HertsGTFC
January 24, 2021, 10:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from aldi_01
Hurst managed Bogle absolutely perfectly, but once the narrative against hurst was written that was all forgotten.

Bogle came in to a side that’s only objective was promotion. Nothing else. He’d been training a couple of times a week as was a big fish in a minute pond, he came here and wasn’t. That’s hard to deal with mentally for anyone.

He showed glimmers and Hurst kept him on a tight leash, he worked him hard and when he played he was effective and often scored.

He was brought in to the side when in truth, Podge had dried up a little, Bogle scored, he scored three of the most important goals in the clubs history.

That carried on in to the league, under Hurst. The club copulated about, Hurst left and Bogle not long after. At times he could seem greedy and could be infuriating but he’s a class above.

To not think Bogle will improve this side, raise people’s moods and score goals, mainly because he can be selfish and greedy, is absolutely deluded...

100% agree, but we'll never get to see if he'd make us better or not this season.  

What wouldn't surprise me though is if by some miracle we stay up and it doesn't work for Omar at Charlton we'd at least enquire about him coming back. Hurst knows his value and how to manage him and the new owners know what something like that could do in terms of engaging the fan base.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 102
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 24, 2021, 10:35am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
He’s not fu(king coming!
Can we just get over it. Yes, I know he’s played for us before and yes he’s worked with hurst. But there will be more attractive propositions than playing for town again, even on loan.

Can we just get over this delusion that he will be signing for us

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 102
DB
January 24, 2021, 11:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,971
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
He’s not fu(king coming!
Can we just get over it. Yes, I know he’s played for us before and yes he’s worked with hurst. But there will be more attractive propositions than playing for town again, even on loan.

Can we just get over this delusion that he will be signing for us

Totally Woz but, it seems, neither is any other decent striker

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 102
RonMariner
January 24, 2021, 11:52am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,539
Gold Stars: 224
If, as we were told previously, money is no object, then it is not impossible to see him coming back here, on loan at least.

More likely would be the return of LJL. Though not prolific, he would be a great target man. But we still need a two other things urgently; a proven goalscorer, and a strong midfield to provide service.

I think Matete is a good start, but he can't do it on his own. We need a Jon Nolan type player along side him.

So, to my way of thinking, we should sign LJL, pay whatever is required to get Bogle back on loan, and sign another quality midfielder.

That's quite a shopping list, and shows the size of the task confronting us.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 102
Nelly GTFC
January 26, 2021, 4:14pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 30
Bogle has announced he's making his next move on Instagram, surely it's got to be a League Two club to try and revitalise his career?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/JGb8hKZ.jpg[/img]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 102
psgmariner
January 26, 2021, 4:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Weather looks good in Charlton.

Private Message
Reply: 85 - 102
Gainsbro_Mariner
January 26, 2021, 4:21pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Apparently Bogle has announced he's making his next move on Instagram, surely it's got to be a League Two club to try and revitalise his career?

I've heard Doncaster are looking at him, how true that is I don't know?

I'd imagine it would be more of a realistic landing spot for him than coming back here.

I mean I'd love to have Omar back, but I'm sure his wages are a jump up from what we can spend, and even with Hurst back he isn't going to risk the from what would be the Eredivisie to the bottom of League Two in less than a year.

I hope he stays in League One, wouldn't like to play against him whatever form he is in.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 102
pontoonlew
January 26, 2021, 4:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,834
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Bogle has announced he's making his next move on Instagram, surely it's got to be a League Two club to try and revitalise his career?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/JGb8hKZ.jpg[/img]

‘Announced he’s making his next move’

Reading into things with that one
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 102
dicko995
January 26, 2021, 4:40pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
ffs, can we put this to bed and bury it, he aint coming here, sick of reading the utter crap of him coming back here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 102
Madeleymariner
January 26, 2021, 4:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from dicko995
ffs, can we put this to bed and bury it, he aint coming here, sick of reading the utter crap of him coming back here

I know he won't but will laugh my head off if it happened just for your reaction
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 102
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bogle

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.