Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Edau paru Newport   (Newport Match thread)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 218 Guests

Edau paru Newport   (Newport Match thread)

This thread currently has 41,058 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 All Recommend Thread
Yoda
February 6, 2021, 9:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
there is no doubt we have improved but is it fast enough to keep us up.

Stevenage are improving so are southend
we are stalking
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 350 - 357
grimsby pete
February 6, 2021, 9:04pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Just to make things worse it is going to snow for a few days.

That means less time on the training pitch.

The new lads need time to settle in and get to know each other.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 351 - 357
golfer
February 6, 2021, 9:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
I  don't think today anybody played badly nor do I think anybody played brilliantly and considering the short time that they have had together I was quite pleased with the performance. This team will come good in time to avoid relegation
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 352 - 357
arryarryarry
February 6, 2021, 9:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from 123614
Just asking, is The Fishy the only forum that has members who can't wait for Town to lose so they can start spitting out rubbish from their mouths?

For felicitations sake are you flipping real or just a urine taker

Just take your head out of your bottom and try reading the forums of other clubs that are in the excrement like ours is.
Private Message
Reply: 353 - 357
February 6, 2021, 9:29pm
Guest User
Quoted from arryarryarry

For felicitations sake are you flipping real or just a urine taker

Just take your head out of your bottom and try reading the forums of other clubs that are in the excrement like ours is.

Haha, what a fine example we have here, 70 years I have been supporting Town, and never ever could I be called what you just called me, you are just an example of some of the illiterate idiots we have posting here.  
Reply: 354 - 357
denni266
February 6, 2021, 10:40pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
Football is all about winning and scoring goals  pref more than the teamyou are playing .. How many times have we done that this season ????  what is it 89 th out of 90  , stinks dont it .. Am not interested in pretty play or more anything . just winning  that counts. You may as well live next to a lotto winner , it will get you nothing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 355 - 357
Nutsy
February 6, 2021, 10:54pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +139
Gold Stars: 5
I didn’t think Bunney was as bad as people say, yes it was clear he hasn’t played full time for a while but he looked to get forward and could be a good asset when fully fit
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 356 - 357
RonMariner
February 6, 2021, 11:10pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,539
Gold Stars: 224
We need to get real.

Yes, we have new players, and they are an improvement on the Hollow Words squad.

But it is clear that not all of them are fully match fit. And the fact is that time is against us. Te teams around us have games in hand, and most of them have far superior goal difference and more points.

We are in a deep hole. A good 45 minutes is a good sign, but we have to start winning. And we have tough fixtures coming up, at the end of which we could, in four weeks time, be well adrift of safety.

The sad truth is that even with new players we lost a crucial six pointer last week, against a team without an away win in a year, which may well end up being the difference between us and Stevenage at the end of the season.

Today with a few more new players we threw away an absolutely golden opportunity to chalk up a win. We are the only team Newport have beaten in their last 11 games. And they were down to 10 men after 37 minutes. And we STILL lost.

In the last week there were 6 points there on a plate for us. If we go down it will be these 6 six points that probably cost us our league status. For me this is the week that I lost hope. I think we have had it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 357 - 357
36 Pages Prev ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Edau paru Newport   (Newport Match thread)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.