Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Edau paru Newport   (Newport Match thread)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 83 Guests

Edau paru Newport   (Newport Match thread)

This thread currently has 41,184 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All Recommend Thread
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 6, 2021, 5:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,757
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from Stadium

They did "create" the goal by gambling & getting it into the area
Did we do anything similar,ie send some balls into the area etc?
Once again excuses about the surface but it's the same for both sides.

Never made an excuse for losing about the surface just saying it made it difficult to play any football on the ground is that hard to understand? Also very difficult to move the ball through the middle or beat a guy as ball bobbles all over. As for creating chances you should know what I mean and we did have a number of shots from outside the box unfortunately they were all crap ones that missed the target. We actually crossed the ball on a number of occasions but again 95% of them were again crap.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 330 - 357
Stadium
February 6, 2021, 5:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Never made an excuse for losing about the surface just saying it made it difficult to play any football on the ground is that hard to understand? Also very difficult to move the ball through the middle or beat a guy as ball bobbles all over. As for creating chances you should know what I mean and we did have a number of shots from outside the box unfortunately they were all crap ones that missed the target. We actually crossed the ball on a number of occasions but again 95% of them were again crap.

Good summary.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 331 - 357
GrimRob
February 6, 2021, 5:46pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,432
Gold Stars: 113
Next 2 games against top 6 teams. We weren't outplayed by them another top six side today though. But chances are we will lose more ground.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 332 - 357
Abdul19
February 6, 2021, 5:48pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,575
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from DB
It's results based and we haven't had any. As good as possession is it's goals that count and we hardly get any. People will look back at this season and say they lost. They won't say their play improved or they looked good at times, nope just lost.

They won't blame oloway or Fenty just say they they lost and didn't score.

On a positive note I did see some green shoots, but mid field creativity has not improved nor has running of the ball or finding channels. Doesn't matter who is in mid field they just pass sideways most of the time.

I saw effort, determination, enthusiasm and guts. The new keeper did ok and I think the team will come good.
3 points against Tranmere and we're up and running.

2 words to make any GTFC fan shudder.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 333 - 357
DB
February 6, 2021, 5:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.46
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from GrimRob
Next 2 games against top 6 teams. We weren't outplayed by them another top six side today though. But chances are we will lose more ground.

I'm optimistic but it's not looking good. So what do know about that mess called the NL?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 334 - 357
horsforthmariner
February 6, 2021, 5:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,633
Gold Stars: 9
Ah we’re stuffed - it’s not Hurst’s fault, the reality is that to get to 50 points we’ve got average 1.5 pts per game for the rest of the season. That’s the equivalent of a 70 point season. Can you see this team getting 70 points - 55-60 yes but not 70. Too few games to many missed opportunities.

intercourse you Fenty
intercourse you Holloway
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 335 - 357
GYinScuntland
February 6, 2021, 5:59pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from Boris Johnson

Starting at Solihull in August

Brilliant one liner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 336 - 357
RonMariner
February 6, 2021, 6:00pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,775
Gold Stars: 226
Golden opportunity today. Newport in dreadful form, reduced to 10 men before half time.  Should have been a nailed on 3 points.

Can't tell you how disappointed I am.

This time last week I was convinced we were going down.

This result makes our task harder than it was last week.

Yes. we have some better players now, but they need to win at least 9 of the remaining 19 games.  I just don't see us staying up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 337 - 357
jaygy
February 6, 2021, 6:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
The games are ticking away and all I can see is John Fenty running off into the sun set with a briefcase filled with £2million and sticking the middle finger up to us dropping out of the league. Fenty I never really had a problem with you over the years but you really are a first class b#llend!! He has ruined the club I love for a second time.....I don't know how just dropping down one league makes me feel so much dread and shame
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 338 - 357
TAGG
February 6, 2021, 6:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,940
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
February always going to be tough.
Newport are 3rd we are 23rd.

We lost 1-0 away get over it.
Signs of improvement and 19 games to go.

I keep seeing people saying we are showing signs of improvement
WHERE?
We are still second from bottom steadily getting cut adrift.
We can't score
We can't keep teams scoring against us.
We are desperate for points and we still can't get any so like I say where have we improved??

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 339 - 357
36 Pages Prev ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Edau paru Newport   (Newport Match thread)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.