Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunthorpe (A) Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 149 Guests

Scunthorpe (A) Match Thread

This thread currently has 42,674 views. Print
33 Pages Prev ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
January 23, 2021, 3:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Awful...doesn’t need any explanation, just awful...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 290 - 326
Sir Matt Tease
January 23, 2021, 3:05pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +291
Gold Stars: 31
Posted this first half and saw nothing in the second that forced me to revise my opinion.

I have got to say that this is possibly the worst side I have seen in over 50 yrs of watching the Mariners, totally clueless !

Some of you need to remove the rose tinted spectacles and stop gushing about the return of "The Messiah" and realise that we are totally sh1ite !

Can't defend, no idea's going forward, the National League beckons (again).

We were bad under Runaway but somehow we have managed to look worse under Hurst !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 291 - 326
TownSNAFU5
January 23, 2021, 3:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,882
Gold Stars: 42
50% more possession that Scunny (60% v 40%).

Again, we dominated possession in another game.  We very rarely do anything with it!!  We still lost 3-0 today.

Very, very poor again.   Very sad for everybody, mainly the long-suffering loyal fans.  How did we hit rock-bottom?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 292 - 326
DB
January 23, 2021, 3:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Never before has anybody in a town shirt put in no passion, no commitment, no effort, no desire and performed like headless chickens like this lot. Not worthy of the shirt but having had today off, tomorrow off, they be well prepared for Barrow.

You could allow a bit for Menayese and Matete but that said they both got no help others

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 293 - 326
Stadium
January 23, 2021, 3:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease
Posted this first half and saw nothing in the second that forced me to revise my opinion.

I have got to say that this is possibly the worst side I have seen in over 50 yrs of watching the Mariners, totally clueless !

Some of you need to remove the rose tinted spectacles and stop gushing about the return of "The Messiah" and realise that we are totally sh1ite !

Can't defend, no idea's going forward, the National League beckons (again).

We were bad under Runaway but somehow we have managed to look worse under Hurst !

Has anybody been "gushing" over PH ??
The majority realise the side is absolutely miles away from been were it needs to be.
It's easy to slate an incoming manager with the team he's inherited.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 294 - 326
RonMariner
January 23, 2021, 3:10pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,718
Gold Stars: 226
Minus 24 goal difference.  We are shockingly bad.

Error prone keeper. Static, slow, clueless defence.  No quality, pace. fight, or creativity in Midfield. No threat up front.

To be honest, its nor four or five new players we need, It's nearer 10.

Cant seen enough new faces coming in during the week we have left in the transfer window. So we are down. let's face it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 295 - 326
DB
January 23, 2021, 3:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Steve Richards
People having a go at Williams by far our best player going forward today if we are going to criticise players I think we need to look at our defence! The 3 that came on after half time added much needed energy and we started to pass the ball rather than hoof it up the pitch at Hanson. 2nd half so much better. Trying to be positive obviously none of it is great  ...

Williams 1 goal all season, so about from the stands where's his best attacking position

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 296 - 326
FishOutOfWater
January 23, 2021, 3:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Totally disheartening

Things are getting really desperate...it’ll take a miracle for us to get out of the mess that Hurst has inherited
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 297 - 326
Croxton
January 23, 2021, 3:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Chrisblor

He inherited a bad squad, but he clearly hasn't fully understood who the worst performers in it are. Anyone with eyes could tell you Green is terrible, yet Hurst still picks him every week and leaves him on when we're in need of goals. Max Wright and Scannell have been two of our better attacking players this season (that's not saying much tbf), but he pulls one of them off at half time after playing no worse than some players who remained on the pitch, and leaves the other one on the bench until we're 3-0 down. Rose and Williams have been dire all season - both just give free kicks away and really offer nothing creatively. He brings them both on when we're losing - why? Obviously the main blame for our position lies with Holloway and the board, and the players Hurst has brought in have looked better than what we already had, but he can't expect to escape some blame if he keeps putting players who we know are useless on the pitch at the expense of others who've proven they're slightly less excrement.

This. Switched on late, could not believe the selection or the subs. Matete was very promising. Their keeper has been criticised this year but looked much safer than ours.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 298 - 326
pdl196
January 23, 2021, 3:13pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +1
I think we are already down. Utterly clueless. Once we were one down it was already over. I can't even be bothered to pick out any player for being slightly shitter than the rest. I stuck with GTFC buying season tickets for my family right through non league. I've spent £1400 on tickets for this season, plus buying merchandise and ifollow games and monthly ifollow. Cancelling my ifollow this afternoon. Won't renew my season tickets. That's it for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 299 - 326
33 Pages Prev ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunthorpe (A) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.