steadily getting cut adrift.
We can't score
We can't keep teams scoring against us.
We are desperate for points and we still can't get any so like I say where have we improved??

Too many on here suffering Neil Woodsitis.
Private Message
Reply: 342 - 357
February 6, 2021, 7:49pm
Guest User
Just asking, is The Fishy the only forum that has members who can't wait for Town to lose so they can start spitting out rubbish from their mouths?
Reply: 343 - 357
Heisenberg
February 6, 2021, 8:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,096
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from psgmariner
There is no improvement. Look at the data.

Fair enough, but Holloway wasn’t sacked, he left us. Who would YOU have given the job to?

You’ve been negative since Hurst’s appointment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 344 - 357
davmariner
February 6, 2021, 8:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,957
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Heisenberg

Fair enough, but Holloway wasn’t sacked, he left us. Who would YOU have given the job to?

You’ve been negative since Hurst’s appointment.

Agreed, data only shows so much. It doesn’t take into account the fact that PH inherited an appalling situation and team sinking quicker than the titanic only a few games ago. He’s managed to bring some players (which was no easy task given where we are) and he now needs patience and our support.

It’s sniping from the same individuals who never wanted him back in the first place. The vast majority of level headed fans can see the improvements so far and will continue to get behind Paul and the team and support them in trying to do all they can to rescue a dire situation.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 345 - 357
TAGG
February 6, 2021, 8:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,940
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from davmariner

Agreed, data only shows so much. It doesn’t take into account the fact that PH inherited an appalling situation and team sinking quicker than the titanic only a few games ago. He’s managed to bring some players (which was no easy task given where we are) and he now needs patience and our support.

It’s sniping from the same individuals who never wanted him back in the first place. The vast majority of level headed fans can see the improvements so far and will continue to get behind Paul and the team and support them in trying to do all they can to rescue a dire situation.

Everyone knows what Holloway has done to this club and how hard it would be for whoever followed that idiot.
I'm not getting at PH and I don't think others are.
Its just people saying we have improved, we haven't.
Today was an example
How many points did we get?
How many goals did we score?
How many goal scoring chances did we make?
PH has my support and if we do get relegated im not going to blame him.
But ffs stop saying we are any better than we have been all this season.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 346 - 357
Northbank Mariner
February 6, 2021, 8:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,528
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from TAGG

Everyone knows what Holloway has done to this club and how hard it would be for whoever followed that idiot.
Today was an example

Stats mean f@ck all right now, we played better football with a team that's been cobbled together in 5 days!...that performance was better than the sh!te Holloway dished up..yes we lost, but I have confidence this "new" team has every chance if survival..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 347 - 357
davmariner
February 6, 2021, 8:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,957
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from TAGG

Today was an example

I would argue that we have improved. Does anyone dispute that we have better players than we did under Runaway? We’re better in the sense that we’re actually stringing some passes together and getting into attacking areas albeit there is still room for improvement.

Defensively we have also improved albeit individual lapses have cost us goals in recent weeks. We’re starting to look like a coherent team which wasn’t the case under Holloway.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 348 - 357
MuddyWaters
February 6, 2021, 8:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 123614
Just asking, is The Fishy the only forum that has members who can't wait for Town to lose so they can start spitting out rubbish from their mouths?

Of course there’s some who wallow in negativity. By the same token, there are some who see things through black and white specs. In between, reality is we’re in the excrement and we need a seismic change in fortune or the National League to come riding to the rescue.
Private Message
Reply: 349 - 357
36 Pages Prev ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Edau paru Newport   (Newport Match thread)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.