Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who needs to intercourse off?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 338 Guests

Who needs to intercourse off?

This thread currently has 9,669 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
toontown
January 24, 2021, 12:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,270
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from ginnywings

It's 3 years for Gibson, 2 for Jackson and 1 for Sissay, but your point stands.

3 years for Gibson that ls the same as bogle got - but the gulf between  them is a chasm. Bogle was immediately one of our best players when  he arrived - Gibson didn't know the offside rule.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 58
toontown
January 24, 2021, 12:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,270
Gold Stars: 70
Him and jackson are not particularly young either- 23. So unlikely to progress much at all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 58
Jarmo.Is.God
January 24, 2021, 12:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from cannylad68
I'm surprised at the criticism of Jackson and Gibson.

Surely neither of them have had sufficient playing time.

They are quickly becoming players that get better, the more they sit on the bench...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 58
louth_in_the_south
January 24, 2021, 2:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,672
Gold Stars: 94
I’d keep Spokes and Jackson as they both have a bit of potential to work on . Tbf to Jackson he didn’t want to go full time so he could complete his university course. I don’t think the problem lies with the young lads anyway . It’s the so called experienced pros who are .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 58
KingstonMariner
January 24, 2021, 3:05pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Fenty & Day

I disagree.

Fenty, Day and Marley.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 58
Bigdog
January 24, 2021, 3:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
What the hell is this love in with Jackson Jnr? Headless chicken. The lad's clueless. Saying this player and that player should fook off and then be soft as shite about him. We've played just over half a season without a single competent League Two striker. Not one, what chance have we got of winning games? And what chance have we got in pinning our hopes up front on an injury prone statue of a striker? But that's all we've got at the minute. We play with Hanson up top on his own, the balls into him need to be so accurate because he can offer nothing else other than directly to his feet and chest or for him to head the ball on. His lack of movement cuts down the options and angles of passing to him. You can't play it down the sides of defenders because he can't get there, you can't play it into space because he can't get there in front of the defender. Hanson offers one option of pass and his markers know that so he's easy to mark and for our players harder to pass to. So Hanson needs a partner and we've got a player in Green that's so bereft of confidence that he's like a comedy character who the ball bounces off all of the time no matter how hard he tries and just runs slowly into opposing players to give away countless free kicks, a headless chicken in Ira and Gibson who is further down the pecking order than the other two. Fix our forward line with one or two competent forwards who have a little pace, (we may have to gamble cost wise on a couple of talented mobile youth from higher up the pyramid), and it may improve our teamplay immeasurably..

Some of the players mentioned on this thread are a lot better than some people think. Continually in and out of the side, moved from position to position, different team mates every game and when they come in the rest of the team is short on confidence or they're brought on as subs when the game is gone on a shitheap of a pitch or even recovering from injuries and not up to match speed, and then they're out of the team again and rinse and repeat..

Hopefully Hurst can add two or three more in the right areas of the pitch to give all of our players a lift and we can get a more settled side together..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 58
Swansea_Mariner
January 24, 2021, 3:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
I’d keep Spokes and Jackson as they both have a bit of potential to work on . Tbf to Jackson he didn’t want to go full time so he could complete his university course. I don’t think the problem lies with the young lads anyway . It’s the so called experienced pros who are .

Agreed. Jackson and Spokes combined have made about half the starts Rose has. While they appear unlikely to be the solution to our problems, their also not really the problem.  The senior so called pros in our squad are a complete shambles.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 58
forza ivano
January 24, 2021, 3:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
Don't worry the Shop is coming to save us

ps was referring to morais as the 35 year old  who hasn't played for a year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 58
gytone
January 24, 2021, 4:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,020
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from forza ivano
Don't worry the Shop is coming to save us

ps was referring to morais as the 35 year old  who hasn't played for a year

I realise that now forza, sorry pal 😅
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who needs to intercourse off?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.