11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
livvo
January 23, 2021, 11:25pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +133
Gold Stars: 6
Check you out with the massive name drops 😘😘😘
It’s a nice stadium, purpose built . I’ve been and watched a couple of their games. I saw an ageing schweinsteiger play for Chicago against them and he run the show. Also saw David Villa ,Pirlo and Jack Harrison play for NYC so I think the standard is a bit better than league 2 but Bradley wright Phillips was their top player for years so Bogle might be ok. I think it’s his last chance though if he does go.[/quote]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 102
DB
January 24, 2021, 1:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Hurstomariner
Be nice to think this next week we can get a striker in or 2 ! Happy with BOGLE and CHADWICK coming ! Or am I dreaming .

Nostalgia is good but is Bogle up for it. 13 goals since joining Cardiff(Aug 17) in 40 apps + 35 as sub.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=79428

His record for us was good, but when he left the stats tell all.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 102
mariner91
January 24, 2021, 7:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,637
Gold Stars: 261
Really depressingly whilst Bogle’s record isn’t great since leaving us it’s still way better than any of the dross we currently have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 102
Davec
January 24, 2021, 7:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from DB

Nostalgia is good but is Bogle up for it. 13 goals since joining Cardiff(Aug 17) in 40 apps + 35 as sub.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=79428

13 goals in 75 games at championship and league 1 is better than Matt Green's 9 goals in 86 games with 4 goals and 23 appearances being in non league, that makes it just 5 goals in 63 league 2 games.

I think I know who I would prefer out of Bogle and Green, and it's not the latter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 102
Northbank Mariner
January 24, 2021, 7:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Think the easy comparison here is compare Podge to Bogle..
They left within 6 months of each other, Amond played at clubs and a level he knew he could be successful where as Bogle took the option to go higher up, get paid an awful lot more(absolutely no blame on Omar for that though might I add) and ultimately has failed. There's no getting away from that fact, if he drops down to league 2 I have no doubt he'll find his shooting boots again, but will that be with GTFC?, personally I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance if that happening, but don't be surprised if ends up somewhere like Cheltenham or any top end league 2 club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 102
ska face
January 24, 2021, 8:03am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,657
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from DB

Yeah they do - we’ve scored 19 goals all season, total. In 16/17 Bogle scored that many himself in the same period, with another 5 assists.

13 in 75 is just under 1 in 6 at Championship and top end League 1. Matt Green has scored 1 in 18 this season, 2 in 29 last. Hanson hasn’t scored for 11 months.

I don’t think we’ve a hope in hell of him coming back, but anyone pretending he wouldn’t improve our attack are embarrassing themselves.
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 102
aldi_01
January 24, 2021, 8:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Hurst managed Bogle absolutely perfectly, but once the narrative against hurst was written that was all forgotten.

Bogle came in to a side that’s only objective was promotion. Nothing else. He’d been training a couple of times a week as was a big fish in a minute pond, he came here and wasn’t. That’s hard to deal with mentally for anyone.

He showed glimmers and Hurst kept him on a tight leash, he worked him hard and when he played he was effective and often scored.

He was brought in to the side when in truth, Podge had dried up a little, Bogle scored, he scored three of the most important goals in the clubs history.

That carried on in to the league, under Hurst. The club copulated about, Hurst left and Bogle not long after. At times he could seem greedy and could be infuriating but he’s a class above.

To not think Bogle will improve this side, raise people’s moods and score goals, mainly because he can be selfish and greedy, is absolutely deluded...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 102
Poojah
January 24, 2021, 9:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,486
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from ska face

Yeah they do - we’ve scored 19 goals all season, total. In 16/17 Bogle scored that many himself in the same period, with another 5 assists.

Wow, that is very, very sobering. We are that far behind a team which included such lesser lights as Scott Vernon, James Berrett, Luke Summerfield and Ashley Chambers.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 102
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 24, 2021, 9:29am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
We have not scored more than one goal in any home league match all season which in itself is a frightening statistic and shows how difficult it is going to be to get out of this mess.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 102
Humbercod
January 24, 2021, 9:58am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Think the easy comparison here is compare Podge to Bogle..
They left within 6 months of each other, Amond played at clubs and a level he knew he could be successful where as Bogle took the option to go higher up, get paid an awful lot more(absolutely no blame on Omar for that though might I add) and ultimately has failed. There's no getting away from that fact, if he drops down to league 2 I have no doubt he'll find his shooting boots again, but will that be with GTFC?, personally I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance if that happening, but don't be surprised if ends up somewhere like Cheltenham or any top end league 2 club.

Funny how their paths have differed podge remains a prolific striker, tons of awards and no doubt loved by the Newport fans. Bogle now just another journeyman, nothing outstanding nothing to show for his talent (since leaving us) but mortgage free😁
Who took the best path?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bogle

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.